Jackpot Cues

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
This turned into something much bigger than I thought it would in the beginning.

Deano...if ever I find myself in the country of Texas I will look you up for a game of one pocket.

Do these Zorro cues have a standard maple shaft? I feel like they are almost instant collectibles

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Edit: I have lost interest in this

I'd rather go play pool instead

Best of luck to all involved

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cue with a hollow backend and popping finish, no wonder you won't name names

You're dropping to insults so let me drop to facts.

These cues are a terrible value for the price. Filipino cues for $200 hold their finish for longer. Brand New Unchalked Jackpot had popping finish and terrible build quality. I'll ask my friend to post pics of his if you don't refund him today.

How stupid does it appear to actually put a guy's name in the branding of a dumpster cue? Now the word Jackpot on this forum refers to the Deano Dumpsters.

Why do you need to speak for your friend?

Can't he come here and talk for himself?

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel I must speak up on this! I have done about 15 cue deals with Dean over the years. All cues sight unseen. One I didn't like the colors and Dean took it back--no questions. All the other cues were great deals and I cherish them!! I compare prices and Dean's deals were all better than prices other sellers ask. BTW, all Dean's deals were done on credit and I still owe him some money. I recently had open heart surgery and Dean wanted me to suspend payments for awhile, while I get back on my feet. What a truly great guy!!

Here's one deal--though I could mention others. I saw a really loaded cue that I liked and Dean had commented on the thread about the cue. I was talking to Dean and asked about the cue--I thought he knew about it by his comment. He didn't know the cue or the seller. He asked why I didn't buy it if I liked it so much and I told him I couldn't afford it. About 2 weeks later the cue showed up at my door. I was shocked!! Dean said I could buy it from him, on credit and he charged $400 less than the seller was asking!! I really believe Dean took a loss on that sale and I could go on with other stories.

I know Dean did these JackPot cues for fun not for profit. He was hoping there would be many pool players who got a cue that they loved--and that's what happened! I believe he wanted his friend Jack to got involved in cuemaking again--if only as a supervisor, design consultant or whatever Jack did. I do not believe Dean has a deceitful bone in his body. And he's not worried about money--he likes being involved in the Pool world and he likes helping people. And--I can't stress this enough--Always money back if someone is not happy.

Thank-You Dean for all you do!!

KP

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I truly want to wrap up my involvement in this. I meant to point out a few details that I thought were deceitful and Dean did everything he could to make this situation worse for himself. Trying to schmooze it over, attempting to garner support through testimonials, making excuses. Doing everything he could do but the right thing.

I think Dean has disrespected every one of us and insulted our collective intelligence.

Well said. See what I just wrote on his new post in the Sales section - more spam BTW.

I wish I could give you more rep for this statement.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I feel I must speak up on this! I have done about 15 cue deals with Dean over the years. All cues sight unseen. One I didn't like the colors and Dean took it back--no questions. All the other cues were great deals and I cherish them!! I compare prices and Dean's deals were all better than prices other sellers ask. BTW, all Dean's deals were done on credit and I still owe him some money. I recently had open heart surgery and Dean wanted me to suspend payments for awhile, while I get back on my feet. What a truly great guy!!

Here's one deal--though I could mention others. I saw a really loaded cue that I liked and Dean had commented on the thread about the cue. I was talking to Dean and asked about the cue--I thought he knew about it by his comment. He didn't know the cue or the seller. He asked why I didn't buy it if I liked it so much and I told him I couldn't afford it. About 2 weeks later the cue showed up at my door. I was shocked!! Dean said I could buy it from him, on credit and he charged $400 less than the seller was asking!! I really believe Dean took a loss on that sale and I could go on with other stories.

I know Dean did these JackPot cues for fun not for profit. He was hoping there would be many pool players who got a cue that they loved--and that's what happened! I believe he wanted his friend Jack to got involved in cuemaking again--if only as a supervisor, design consultant or whatever Jack did. I do not believe Dean has a deceitful bone in his body. And he's not worried about money--he likes being involved in the Pool world and he likes helping people. And--I can't stress this enough--Always money back if someone is not happy.

Thank-You Dean for all you do!!

KP

His past dealing have no bearing on this. Jeff Forney had several positive transactions before the bait-n-switch.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Moved this here, where it belongs:

Thank you fellowws

I am going to admit something to you guys
I am very guilty of spamming in the main forum

I got diabetes and take glimeperide and something else that was almost the same

my head got funny,not that I don't get aggresive anyway

but i offended some people and rightly so,some decent people
some jerks

They are mad and getting out of line suggesting i am a crook

If this was done at the pool room it would be over by now

I talked to Tate ,heto explain and reconcile

When I asked him why he was attackingme for being a crook
he said he was just having fun,he knew I was a man of integrity
anyway I am open for business

Does anyone want my Balabushka

I am selling cheap

Dean
214 477 7323

PS those guys you mentioned were too expensive and busy to help me
, but later I will tell you my cue maker

I did not think it was unusual or that anyone would find it so

They did,although I think it was my reckless marketing that fueled the hatred

I am thinking about inviting everyone on here over for cool aid and brownies
and perhaps some high dollar one pocket

This is yet another spam post in a section in which it doesn't belong.
You'd be better off reading posts instead of writing them. Then, you may just figure out why people are irritated.

This belongs in the main forum.

Lastly, if the cue builders are such big names, then why are the cues so under finished? Did their current orders slide to accommodate your builds? For the record, I'm not saying one wouldn't enjoy one of these, or that they don't play well. Both very well may be true. However, facts remain; a so called big builder(s) let under finished cues out of their shop, paying orders for customs slid, you made a complete shill of a marketing campaign, and you continue to spam the board.

For those coming to Deans aid: his past sales and exploits have no bearing on this subject. Jeff Forney had several successful sales before the bait-n-switch.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you say the cue is under finished? Every review I've read said there were no imperfections--the finish is perfect.

KP

You'd be better off reading posts instead of writing them. Then, you may just figure out why people are irritated.

Lastly, if the cue builders are such big names, then why are the cues so under finished? Did their current orders slide to accommodate your builds? For the record, I'm not saying one wouldn't enjoy one of these, or that they don't play well. Both very well may be true. However, facts remain; a so called big builder(s) let under finished cues out of their shop, paying orders for customs slid, you made a complete shill of a marketing campaign, and you continue to spam the board.

For those coming to Deans aid: his past sales and exploits have no bearing on this subject. Jeff Forney had several successful sales before the bait-n-switch.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
You fail to understand 2 very important points

1. Dean has enough money that he is free from consequence.

2. AzBilliards is full of suckers when it comes to cue buying.

as to point # 1: Having money doesn't always protect one from getting a bad rep.

as to point # 2: This is not lost on me, at all ;)

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Documentation supporting the claim that quality is sub-par would go a long way.

So many pages....so few pictures. :rolleyes:

Hell, this whole thread could wind down with a mere two words. Dean, fill in the blanks: The Jackpot cues were actually made by ______ ______.

Why wait two days before revealing this information?

Maniac

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many pages....so few pictures. :rolleyes:

Hell, this whole thread could wind down with a mere two words. Dean, fill in the blanks: The Jackpot cues were actually made by ______ ______.

Why wait two days before revealing this information?

Maniac
Who knows? Is it that difficult to take the position that there is a good reason, and if you were the one making it, youd have the same reasoning/conclusion?

Its a couple days. Bonerus Ball lasted longer than that.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

For $500-$600 retail, no big named maker is going to touch the whole deal.
Please. I'm just talking reality.
Not even mid-tier makers .
There are a few midtech or factory makers out there.
Pechauer, Schmelke or maybe even Jacoby .

A local maker in the area, maybe.
But, for less than $500 to him ? Good shafts alone are $150-$200 each.
Finish work ? Add another $150-$200. Some charge double that . It's a lot of work.
Ebony front ? That's a $200 up charge.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A whole lotta huffin and puffin from a bunch of guys with no skin in the game.
Also, add in a heap of spitballing as to what the real story is.
Call me anything you want but as JoeyInCali explained, sounds like a good value for a custom cue.
Deanoc, can't wait to get mine.

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For $500-$600 retail, no big named maker is going to touch the whole deal.
Please. I'm just talking reality.
Not even mid-tier makers .
There are a few midtech or factory makers out there.
Pechauer, Schmelke or maybe even Jacoby .

A local maker in the area, maybe.
But, for less than $500 to him ? Good shafts alone are $150-$200 each.
Finish work ? Add another $150-$200. Some charge double that . It's a lot of work.
Ebony front ? That's a $200 up charge.

I know right? What’s even fishier time me is that I was offered one for $250

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

Comparing DEAN to forney is beyond absurd.

DEANS rep in the cue biz is, and will remain, EXCELLENT!!

DEAN has sold, bought and traded cues valued in seven digits since he ventured into the cue game as a HOBBY. Unlike others in the game he didn't rely on selling a cue to put food on his table which is one of the reasons he has the confidence of those that know him.

Last edited: