Putting together a local 14.1 tourny

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Putting together a local 14.1 tourney

Hi all. I've been pondering putting together a local 14.1 tourney. With a small added $ to the prize pool. I have a question and I'd love to hear thoughts and ideas. The question is regarding handicapping.

Consider the given (if this is good enough) that players are put into the following catagories. AA - A - B - C. Trying to keep that portion as simple as possible and pretty much knowing who is who locally, what would you guys envision as good spots from one catagory to the next?

Keep in mind that sparking interest in 14.1 will be tough enough, how could it be made fair enough for lesser players to be competative.

Some less common thoughts that have been suggested to me are things like max runs and play safe, free breaks, and others. I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

thanks,

Last edited:

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
I remember playing in one once that had the very same grading , each level was 20 balls on the wire , A to C = 40 balls ,and were 100 point games , seemed to work pretty well , of course I say that cause I won it too as an A grade :)

Last edited: