* lifetime cue *

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Let me start by saying that I have owned close to 100 cues over my 30 plus years of playing pool. Some cues better than others but I have tried a lot of different cues.

On Wednesday of this week I have finally settled on what I feel will be my Lifetime Cue. I have ordered this cue from a custom cue maker and should have it in what I feel is a reasonable wait time. A lifetime cue to me should have the exact look, feel and playability that I desire.

For 21 years I have attended the Super Billiards Expo always in search of my lifetime cue. In a couple of those years and looking at thousands of different cues I was still yet to find that perfect cue. There were times when I thought I had found it but then I either didn't have enough money or wasn't able to justify the asking price of the cue.

I have ordered about a dozen custom cues over the years from a handful of different makers and have still not been totally satisfied. I have had a lot of great cues don't get me wrong but just not the total package.

With this next cue I am 100% sure I will be done buying, trying, trading and selling cues. I hope to remain patient during this build time although I am super anxious to receive this cue. I will disclose the makers name in the near future and obviously post pictures once I receive the cue.

Lastly I would like to know how many players have there own Lifetime Cue and would like to add their pictures to this thread.

Thanks for reading and also posting your lifetime cue and or pictures.

Kevin

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thanks for the chuckle...I mean, you've yet to hit a ball with this cue, yet you're sure it will be your "lifetime" cue? Hmmmm.

I can say that my Josey has been my player for 12 years...with no plans of buying another cue.

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    DSCN0232.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,139

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me start by saying that I have owned close to 100 cues over my 30 plus years of playing pool. Some cues better than others but I have tried a lot of different cues.

On Wednesday of this week I have finally settled on what I feel will be my Lifetime Cue. I have ordered this cue from a custom cue maker and should have it in what I feel is a reasonable wait time. A lifetime cue to me should have the exact look, feel and playability that I desire.

For 21 years I have attended the Super Billiards Expo always in search of my lifetime cue. In a couple of those years and looking at thousands of different cues I was still yet to find that perfect cue. There were times when I thought I had found it but then I either didn't have enough money or wasn't able to justify the asking price of the cue.

I have ordered about a dozen custom cues over the years from a handful of different makers and have still not been totally satisfied. I have had a lot of great cues don't get me wrong but just not the total package.

With this next cue I am 100% sure I will be done buying, trying, trading and selling cues. I hope to remain patient during this build time although I am super anxious to receive this cue. I will disclose the makers name in the near future and obviously post pictures once I receive the cue.

Lastly I would like to know how many players have there own Lifetime Cue and would like to add their pictures to this thread.

Thanks for reading and also posting your lifetime cue and or pictures.

Kevin

A lifetime cue you’ve never shot with? A+ for enthusiasm

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I've had a couple "lifetime" cues. The first is a 1977 Szamboti.

I wish I had more lifetimes to enjoy them all.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I think I'd rather spend a lifetime enjoying them all....LOL

:thumbup::thumbup:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
This thread is raining green!

Agree the OP seems a little premature. Shouldn't someone whose owned 100 cues know better than to start counting chickens before the eggs have hatched? (Not doubting the 100 cues, just my logic at work..). Unless, there's specific details about this cue, and special insight, that hasn't been shared?

To the OP: Just curious, by your standards, how is your game right now?

I will say, you got my attention... Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have well over one hundred cues and the cue I play with is a

J&J sneaky pete butt and a shaft I made myself.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a guy who just found out his
wife is reading this forum:)

Lolololol :eek:

My wife created an account on here....lol. I had no idea. It didn't Matter, still doesn't. She was just curious at what held my attention for so long, so often.

Now she knows....:thumbup:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mine I think. I haven't looked at new cues since I got it. It's funny because I kinda sorta stumbled into the exact cue.

I ordered a custom Runde back in 2015. Simple 4 point cue, no inlays, stitch rings, linen wrap. Ordered it with double green veneers which I always wanted. Love the cue, still have it, plays amazing. But that's not my lifetime cue....my lifetime cue I found a few years later at the start of 2018. It's also a 2015 Runde with the exact same colors as mine. Same ebony into birdseye, same natural/green/green/natural/black veneers. This one had notched diamond inlays and veneered boxes in the butt sleeve though and a leather wrap. It was like a higher end version of my original Runde. You don't see too many green veneered cues....my theory is when I ordered mine he built two forearms with that veneer setup at the same time and I ended up with one and the second was made into this cue.

And that has become my favorite cue and what I think is my lifetime cue. I will keep both of them as I love them both, but the fancier one is just my ideal concept of a classic cue. I didn't order it like that originally because I didn't want to commit to spending that match at the time. I kind of can't believe my luck in finding it a couple years later and being able to acquire it for a fair price. I really haven't used another cue since I got it. I keep my original Runde in my case as backup.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

I thought I found my lifetime cue at least 20 times... and always find better hitting one :)

Currently Lambros

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I find a cue I like, play with it for awhile, and then want another. I've wanted a bluegrass for 20 years, got one this year. Love the cue, and plan to keep it. Have a josey on order, and a joey in the case. Don't plan on selling either the bluegrass or joey.

At this point I'm not as interested in buying and selling cues, happy to just have some to play with.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% ?. I think you are setting an impossibly high bar for this cue.
I have also ordered many cues. I thought the searing would be it but then i ordered a tucker that i could take some places i didnt want to take the searing. The tucker became my player even as i added other far more expensive customs. I also have a 70s joss with a searing shaft that has the classic look and plays great one pocket. So i have multiple lifetime cues. I dont think there is one perfect cue, but it has been fun trying.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lolololol :eek:

My wife created an account on here....lol. I had no idea. It didn't Matter, still doesn't. She was just curious at what held my attention for so long, so often.

Now she knows....:thumbup:

My wife looked at it a few years ago.
Called me a nerd and laughed at me.

I get no respect I tell ya, no respect.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried to settle on just one cue. I really have but I can't.
All of my playing cues have basically the same specs & tips.
Switching cues is a seamless transition and so it comes down
to what strikes my fancy that day. And it's enjoyable to switch
back and forth. Now if I owned a Hercek with my preferred specs,
I don't think I'd be writing this post and instead be posting photos.

Matt B.