Tip thread. What is on your cue?

Choose your brand.

• Total voters

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer using a no-name tip that has been soaked in "SJD" crying tears for about a week. You usually can collect the tears in the weekly posts. Just save them up for a couple weeks and you will have enough. I am unable to find the no-name tips at this present time.

Tip threads are no more or less boring than any other thread to me. I know how to skip over threads.

To me, what is boring is the people that jump into threads and say they are "boring", but have nothing useful to add to the thread.

To stick (no pun intended) with the subject of the thread and give you a tip, I just had a Kamui Black Medium installed on my Predator 314-2 FAT shaft this week. I will get it back tomorrow and play with it.

The original tip on the shaft was an Everest and I HATED it. I had it replaced with a Kamui Black Super Soft and I didn't like the way it played until I cut about half of it off. It finally wore down to the nub and I decided to have it replaced after playing with it last Sunday.

I know the hardness of the Kamui Black Medium is rated close to what Le Pro is. I like the feel of Le Pros, but you can't trust getting a good one anymore. I hope the Kamui Medium has the same feel.

If you haven't yet, try an Ultraskin Medium. I've always only played Le Pros, and more recently Triangles (still like Le Pros, but can't seem to find a good one other than at random). I've tried a ton of different layered tips. Like you, I absolutely hated the Everest...might be the worst tip I ever tried in my life. I didn't like any other layered tip either until I tried an Ultraskin. I fell in love with them. It does require a little scuffing once or twice a night, but it feels/plays very similarly to those good, hard Le Pros you used to be able to find IMHO.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom. Never really liked the hit. I asked the cue repairman to install a med Kamui. He suggested CYBORG. Not big on tip hype. Played with Le Pro most my life with no issues. Anyways with the Cyborg I am loving the hit of my custom and they play real nice. Best hitting cue to me was a Frey sneaky. Now I feel my cue hits similar.

J, who does your tips - Charlie? Seems like he puts on a lot of Triangles? He does nice work and Triangles are what I was using for a long time basically because they are what I knew and they always played well so didn't see a reason to change. Bob Frey put my last tip on for me and I'm still on it and happy with it ( Elk master soft ).

Question : what if any are the long term lasting effects if a tip already installed on a shaft gets completely saturated with water ( after completely drying out of course )?

Tramp - got a video just for you, jump on YouTube and look up Tip Drill ( you can thank me later 😉 )

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
If I could still get them I'd use Tom Ferry's rhino foreskin tips. Really the best tip I've ever used.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I still have 2 of them.

I should stop over, need a new tip on my sneaky. I'd probably have to go with one of my milk duds from Jeff, I know those rhino foreskin tips are really expensive these days.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
I should stop over, need a new tip on my sneaky. I'd probably have to go with one of my milk duds from Jeff, I know those rhino foreskin tips are really expensive these days.

I will never ever get rid of mine. No amount of money can buy these. Just let me know when you want that tip changed.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay. I am glad he did this thread. It is really interesting. All the talk in the last six months about how good G2 tips are and only 3 votes. I voted Kamui because I am trying a Kamui Black Soft on my main playing cue now. But the jury is still out. I have Kamikaze Black Medium Tips on most of my other cues. I wish he would have added them to the list. A lot of people in my area are using them.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I voted Blackheart because I use them and like them. But, my favorite tip is Kamikaze med.

Hay. I am glad he did this thread. It is really interesting. All the talk in the last six months about how good G2 tips are and only 3 votes. I voted Kamui because I am trying a Kamui Black Soft on my main playing cue now. But the jury is still out. I have Kamikaze Black Medium Tips on most of my other cues. I wish he would have added them to the list. A lot of people in my area are using them.

Thanks guys for your positive input....Much appreciated!!!

Ponytail

...it's about consistency
Silver Member
Ki-Tech Medium.

So far the best tip I've ever hit with. Long lasting, doesn't mushroom, grabs like crazy, great feedback from the cue, and reasonably priced.