Efren Reyes vs Earl Strickland 1988 Tara Open 9 ball

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I noticed Efren had a different stroke in the past, more down on the cue, different stance.. Today even before he hits the cueball he starts raising up his body back then he had much less body movement.

I noticed this too. Should you tell him or should I?

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed Efren had a different stroke in the past, more down on the cue, different stance.. Today even before he hits the cueball he starts raising up his. body back then he had much less body movement.

I noticed this as well.He looked even better back then:smile:

Thanks for sharing

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Late in the match Efren gets thin on a 6 ball i think, he overcuts it and Earl says "I can't believe this guy missed a ball." I love that one. Seeing it all in context now, semis and finals, I realize what he was talking about. That was like the one ball Efren misses. Then after that miss by Efren Earl proceeds to make a giant mess of that hanger pattern. Gosh I can't believe he didn't punch over enough there, but he won, that's all that counts.

Btw, I miss this slow cloth. In many ways i'll say maybe it more conducive to good pool because you rarely have to roll anything.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like the video suggestions in the right are not correctly sorted. For example you are watching the first video of the final and instead suggesting the second part, youtube suggests a video of the semifinal. Somebody can help? Looks like the tag are correct...
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tZy4EjBd7w&feature=related
watch the right part and you'll see youtube suggesting the fourth part of the semifinal, also without the "SEMIFINAL" in the title. Before i uploaded the final i had the semifinal match without the "SEMIFINAL" in the title, but then i added it. Is possible youtube need sometime to update the titles and the order?
If i link the third part youtube suggests correctly but if you watch them (1->2->3->4) in order the suggestions are wrong..

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late in the match Efren gets thin on a 6 ball i think, he overcuts it and Earl says "I can't believe this guy missed a ball." I love that one. Seeing it all in context now, semis and finals, I realize what he was talking about. That was like the one ball Efren misses. Then after that miss by Efren Earl proceeds to make a giant mess of that hanger pattern. Gosh I can't believe he didn't punch over enough there, but he won, that's all that counts.

Btw, I miss this slow cloth. In many ways i'll say maybe it more conducive to good pool because you rarely have to roll anything.

I do have to say that I totally agree with you last statement about the cloth, and I actually have said it long ago here on AZB, It will add so much to the game in terms of stroking shots, you have to have stroke to be able to play on that cloth, which is really nice.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do have to say that I totally agree with you last statement about the cloth, and I actually have said it long ago here on AZB, It will add so much to the game in terms of stroking shots, you have to have stroke to be able to play on that cloth, which is really nice.

well, nowadays all the tournaments are sponsored by simonis cloth, so i think we will see the fast cloth for a long time. Also, the fast cloth suits more the finesse game so i'm ok with it.