Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Video: how to shoot caroms of from ball.
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-20-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Here’s how it works for me.....

Attachment 525172

I probably make instinctual adjustments for thickness of cloth and age of the balls.

....I also use inside english to narrow the angle and outside english to widen it...
...although the easiest way to widen it is to increase the speed.
I feel the english effect works on the snooker cloth...delayed contact?
...whaddiya think, Bob
I think inside helps narrow the angle (reduce it from 35 degrees) two ways. First the rubbing slows down the cue ball in the tangent direction. The other is that there will be a curve towards the side of the english which changes the approach angle a little.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#17)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-20-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I think inside helps narrow the angle (reduce it from 35 degrees) two ways. First the rubbing slows down the cue ball in the tangent direction. The other is that there will be a curve towards the side of the english which changes the approach angle a little.
So much of my knowledge is empirical and visual,,,,and my early experience is with 4.5 oz
Vitalite snooker balls...on 26 oz WOE snooker cloth....in the UK, with 5 oz Crystalate
balls on much heavier cloth, I had some BIG adjustments to make.

The most satisfying snooker session Iíve ever had was on a near perfect 5x10 with
Granito carom cloth....Vitalite type balls...everything happened like I picture it.
...ícourse, my appreciation may be influenced by the fact I did really well financially...

Anyway, itís always nice to have a more educated view....thanx

pt....high school dropout

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#18)
TRWpool
AzB Silver Member
TRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Poolmanis has brought to our attention a very important piece of the pool puzzle we all need to work to improve upon if we wish to become strong well rounded players.
Thank you.

Tom

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Old
  (#19)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2019, 12:50 AM

Anyone tried shooting caroms with these tips?
I am curious how did it go?

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
Super Strong match against 10-Ball Ghost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6okbwLetu4&t=

Old
  (#20)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2019, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Back in the late 70s....betting on shots with a man who reached the top 32 in the WPBSA
....told him I would bet on making 7 out of 10 in-offs..black spot from the side pocket...
...with one hand
...won it on the last shot
Went double or nothing on 8 out of 10
Went double or nothing on 9 out 10

Offered to do it 10 out of 10...double or nothing....
..he says ‘Now I know I can’t win...for my $80,...tell me why you’re gonna make it every time.”
He was a good guy...so I asked him “Why do you think the black spot is 12.75 inches
from the top rail?...he didn’t know....said “Why wouldn’t it be 12 inches?”....
...”because it’s the red spot from English billiards....from the side or top corner pocket...
...it’s a perfect half-ball in-off....just hit it slightly high ball...medium speed.”
He said “I’m never going to forget that.”

In case Duckie reads this....the half-ball is visual...not mathematical.
Maybe for you,but not me........I’ve never visualized or even tried to do so a 1/2 ball hit cause it doesn’t fit in my pool world. It may exist in yours tho and if that method works for you great, don’t assume though it works for everybody.

Remember it’s all in your head and not necessarily in everybodies head.

Oh.......what’s medium speed?

Last edited by duckie; 07-23-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: