Picture of pockets

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Geoff,

That's it! Thank you very much.

OK, the stock numbers on the Gold Crown 1/2 as shown all start with E-74xxx and the location(head, foot, etc.)

What are the stock numbers on the pockets you have identified as Gold Crown 3 pockets?

I appreciate your help very much.

Boxcar

I likely won't get a chance to take a look tonight, but maybe tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post photos.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
How come part of the pocket is shiny like the lower portion and the upper portion is satin or flat finished?? It cant be different material because the outer upper opening is shiny around the pocket casting. I noticed this on my GCI also, the top of the pocket is shiny and the inside is satin or flat and I have not found anything to clean it up with better yet. It seems to make chalk stick to the inside of the pocket easier which in turn gets the balls dirty. I clean out my ball box frequently, I replaced the cork kind of stuff with some smooth rubber, Im guessing the debris makes its way to the ball box via seemingly dirty pockets. :confused::confused::confused:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fastone,

Those pockets are made of two different materials. The shiny bottom part, known as the "boot" is made of a flexible plastic that is very sensitive to super glue. If you find a crack in one of your boots, remove any debris, apply super-glue liberally enough so it doesn't run all over the place, accurately align the two sides of the crack and hold them together firmly for a minute or so. Be careful, the slightest contact with skin on the glued plastic will bond almost immediately. The upper "liner" is made of a rubber and plastic composite. The upper flange that rests on the castings can be polished. Jewelers rouge and a soft cotton buffing wheel will work well, but you must work slowly and lightly to avoid burning the rubber composite. Super glue is a very effective bonding agent on the composite material, too. If you get a "run" of glue as it dries, it can be cleaned up with 200+ grit wet-or-dry paper and lightly buffed by hand.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Fastone,

Those pockets are made of two different materials. The shiny bottom part, known as the "boot" is made of a flexible plastic that is very sensitive to super glue. If you find a crack in one of your boots, remove any debris, apply super-glue liberally enough so it doesn't run all over the place, accurately align the two sides of the crack and hold them together firmly for a minute or so. Be careful, the slightest contact with skin on the glued plastic will bond almost immediately. The upper "liner" is made of a rubber and plastic composite. The upper flange that rests on the castings can be polished. Jewelers rouge and a soft cotton buffing wheel will work well, but you must work slowly and lightly to avoid burning the rubber composite. Super glue is a very effective bonding agent on the composite material, too. If you get a "run" of glue as it dries, it can be cleaned up with 200+ grit wet-or-dry paper and lightly buffed by hand.

Thank you much for the clarity. I had assumed they were both made of the same material because both the top and the bottom have shiny sections.