Rip Freddy the beard
Old
  (#1)
lee brett
www.leebrettpool.com
lee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Skype™ to lee brett 
Rip Freddy the beard - 06-18-2015, 09:51 AM

Today is the anniversary of Freddy's passing, missed but never forgotten.

I was doing a tour last year and called Freddy to see how he was, he answered the phone while he was in the hospital and said to me "I am not doing good kid" i told him he better be OK as i was coming to see him in a week. Freddy passed away the next day and it hit me hard, Freddy gave me my nickname "The Hooligan" and i stayed with Freddy many times when i was in Chicago, he always looked out for me and was like a Grandfather to me.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Freddy...

"Invest in your game"

The Secret Art Of Pool,
Now on offer $30 each or 2 for $50

www.americanhustlerclothing.com
paypal - lee@leebrettpool.com

My website www.leebrettpool.com

Playing for dinner - Race to 30 really??? I hope you guys are playing on a bb then... Regulation tables of this caliber of play would set the over/under on a 6 hour set.... A race to 15 would've been fine for you two for a long set...

Sorry for your loss
Old
  (#2)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Sorry for your loss - 06-18-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee brett View Post
Today is the anniversary of Freddy's passing, missed but never forgotten.

I was doing a tour last year and called Freddy to see how he was, he answered the phone while he was in the hospital and said to me "I am not doing good kid" i told him he better be OK as i was coming to see him in a week. Freddy passed away the next day and it hit me hard, Freddy gave me my nickname "The Hooligan" and i stayed with Freddy many times when i was in Chicago, he always looked out for me and was like a Grandfather to me.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Freddy...
Sorry for you loss Lee. I love everything about banks and Freddy's book stay in my car. Every time I talked to him on the phone he always shot straight with me. That is always appreciated. You were blessed to have known him so well.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#3)
Texdance
AzB Silver Member
Texdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2015, 11:42 AM

I spoke to Freddy once on the phone concerning which of his many types of Encyclopedia I might buy. He was so friendly, he talked to me like I was his friend though we had never met, acted like he was interested in what book would best serve my needs, and I'll never forget his happy turn of voice when I told him I already owed and enjoyed Banking with the Beard and Banks that Won't Go but Do or whatever its name is. I always wish I could have spent time in the pool room with him, maybe even donated to learn some one pocket, but half a country separated us always. I was most familiar with him through his posts and replies at onepocket.org, and I believe Freddy was a gem, and an ambassador for pool, even when his crusty side showed.

--

Utley J. Puckett, in avatar looking serious in coat and tie,
wielding a short point cue sometime in the 50s or early 60s.
By the 70s he adopted the big white hair and hat.

Old
  (#4)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2015, 12:02 PM

RIP Freddy. another one of your buddies is on his way, just left on Tuesday. So, break out your cue and play a little

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#5)
prewarhero
guess my avatar
prewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2875

06-18-2015, 12:19 PM

Freddy was special. My friend Kevin and I were probably the last people to spend time with him on the table. Ed young and Freddy came by Chris' billiards a few weeks before he died. Showed me a shot that is one of those "secrets". Everytime it comes up I say" here comes the beard shot. He spent the day also going on and on about how proud he was of hai big shot daughter in NY. He was about to leave for NY for a boom signing.

He was treated like a celebrity at Chris' and rightfully so.

RIP BEARD

Cues:
Playing: Tascarella
Break: Mezz PB Kai
Jump: Lomax
Case: JB cases - because I am not mad at my cues!!!!

(#6)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Post - 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM

Pool would not be the same today without Freddy' he has some amazing shots!

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#7)
Eagles89
AzB Silver Member
Eagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2015, 01:56 PM

never got to meet freddy I would of like to.always was going to go to red shoes never got there.save a pic of freddy when he was in the hospital somebody on az put on there.so I did the next best thing I bought his dvds,1yr has pass R.I.P freddy.thank you lee for the post.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: