YouTube pool video comments

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been watching some (OK, many) online videos since can't play in tournaments or anywhere outside my house.

I boiled down the people into a few stereotypes, don't be one of those.

SNOOB - this is the snooker snob who comments in every pool video "snooker is better" "this snooker player is better", "look at how huge the pockets are" etc...

REYES OR NO-ONE - I'd guess mostly from the Philippines, in every pool video involving another player posts "how about a video of Efren" or "Efren would have done that better"

ICANDOITALSO - Probably a D player or banger that posts how they make that shot all the time in their local bar or is not impressed by good position play as a "good shot"

WTH IS POOL? - some guy that got recommended a video about pool that clicked on it and is mad he is missing his Justin Beiber song

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
POCKET PRIGS - Those pockets are massive! Too easy for pros. That shot wouldn't have gone in a 2.5 inch pocket like I have on my home table.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I love the YouTube comments lol. And you’re pretty spot on with your classifications.

There’s also the “professional banger” that is often incorrect on shots, patterns, or rules but since they’ve been playing at an apa 4 level for 30 years they will fight their point to the death

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live off youtube pool. I gotta say I am an unequivocal pocket nazi. Treviso Open is the latest bucket show. Don't care much for snooker pockets either. nO RAIL SHOTS??11!? Talk about snobs.

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
You’re spot on with this. I love Efren Reyes as much as the next guy but you can’t so much as pay a compliment to another player without someone chiming in with bata this and that...

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
im the one commenting on how annoying Diliberto is when commentating or the one defending earls honor from all the hes annoying shit talkers who couldn't hold his wrist weights.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im the one commenting on how annoying Diliberto is when commentating or the one defending earls honor from all the hes annoying shit talkers who couldn't hold his wrist weights.

Danny is brutal to listen to. I don't blame him,
most people his age that were good at some
sport all sound the same.

Earl is awful. He is a distraction and a piss poor
sport. He was good ( maybe the best in 9 ball for a time)
but his time has passed and his antics are inexcusable.

Bata is the best.

Even tight pockets with brand new
cloth and balls play loose, snooker included.

Comments on ANY youtube videos are a cesspool.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I just go to full screen & never see the comments. Problem solved.

Yooo that’s like throwing a T-bone in the trash because you don’t eat bone! There is pure gold in most comment sections. Absolute hilarity and thought provoking insight, you just have to navigate through the filth of the fevered section of our human hive mind. We have some infections in our tangled web.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Yooo that’s like throwing a T-bone in the trash because you don’t eat bone! There is pure gold in most comment sections. Absolute hilarity and thought provoking insight, you just have to navigate through the filth of the fevered section of our human hive mind. We have some infections in our tangled web.

Well, there is that....

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never pay attention to comments on YouTube.

Sure, ever now and then, good advice is given in a comment but, it's so rare it's not worth the trouble of sifting through all the idiot's drivel.

In the end, people that post vids are actually "doing something". Sure, lots of them are off on things but, at least they are making efforts to try and improve.

On the other hand, 99% of all people that leave comments do nothing but TALK about what they can do but, ask them for a vid.....POOF......they will disappear like a fart in the wind.

Jeff

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I agree with this....lots of comedy gold...and some tidbits of wisdom...and history.

Some of you guys seem to think only pool is cursed with spectators that diss....
....most of the sports are like this...ever watch a football game?

Baseball fans have been yelling “Kill the umpire!” Since the game began.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found almost universally, in any video topic I've watched on YouTube, that the comments are either completely wrong, and/or completely useless.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never pay attention to comments on YouTube.

Sure, ever now and then, good advice is given in a comment but, it's so rare it's not worth the trouble of sifting through all the idiot's drivel.

In the end, people that post vids are actually "doing something". Sure, lots of them are off on things but, at least they are making efforts to try and improve.

On the other hand, 99% of all people that leave comments do nothing but TALK about what they can do but, ask them for a vid.....POOF......they will disappear like a fart in the wind.

Jeff

This! Good summary.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people disliking free pool matches or dissing the commentary.. not a fan of those people. they just got something for free and they dislike it?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people disliking free pool matches or dissing the commentary.. not a fan of those people. they just got something for free and they dislike it?

I have read a few where someone uploads a VHS recording or a 40 yr old match and people complain it's not HD hehe