How do I unregister?

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to set the facts straight since I am the author of post # 29 on the original thread

You are NOT the author of #29 on the ORIGINAL thread!! Posts from RickDick_POS, and my posts starting at #29 have been removed, so you're the NEW #29. I was not at all bothered by your comment. Your comment somewhat described me. I am a low-level player. No problem. You pointed out that fact, but not in a condescending way, as did RickDick_POS, who called me "lame."

The funny thing about calling me lame is that NOBODY understood the question. (I regret abbreviating the question in the title.) Last night, I wrote a lengthy post breaking down each and every line and word to explain the meaning of my question, but it did not show up. I don't know if there is a limit on the length of comments, or if I hit the wrong button, or what. I don't care to rewrite it, so let me just point out that words & phrases have meaning. "The skill of" is KEY. "Relatively" is vital to the question. The fact that I understand that " the OUTCOME of the break is important" was totally ignored. "Overrated" does not imply it is of NO consequence.

Anyway, it didn't take long to find out that I have no place on this forum. This forum is NOT for low-level players, no matter what the mods & administrators try to say about it..

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are NOT the author of #29 on the ORIGINAL thread!! Posts from RickDick_POS, and my posts starting at #29 have been removed, so you're the NEW #29. I was not at all bothered by your comment. Your comment somewhat described me. I am a low-level player. No problem. You pointed out that fact, but not in a condescending way, as did RickDick_POS, who called me "lame."

The funny thing about calling me lame is that NOBODY understood the question. (I regret abbreviating the question in the title.) Last night, I wrote a lengthy post breaking down each and every line and word to explain the meaning of my question, but it did not show up. I don't know if there is a limit on the length of comments, or if I hit the wrong button, or what. I don't care to rewrite it, so let me just point out that words & phrases have meaning. "The skill of" is KEY. "Relatively" is vital to the question. The fact that I understand that " the OUTCOME of the break is important" was totally ignored.

Anyway, it didn't take long to find out that I have no place on this forum. This forum is NOT for low-level players, no matter what the mods & administrators try to say about it..

man up ... dont get so triggered, just stand ur ground and defend your opinions lol

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

The funny thing about calling me lame is that NOBODY understood the question. (I regret abbreviating the question in the title.) Last night, I wrote a lengthy post breaking down each and every line and word to explain the meaning of my question, but it did not show up. I don't know if there is a limit on the length of comments, or if I hit the wrong button, or what. I don't care to rewrite it, so let me just point out that words & phrases have meaning. "The skill of" is KEY. "Relatively" is vital to the question. The fact that I understand that " the OUTCOME of the break is important" was totally ignored.

Sorry you feel that way. It's not really true, though. Some of the most active players on here may be higher level players, but there are tons of lower level players that participate.

I'll never understand why some people feel the need to smack down anyone asking reasonable questions? It's not unique for this site though. What is unique for this site is the freedom to post almost anything. You'll never know how important that is until you go to other forums and realize that discussions die very quickly, if not disappear completely, because of overzealous censorship. I guess you can always find a site like that, if that's what you want.

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
man up ... dont get so triggered, just stand ur ground and defend your opinions lol
I know what you mean, but you have no idea what's been dished out to me throughout my life. Life has taught me to despise society as a whole. I've become more and more reclusive throughout my life. I reach my hand out, and I get kicked in the teeth. Over and over.

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The funny thing about calling me lame is that NOBODY understood the question. (I regret abbreviating the question in the title.) Last night, I wrote a lengthy post breaking down each and every line and word to explain the meaning of my question, but it did not show up. I don't know if there is a limit on the length of comments, or if I hit the wrong button, or what. I don't care to rewrite it, so let me just point out that words & phrases have meaning. "The skill of" is KEY. "Relatively" is vital to the question. The fact that I understand that " the OUTCOME of the break is important" was totally ignored. "Overrated" does not imply it is of NO consequence.

You asked about unregistering at 2:05 am. Was there any alcohol involved there?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I know what you mean, but you have know idea what's been dished out to me throughout my life. Life has taught me to despise society as a whole. I've become more and more reclusive throughout my life. I reach my hand out, and I get kicked in the teeth. Over and over.

Stick around - I think you'll fit in fine. Some of the posts were reported and action taken. I too suffered from bouts of maniacal rage back when I used to give a damn.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I know what you mean, but you have know idea what's been dished out to me throughout my life. Life has taught me to despise society as a whole. I've become more and more reclusive throughout my life. I reach my hand out, and I get kicked in the teeth. Over and over.

Welcome to America

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll never understand why some people feel the need to smack down anyone asking reasonable questions? It's not unique for this site though. What is unique for this site is the freedom to post almost anything. You'll never know how important that is until you go to other forums and realize that discussions die very quickly, if not disappear completely, because of overzealous censorship. I guess you can always find a site like that, if that's what you want.
I'm active in political discussions across the web, where debates are the purpose, and arguments are common, and I handle situations quite well. Here, though, I was expecting a sense comradery.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm active in political discussions across the web, where debates are the purpose, and arguments are common, and I handle situations quite well. Here, though, I was expecting a sense comradery.
You'll do fine here. I've had my ass handed to me a time or two here also. Stick around!

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In one of my now deleted posts, I made a disparaging remark to RickDick_POS and "a %*^!* forum that puts up with [garbage] like you."

I'm now finding out that he has been penalized. That is encouraging.

Thank you AZBilliards! Sorry I disparaged you.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it matters any at this point, I think the break only matters if you are A speed or above. Anything below that, and both players will usually have several turns each at the table due to misses.

I used to gamble with one guy who was better than me. I think we played where I'd get the 8 ball. (This was 20 years ago). The game was pretty fair. One day I said to him I'll give you all the breaks and ball in hand after the break (even if no ball was made), and you give me the 6 in return. He jumped at the game. I beat him very easily. He was maybe a low B player, and I was a high C player.

All that said, even if a player can't make 2 balls in a row, the break is still fun, and everyone wants to break. It just won't matter one bit to the outcome of the game.

All of the above also applies to racking. If you are a runout player, it might make a difference. If you and your opponent each miss 2 or 3 times per game (or more), it will make zero difference.

Stick around. Its a good game and a good group.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No: "Welcome to Mankind." - But anyway, I never received my "Mankind Membership Card", hence the chimp named Dogg.

Anger turned to humour. That is heartening. Just grow some thicker skin and you’ll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to set the facts straight since I am the author of post # 29 on the original thread,
I never wrote nor implied anything akin to being lame. Go back and read my orig. post.

What I stated rather plainly was that most players that downplay (actually wrote poo poo)
the importance of the break shot have two key characteristics. They don’t have much of a
break shot so to speak of and besides, they don’t have the game to run the table afterward.

I offered the analogy of the longer hitter in golf versus the shorter hitter who thinks length
isn’t that important. Yeah, sure, the days of Corey Pavin on the PGA tour are long gone.
Pro golf has become a power hitter’s game and to deny that is just being argumentative.

I don’t what set the guy off but if it was me, he doesn’t have much spine IMO. I didn’t even
come in spikes up on my slide of a post. Nope, never laid a glove on him or he’d be griping.
The truth is bitter to swallow; any player worth a tinkers damn knows the break sets the table.

You're the new #29, the old #29 post got removed apparently, a guy named Slick Rick something, I really can't remember his name because he didn't matter anyway, I didn't like the guy so that's good news to me. Well done.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
let the guy go
its over
i havent read any of the responses
why does he respond if he wants to go
just askin???

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be forthright about my break. I can run a rack in any game of 8, 9, 10 ball or 14.1.
I could do it more often if I possessed a sledgehammer break like some of my pool pals.

The break is so important and mine sucks. My cue ball speed is less than 19 mph. I stopped
carrying my break cue and just use any house cue nowadays. Yup, my break is not a weapon.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In one of my now deleted posts, I made a disparaging remark to RickDick_POS and "a %*^!* forum that puts up with [garbage] like you."

I'm now finding out that he has been penalized. That is encouraging.

Thank you AZBilliards! Sorry I disparaged you.

So you are now sorry only because there was a consequence to the other guy? You said a lot worse, lol (and I don't care either way about whatever you guys want to say to each other, but cheap shot at the site you sure weren't backing down on). Then started a thread about the whole thing and how you are out of here but yet you keep coming back in. I don't get it but I'm here mostly to read cool stories and learn about pool, not to mix it up, so to speak. Too many good mixer uppers on here!

My $.01 ---- end the drama and simply indicate whether you are out (and stay out) or in (and move on and get about enjoying the place).