Mechanics Forum Moderator?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What do any of you Mechanics think about a Mechanics Forum Moderator? Has there ever been one? I never have seen one that was assigned to it. It sure would help with 99% of the unwanted postings and to moderate any outbursts of fighting.

The forum fights have pretty much slowed to a halt. Which is great! The only issues in the last year or so have been from people who have no business posting in the first place.

Or the forum description could be changed to a completely open format? I think a DIY forum is a better idea.

I have seen lists of rules for the other sections on AZB. Would be nice to have a set of rules and an Admin. IMO!!

I know I have had my share of stupid fighting on here. I saw my ways and stopped. I don't cuss, threaten or post un true posts. If I am wrong about a topic I admit it and move on.

Just some thoughts for other mechanics about our lil section of AZB.

Trent from Toledo

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Obviously, a moderator here would be a good idea. Whoever took that job though, would not just have to know their stuff. They would have to be level headed and able to moderate with neutrality. I have seen some users here who know a ton about working on tables, but their level of tact is definitely lacking.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Obviously, a moderator here would be a good idea. Whoever took that job though, would not just have to know their stuff. They would have to be level headed and able to moderate with neutrality. I have seen some users here who know a ton about working on tables, but their level of tact is definitely lacking.

I suggest you make a post and ask for volunteers? A moderator does not need to be a mechanic, just someone who has common sense and can be fair. A set of rules and moderator would stop all this stuff from ever happening.

Trent from Toledo

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will never happen. It’s like trying to change the culture in Vietnam. Trent, you might not believe this or certainly won’t like it but, you are the second biggest offender.

Ban me but I am just telling the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not going to lose any sleep over a difference in opinion. The fact is that this forum is for mechanics and not for people to post their inexperienced opinions or to heckle the mechanics who participate this forum. Trolling by people who should not be putting in their $0.02 should not be accepted nor egged on.

99% of people who post here get that. I know I have been involved in some "battling" with a certain other mechanic who is banned. I have also been banned. I realized I was not helping and vowed to keep on the good side of things. I do not think all of the current stuff is legit and I defended the mechanics forum because I love it.

I contribute to the site and follow the rules basic rules: no cussing at someone, no threats and no lies. Pretty easy to follow. Calling someone out for bull$h17 is fair in my book.

I worked VERY hard to get my name on the list of mechanics that is at the top of the forum. This place is home to me.

A set of rules for the sub forum and an active moderator just like most of the other sub forums have are needed.

Trent from Toledo

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its the attitude. You don’t have to call anyone out. You don’t even have to respond.

Trolling is what 99% of the members do on ANY forum or site. Just calling them trolls is an insult. For without them (some actually contribute financially) these sites would not exist. You are neither the moderator or the mechanics to the gods. You are just another member. A forum by definition is a contribution by many, many individuals.

Ever hear the term that if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything?

This is not the only forum I am a member of. I am a member of a pinball forum, a computer forum, a slot machine forum and a model train forum. Never have a ran across anything like what happens here. It is the general attitude and arrogance that has infected AZ.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Its the attitude. You don’t have to call anyone out. You don’t even have to respond.

Trolling is what 99% of the members do on ANY forum or site. Just calling them trolls is an insult. For without them (some actually contribute financially) these sites would not exist. You are neither the moderator or the mechanics to the gods. You are just another member. A forum by definition is a contribution by many, many individuals.

Ever hear the term that if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything?

This is not the only forum I am a member of. I am a member of a pinball forum, a computer forum, a slot machine forum and a model train forum. Never have a ran across anything like what happens here. It is the general attitude and arrogance that has infected AZ.

Again, we see it differently. If someone is posting false information we do have the right to say something and that is it. You either are a mechanic and know what you are doing, or you dont.

Help me understand this very simple sentence:

"This area is for questions for and conversation between table mechanics"

That is the basis for the sub forum. The main forum is non specific and for posting what ever you may want.

Funny you mention contributor $$$ I am a Gold Member are you??

Mike will sort it out.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. The reputation system built into the site works:
00E0E_3Z6A9xtBEiN_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not going to lose any sleep over a difference in opinion. The fact is that this forum is for mechanics and not for people to post their inexperienced opinions or to heckle the mechanics who participate this forum. Trolling by people who should not be putting in their $0.02 should not be accepted nor egged on.

99% of people who post here get that. I know I have been involved in some "battling" with a certain other mechanic who is banned. I have also been banned. I realized I was not helping and vowed to keep on the good side of things. I do not think all of the current stuff is legit and I defended the mechanics forum because I love it.

I contribute to the site and follow the rules basic rules: no cussing at someone, no threats and no lies. Pretty easy to follow. Calling someone out for bull$h17 is fair in my book.

I worked VERY hard to get my name on the list of mechanics that is at the top of the forum. This place is home to me.

A set of rules for the sub forum and an active moderator just like most of the other sub forums have are needed.

Trent from Toledo

I am not a mechanic, although I appreciate the questions you have answered of mine since I have been here Trent, always been a pleasure talking with you. I don't frequent that section as much as the rest, although I have seen some threads on par with NPR and the aiming section.
Whoever decided to pick up the task of being a moderator, good luck :)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am not a mechanic, although I appreciate the questions you have answered of mine since I have been here Trent, always been a pleasure talking with you. I don't frequent that section as much as the rest, although I have seen some threads on par with NPR and the aiming section.
Whoever decided to pick up the task of being a moderator, good luck :)

Thanks!!! I try not to get into the crap, but, I love this place and defend it when necessary!!!

Trent from Toledo

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, we see it differently. If someone is posting false information we do have the right to say something and that is it. You either are a mechanic and know what you are doing, or you dont.

That is the basis for the sub forum. The main forum is non specific and for posting what ever you may want.

Funny you mention contributor $$$ I am a Gold Member are you??

Mike will sort it out.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. The reputation system built into the site works:
00E0E_3Z6A9xtBEiN_1200x900.jpg

The answer to your question is....a question....what qualifies you or anyone as a “mechanic”. Is it a certificate from DeVry? Is there a qualification of sorts? Do you say have to be able to identify all the parts and pieces on a GCI-VI? Understand how to level a table? Understanding pocket angles?

What exactly is the qualification?

Let me answer those questions for you. You must first go through the barrage of humiliation or intended humiliation of this forum before you are respected. Then post countless pictures and descriptions to qualify only to get told that was all explained back in 2012.

You see Trent, it’s not for you to judge or decide who gets to contribute. Every member can learn some thing and contribute in their own way for the greater good of the forum.

Glenn was once a hack and so were you. Just because you learned along the way does not give you the right to battle people who are also trying to learn.

That’s not an opinion. That’s a fact of normal human life.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's simple really when you think about it. It's against forum rules to come back on AZ once you've been banned....under a NEW screen name, period. So, why is boxcar, thinslice, and slatemate still posting, those people have all been banned....and come back on under NEW screen names, so....why were they banned in the first place? Because they're trolls, and coming back on against forum rules just to be trolls again....IS the problem!!! They don't belong here period!! Not in MY opinion!!!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh Glen, get over yourself. It’s not in your best interest or the interest of the forum.

Ban him ban this van that. Stop the chest pumping and get a hobby if you must. This is so so old.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's simple really when you think about it. It's against forum rules to come back on AZ once you've been banned....under a NEW screen name, period. So, why is boxcar, thinslice, and slatemate still posting, those people have all been banned....and come back on under NEW screen names, so....why were they banned in the first place? Because they're trolls, and coming back on against forum rules just to be trolls again....IS the problem!!! They don't belong here period!! Not in MY opinion!!!

I have never been banned from this website. You are a liar.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh Glen, get over yourself. It’s not in your best interest or the interest of the forum.

Ban him ban this van that. Stop the chest pumping and get a hobby if you must. This is so so old.

I don't care what you think, unlike you...I have a life!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The answer to your question is....a question....what qualifies you or anyone as a “mechanic”. Is it a certificate from DeVry? Is there a qualification of sorts? Do you say have to be able to identify all the parts and pieces on a GCI-VI? Understand how to level a table? Understanding pocket angles?

