CJ and Steve 9ball 1991

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
A good sampling of the very fine play of CJ, who would rise to the number one ranking on the PBT (Professional Billiards Tour) by the mid-1990's. Thanks for sharing.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting, these are the type of matches I love to watch, and I don't fast forward anything from these because there is so much valuable information coming from Buddy Hall and Billy Incardona.

Unlike the new pool matches where I fast-forward all the time :D not to mention the new players are so slow and boring to watch.

But these two are powerful players, with really nice pace at the table, very enjoyable to watch!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw CJ play a few times in that time period. His hi gear was really high. Seemed like the more they bet the better he played. Wish he chimed in here still but i don't blame him for bailing.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw CJ play a few times in that time period. His hi gear was really high. Seemed like the more they bet the better he played. Wish he chimed in here still but i don't blame him for bailing.

He is a good guy and fun to play with. He doesn't "play around". He is serious on every shot and you can learn some stuff by watching him play.

The very first game I ever played with CJ, I was breaking and made a ball or two on the break and then ran down to the 9 and left myself with a table length shot that was just a bit off of straight in and the cue ball was near the side rail on the other end.

I hit the 9 with some speed and it hit dead center of the pocket and made a loud "pop".

CJ said, "I bet you like to torture people".

He can still play at a pretty high gear when he gets in a groove.

He beat Rodney Morris in a mini-tourney the last time he came over.

I have his cue that he won the Million Dollar Challenge Tournament with. That is the tournament that Earl ran the 11 racks for the million dollars on the first day. CJ beat him in the finals.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
love to hear Buddy he can always put a smile on your face.

thanks for sharing

Buddy said about CJ: "He's got the nerve of a high diver."

During the post game interview with CJ. Buddy said: "You beat a water moccasin".

Loved the commentary and what a great match!

Thanks TCC for posting. :cool:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting, these are the type of matches I love to watch, and I don't fast forward anything from these because there is so much valuable information coming from Buddy Hall and Billy Incardona.

Unlike the new pool matches where I fast-forward all the time :D not to mention the new players are so slow and boring to watch.

But these two are powerful players, with really nice pace at the table, very enjoyable to watch!

If you haven't seen it already.... the 3 day match with Filler and DD, ten ball, is well
worth watching. Young "killer Filler" plays like Earl in his prime... turn the sound off
and watch some Stellar play! Day 2 and 3 are especially fun to watch.

td

P.s. I love to watch those old matches too, especially with the great commentating!!
Thanks OP for sharing this link.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy said about CJ: "He's got the nerve of a high diver."

During the post game interview with CJ. Buddy said: "You beat a water moccasin".

Loved the commentary and what a great match!

Thanks TCC for posting. :cool:

Hope you are feeling better KC!

td

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this video! CJ played close to flawless in the match. Mizerak gave all of us a lesson in the mental game of pool: Disregard your errors and the score at all times DURING a match- and get yourself back on track with known fundamentals and your game will surface to its highest point - he was calm and confident as he almost overcame a huge deficit.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this.

One of my favourite players to watch. I no longer watch pro pool and this video reinforces my reason why.

I’ve also learned somegood tips from CJ’s ‘right to the point’ 3 minute lessons.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Wow! Many thanks for a thrillah!

Tongue firmly in check, I'd like to add that I'm mystified how these guys could play so well without limited deflection carbon fiber shafts and template racking.