CTE PRO One

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
scott i deleted this post since i may have misunderstood based on others comments
i apologize to you
larry

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
scott
you should be ashamed of yourself
you cant teach it...cte pro 1
the guy asked for pro 1
so be a man and admit it
jmho
icbw

i'm in the Tampa Bay area, and I can teach you CTE aiming. It's not Pro One, but it is center-to-edge aiming, and an easy system to learn. :D PM me hear with a way to contact you by phone.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
773-551-7473
Looks to me like Scott "admitted" it upfront.

pj
chgo

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what's the diff between cte and cte pro-one?

Scott’s version is center to edge as in a fractional system. So center to edge is a half ball hit. Center to halfway between edge and center is a quarter ball hit, etc...and adjust from there. There are also diagrams and which shot angles correspond to which fractional hit.

It’s good to learn especially if you want to get poolology and learn how to accurately judge fractional aiming points required for various shots.

It’s useful but it isn’t the same as what Stan teaches.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
scott’s version is center to edge as in a fractional system. So center to edge is a half ball hit. Center to halfway between edge and center is a quarter ball hit, etc...and adjust from there. There are also diagrams and which shot angles correspond to which fractional hit.

It’s good to learn especially if you want to get poolology and learn how to accurately judge fractional aiming points required for various shots.

It’s useful but it isn’t the same as what stan teaches.

thanks!!!!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
what's the diff between cte and cte pro-one?

CTE is Hal Houles system that uses a 15°, 30°, and 45° perception with a manual pivot. CTE Pro1 is Stan Shuffett's advanced version of CTE, where you "sweep" the cue into the shot line instead of using a manual pivot.

From what I read, Scott is saying he can teach CTE, not Pro1, which means he can teach CTE with manual pivoting instead of experienced sweeping.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is Hal Houles system that uses a 15°, 30°, and 45° perception with a manual pivot. CTE Pro1 is Stan Shuffett's advanced version of CTE, where you "sweep" the cue into the shot line instead of using a manual pivot.

From what I read, Scott is saying he can teach CTE, not Pro1, which means he can teach CTE with manual pivoting instead of experienced sweeping.

There is no pivoting in Scott’s system.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
There is no pivoting in Scott’s system.

Oh. I thought he was talking about teaching CTE, not his system. If his system is fractions, why did he call it CTE? How about some clarification Scott.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh. I thought he was talking about teaching CTE, not his system. If his system is fractions, why did he call it CTE? How about some clarification Scott.
Please take this discussion (of the details) to the sub-forum where it belongs.

Thanks.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I teach SAM (CTE) is with NO pivot...IMO it's unnecessary!

Scott Lee

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I teach SAM (CTE) is with NO pivot...IMO it's unnecessary!

Scott Lee

Just for the record:
SAM is a 100% bonafide fractional system. SAM has nothing to do with Hal Houle’s CENTER TO EDGE. SAM, like any other fractional system has a half ball alignment reference.
Just as Bob Jewett once indicated in this forum, it is extremely misleading to tout SAM as CTE. Just because there is a center-to-edge line within the context of a fractional system it does not make it even a distance cousin to CTE. It’s apples and oranges.

My forthcoming book and website will list CTE PRO ONE endorsed instructors for the state of Florida.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
SAM has nothing to do with Hal Houle’s CENTER TO EDGE.
Nothing? Hmm...

SAM, like any other fractional system has a half ball alignment reference.
And a 1/4 ball and a 3/4 ball and a 1/8 ball reference. The same references as the A, B, C and 1/8 "aim points" for CTE - "fractions" are just used in a more straightforward, transparent, easily understood way.

pj
chgo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing? Hmm...

And a 1/4 ball and a 3/4 ball and a 1/8 ball reference. The same references as the A, B, C and 1/8 "aim points" for CTE - "fractions" are just used in a more straightforward, transparent, easily understood way.

pj
chgo

You read it correctly. Nothing. Fractional Aiming has zip to do with Center-to-Edge.
In fractions, a player aims with CCB. In CTE the player aims with cue ball edges and sights with CCB.
I could go on and on. In fractional aiming, a player uses their strongest line line of sight behind the center of the cue ball. CTE entails a very specifically defined presentation of offsetting away from CCB with one’s vision as a whole.

Also, the 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 alignments for fractions do not even remotely yield similar OB track lines when compared to the 15 30 and 45 for CTE. The 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 references as being integral to CTE is nothing more than a product of ignorance

There’s no debate from me that fractions, GB and CPs can be understood more quickly. I can teach them all very thoroughly in a very short session but the problem with those methods of aiming is that they do not resolve CCB and I will give you a huge credit. YOU know what I am speaking of.

Bottom line: CTE does resolve a CCB that can be known and described. So, if it takes a little longer to nail down down a professional aiming system, then I see that as what MANY are seeking. My free TRUTH SERIES and CTE book will be changing things. Sorry!

I intend to be outta here. Excuse me, Bob and others. I have no intentions of contaminating this very good forum.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My forthcoming book and website will list CTE PRO ONE endorsed instructors for the state of Florida.

Stan Shuffett

How is it remotely possible after 3 years of talking about your book coming out that you don't even have an estimated completion date? Obviously you don't have a real publisher or else deadlines would have been set.

Your supporters are also implying that you have some mysterious $5000 challenge. Is this challenge only for facebook friends to know about?

Just curious. I don't really expect a reply but a lot of your supporters have been waiting patiently for YEARS and are too polite to ask "What the %^&&*?" so I'm doing it for them.

Oh, invoking Bob Jewett's name (SAM vs CTE) in a sideways attempt to make it look like he somehow endorses your product when you know he won't respond is low class.

Sorry, Bob. I won't post again in this thread.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

Can anyone explain where the center of the tip is aiming just before the manual pivot or just before the visual sweep? Thanks