What exactly is the qualification?

Let me answer those questions for you. You must first go through the barrage of humiliation or intended humiliation of this forum before you are respected. Then post countless pictures and descriptions to qualify only to get told that was all explained back in 2012.

You see Trent, it’s not for you to judge or decide who gets to contribute. Every member can learn some thing and contribute in their own way for the greater good of the forum.

Glenn was once a hack and so were you. Just because you learned along the way does not give you the right to battle people who are also trying to learn.

That’s not an opinion. That’s a fact of normal human life.

Try to twist it anyway you can. This is the core of it all that you are ignoring:

That is the description of the forum. No other points are valid until that changes.

Trent from Toledo

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try to twist it anyway you can. This is the core of it all that you are ignoring:

That is the description of the forum. No other points are valid until that changes.

Trent from Toledo

And the qualification is?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
And the qualification is?

From the Pool Table Mechanics Directory:

THIS THREAD IS A POOL TABLE MECHANICS AND INSTALLERS DIRECTORY
that includes some of the top people in the business throughout the USA.

General pool table services include setups, moves, cloth recovering,
cushion replacement, leveling and adjustments for fit and finish. Some mechanics
also provide advanced services such as tightening pockets and rail calibration.

Being listed in this directory is not an endorsement, certification or recommendation.
This is a resource list by state provided only to assist you in locating or selecting a mechanic
in your area for the table service you require. Reviewing a mechanics forum posts, references
and pics as well as personal contact to inquire about experience and business credentials is
strongly suggested.

Experienced independent pool table mechanics/installers & pool table stores that wish to be
added to this directory should PM me to include your name, telephone and area you service.
You must be a forum member AND provide a link to your web page or blog that shows pictures
of your work (before/after preferred). Providing additional information such as references,
service area, individual/company bio, etc on your blog or web page is highly recommended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTORY LEGEND
(AZB User Name)
(References & Pictures) = Link to additional information.

Traveling Mechanics in the U.S. - Call for availability
(realkingcobra) Glen Hancock (Based in Washington) 702-927-5689
(cuephoric) Shane (Based in Texas) 406-224-5322
(a-1 billiards) Jay Spielberg (New England States) 603-765-6160
(club billiards) Josh Ebert (Based in Ohio) 937-609-2049
(reverend) Zach Jonas (Based in Arizona) 480-720-8033
(trentfromtoledo) Trent McRitchie (Based in Ohio) 419-491-7476

Arizona
(reverend) Zach Jonas 480-720-8033 (References & Pictures)

California
(sdbilliards) SD's Billiard Service - Donny 714-943-7137 (References & Pictures)

Colorado

DC
(chrisshanklin) Chesapeake Billiards 443-564-8922 (References & Pictures)

Delaware

Georgia
(perfectpocketz) Mark Gregory 770-548-4292 (References & Pictures)

Illinois
(dontlitethat) Quad Cities - Rob 563-676-7627 (References & Pictures)

Indiana
(jzmechanix) Jack Zimmerman 812-756-2899 (References & Pictures)
(club billiards) Josh Ebert 937-609-2049 (References & Pictures)
(trentfromtoledo) Trent McRitchie 419-491-7476 (References & Pictures)

Iowa
(dontlitethat) Quad Cities - Rob 563-676-7627 (References & Pictures)

Kansas

Kentucky
(club billiards) Josh Ebert 937-609-2049 (References & Pictures)

Maryland

Michigan

Nebraska

New Mexico

Nevada

New Jersey
(pooltable911) Pat O'Donnell 609-709-2842 (References & Pictures)

New York

North Carolina
(thetablepro) Mooresville, Charlotte, W.Carolinas - Robin Pigg 704-881-3478 (References & Pictures)

Ohio
(club billiards) Dayton - Josh Ebert 937-609-2049 (References & Pictures)

Oklahoma

Pennsylvania

Texas

Utah

Virginia
(mechanic/player) Central Virginia - Bob Hill 434-906-5024 (References & Pictures)

West Virginia

Wyoming