Niels Feijen's New Terminator College

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool.

Ive met and chatted with Niels a few times over the past (damn, thats a lotta) years and he has remained one of my favorite players. Very down-to-earth, driven and confident.

Thats what makes him a champ.

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
I'm a big Niels fan as well. Fun story, about 7 or 8 years or so ago I was in Vegas for the Mosconi Cup. One night on the way to dinner, I saw the entire European team in one of the atrium areas at the Venetian. They were all headed in separate directions, with Niels heading in mine. I asked him for a quick picture, and he immediately turned and yelled to the others "Hey Guys, this guy's here for the Mosconi Cup! Get over here for a picture!" He proceeded to run over and wrangle up the entire team and I got a great souvenir. Great guy.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, now I get to share my second favorite Niels story (my favorite is longer and will have to wait ;) )

In 2005 I had a disagreement with a friend about who was better, Niels or Mika. I liked Niels. We were both stubborn on this one so we settled it with a friendly side bet. We did a 'last longer' sweat bet between the two in every major tournament they played. $50 to whoever's horse made it further.

Well, it went totally my way. Niels finished above Mika in every tournament, just barely. Mika takes 9th? Niels would take 7th. Mika would take 7th? Niels would take 5th. It was an epic run for two years and at the end of which I'd collected about $400 with 8 straight wins. Niels didn't let me down once!

Finally my friend pulled up. He'd had enough. He still thought Mika played good but admitted that it was pretty close and he was tired of paying off bets.

Now, for those of you that don't know pool history I'll go ahead and share what happened next. The very tournament that my friend quit betting on was when Mika began the biggest tear of his life! For two years he won everything including back to back US Opens and a bunch of other big finishes in between. Money just can't buy the good feelings that came from me text messaging my friend with update after update as Mika ran the world over. "Looks like I gotta ship you some cash", followed by "Disregard, I forgot you pulled up". Stuff like that. Priceless. :)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
OK, now I get to share my second favorite Niels story (my favorite is longer and will have to wait ;) )

In 2005 I had a disagreement with a friend about who was better, Niels or Mika. I liked Niels. We were both stubborn on this one so we settled it with a friendly side bet. We did a 'last longer' sweat bet between the two in every major tournament they played. $50 to whoever's horse made it further.

Well, it went totally my way. Niels finished above Mika in every tournament, just barely. Mika takes 9th? Niels would take 7th. Mika would take 7th? Niels would take 5th. It was an epic run for two years and at the end of which I'd collected about $400 with 8 straight wins. Niels didn't let me down once!

Finally my friend pulled up. He'd had enough. He still thought Mika played good but admitted that it was pretty close and he was tired of paying off bets.

Now, for those of you that don't know pool history I'll go ahead and share what happened next. The very tournament that my friend quit betting on was when Mika began the biggest tear of his life! For two years he won everything including back to back US Opens and a bunch of other big finishes in between. Money just can't buy the good feelings that came from me text messaging my friend with update after update as Mika ran the world over. "Looks like I gotta ship you some cash", followed by "Disregard, I forgot you pulled up". Stuff like that. Priceless. :)

Like! :thumbup:

we do chase our tails sometimes. :embarrassed2:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm a big Niels fan as well. Fun story, about 7 or 8 years or so ago I was in Vegas for the Mosconi Cup. One night on the way to dinner, I saw the entire European team in one of the atrium areas at the Venetian. They were all headed in separate directions, with Niels heading in mine. I asked him for a quick picture, and he immediately turned and yelled to the others "Hey Guys, this guy's here for the Mosconi Cup! Get over here for a picture!" He proceeded to run over and wrangle up the entire team and I got a great souvenir. Great guy.

Right there, you made me smile....thanks.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guys, this looks really cool. I may spring for this. I've been staring at it for a few days. I'll start with the free goal setting course, then as long as the format seems my style I'll probably go for the mental game course.

My mental game is far from weak. I have some techniques that I use that are really strong. I really believe mental preparation is where games are won and lost a lot of the time. The actual competition is just two players coming together to compare their preparation. I'll let you know once I take the plunge.