tips

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you might ask at Freezers, if they don't do it, I would hope that they would know who is local to get it done for you.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw online that Bullshooters has a pro shop,no mention of repairs though.

Last edited:

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doc is the local go too cue tech, servicing the pool hall players in the area. Based in Tempe. I was originally referred to him through Kamui Tips. Awesome guy, quick turn around time. Doc 480-603-8783

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it a Fiber tip like Elk Master or Milkdud, or Layered like Searing or Zsar or Moori?

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why do you need the 'best'. It is putting a tip on, for goodness sake, not building a cue. Good enough is good enough - no need for best.

It’s easy to damage a shaft when tipping. I’d look for a reliable/reputable person that will accommodate while waiting. Best mechanic beats the worst.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mordt is a top-notch builder in the Phoenix area. Super nice guy who does great work. I'd call him first.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all who were quick to tell me where to go.... I now need to pull a tip out of my stash. I could go with an original hard Moori, aSearing,Milk dud or an Ultraskin. I have an Ultraskin on one of my Mottey shafts and am happy with how well a $ 3 tip has performed.I think I will put a soft ivoryUltra on a Lucas I Hybrid shaft that I have been using.I was not sure if I would keep it so when the layered tip it came with fell apart I just stuck a LePro on it. POS. Will not use another one,any thoughts on what to use?Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all who were quick to tell me where to go.... I now need to pull a tip out of my stash. I could go with an original hard Moori, aSearing,Milk dud or an Ultraskin. I have an Ultraskin on one of my Mottey shafts and am happy with how well a $ 3 tip has performed.I think I will put a soft ivoryUltra on a Lucas I Hybrid shaft that I have been using.I was not sure if I would keep it so when the layered tip it came with fell apart I just stuck a LePro on it. POS. Will not use another one,any thoughts on what to use?Thanks
If not an Ultraskin i'd try a Thoroughbred. Great tips also.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will not use another one,any thoughts on what to use?Thanks

Experiment to see what you like. I'm currently using a Triangle and very impressed with it's performance and how it is holding up.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s easy to damage a shaft when tipping. I’d look for a reliable/reputable person that will accommodate while waiting. Best mechanic beats the worst.

So those are the only choices? Best or worst?

What a strange world some of you live in.

He didn't ask for a good or reputable guy, he asked for the BEST!! There is only 1 in the whole world. He doesn't need that guy, whoever he is.

I repeat, it is retipping a cue. Good enough is good enough.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You may also want to try Azbilliards member: "Bigjay" Jesse Renteria. He is out of Mesa AZ and does tips as well.

Last edited: