Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Please refund the money you owe!!
Page 1 of 16 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Please refund the money you owe!!
Old
  (#1)
hoppecopy
AzB Bronze Member
hoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Please refund the money you owe!! - 03-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Brent Summers do the right thing.
Please refund my $2823.00, do not deal with this cue maker.
Here is my story I contacted Brent Summers in October, he had posted some cues online I liked one of them but it was sold to a lady, who returned it because the finish was all scratched, I didn't know this at the time I asked him if the cues for sale again he said yes I asked him to put some barbell inlays in and I paid him he told me it would be approximately 5 weeks, the next month I ordered a jump break stick to match and I paid him, figuring my cue would come in December I asked him to make me cap protect as an extension, but I am a jeweler in business for 65 years I am a rated #1 account with a Jeweler's board of trade, I made a deal with Brent that I would make his girl some jewelry in place of some money off the bill for the add on, I made the jewelry and I sent it before Christmas, at the time I figured I would have the cue by Christmas, I kept calling him and it was one excuse after another , the cue wasn't ready ,wasn't ready, finally 5 months has passed and finally he said that the shafts were not ready he would send me the butt with a warped shaft to use until the shafts are finished, as I then found out , that's supposedly the three shafts that he was making me warped because he turn them down to quick and they warped, back to the story,as you can imagine I was very happy to get something in my hands when I receive the cue it was all scratched he put a linen wrap on it was sticking over the handle you could still see the toothpick where he started the wrap, I sent the cue back the next day and ask for my money back, I told him to keep the $1,200 jewelry I made, for the inlays put in already existing cue, which is more than fair for the barbell inlays he did, I'm asking for my money back because I did not want to have to wait another five months to be disappointed again as we talked he told me stories of this cur sitting in the shop and he just wanted to get rid of it, of course I hear all these stories after the fact Mr. Summers is going through a divorce and I believe he baited me into saying 5 weeks so he could get money to pay his ex-wife divorce fees, I have bought hundreds of cues over the years over 60 from Richard black, if anybody wants to know anything about me, ask Mr Black I'm an honest person and hard working, and all I'm asking for is my money back nothing more nothing less.. unfortunately I have been screwed by cue makers before and I am not going to be screwed anymore all I'm asking for is what's mine and life can go on how can a cue maker who's make cues for 7 years turn out such a shit product warped shafts, then bait and switch me to get money to pay his attorney fees this is simply just not fair I'm not a mean person I just want my money back please!!! Please stay clear of Brent Summers cue.
Attached Images

Last edited by hoppecopy; 03-05-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 10:50 AM

C'mon man. You gotta do better than that. Popcorn being popped as i type. We gotta hear all the juicy stuff.

Old
  (#3)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
C'mon man. You gotta do better than that. Popcorn being popped as i type. We gotta hear all the juicy stuff.
I was going to report the original post, because I think it's at least inappropriate to use the forum to bad mouth someone, but, I agree, let's hear the story.

What happened?

When did you pay?

Why did you ask for the refund?

When did you ask for the refund?

Did he say why he isn't refunding your money?

Are his terms and conditions written anywhere? If so, please post them.

Old
  (#4)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 10:58 AM

why do people shell out so much for these things ??!!!

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#5)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

03-04-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
why do people shell out so much for these things ??!!!
ummmm… because they / we can? lol

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#6)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Help protect others by releasing details of what happened so others can judge and decide.
Lee Peppers was thought to be a good cue-maker until details started coming out about him.
When there is a serious problem, shine a light on it to ensure others know what the risks are.
More importantly, someone has to topple the first domino to get things started for the rest to fall.
Sometimes this can lead to good things but at the least, the culprit is identified & others can learn.

Matt B.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#7)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

03-04-2019, 11:03 AM

I may soon start my own thread about another cue maker.

We shall see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#8)
hoppecopy
AzB Bronze Member
hoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond reputehoppecopy has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppecopy View Post
Brent Summers do the right thing.
Please refund my $2823.00, do not deal with this cue maker.
I will write a detailed letter and post it in the next day or two, let me collect all the facts , so I can give a honest, truthful explanation....hoppy

Last edited by hoppecopy; 03-04-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Old
  (#9)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:15 PM

If you are going to wait a day or two to "collect all the facts" then take down the post until then.

You would want nothing less than that from someone who posted your name like you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppecopy View Post
I will write a detailed letter and post it in the next day or two, let me collect all the facts , so I can give a honest, truthful explanation....hoppy

Old
  (#10)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
If you are going to wait a day or two to "collect all the facts" then take down the post until then.

You would want nothing less than that from someone who posted your name like you did.
I agree. OP should put up, or shut up.

Old
  (#11)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:27 PM

Who pays $2,823.00 for an unknown cue maker????

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Old
  (#12)
KAP1976
AzB Silver Member
KAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:27 PM

How the hell are you "collecting facts" on something that happened to you?

Old
  (#13)
jviss
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP1976 View Post
To be fair, when he said "collect" I took it to mean organize his thoughts and put them into perspective for reporting here, not to discover them.

Old
  (#14)
longhorns2
AzB Silver Member
longhorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Balls in your court, Brent Summers.

Old
  (#15)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Silver Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP1976 View Post
That's what I'm wondering. If the cue maker is doing shady business it's all good to blast him. Some might say he has an obligation to do so. But not spilling the beans is like hmmm. Now you've got a crowd forming with torches and pitchforks and they may just turn on you instead.

Page 1 of 16 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: