Have you ever seen someone rip the cloth on the table?

pillage6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a teenager our friend had a table in his house, it was upstairs and the room was slightly smaller than it should have been for that sized table. Well another friend was shooting out of a certain corner, which meant that he had to jack up to shoot the ball. Sure enough as he was following through the tip dug into the cloth and put a small tear in it.

We were both sweating bullets for a while trying to decide what to do, we ended up coming clean but it took us a few days to muster up the courage.

Focus: Have you ever seen anyone rip the cloth on a table? What did they do to cover it up or did they take off faster than a jet on an aircraft carrier?

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
The pub where one of my teams plays out of used to have floor to ceiling mirrors behind the pool tables. On day banger thought he had to hit a ball in harder than anybody really needs to hit a ball and the cb went flying off the table and brought one of these mirrors down on the table.

After all the glass was picked up there were many small and large cuts in the cloth of that table.

It was amazing given the crowd that hangs out there that:
A) nobody got hurt
B) it hadn't happened sooner
C) the plate glass windows beside the other table haven't gone too.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never saw anyone rip the cloth during the match, but I lost one hill-hill when a final 9-ball I slow-rolled got caught up on a small tear in the shelf of the pocket. I wasn't happy.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Tear ...

Shooters here got a tear in the cloth on one of their tables 2 days after being recovered by someone not knowledgeable about Pool trying jump shots, which is not permitted normally to practice. I believe he was billed for the table recovering, which will be a lesson he will never forget.

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I refelted a Diamond table at a small pool hall/pub. They shot and raised their Cue stic and hit a nice light. The light fell down and tore the cloth. It was Simonis also.

I went there not too recently. I think they haven't changed their cloth ever since we did it.