Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page LatestWindows 10 Update FAIL!!!! AVOID.. turn automatic updates off.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
LatestWindows 10 Update FAIL!!!! AVOID.......
Old
  (#1)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

LatestWindows 10 Update FAIL!!!! AVOID....... - 02-17-2020, 12:51 PM

Second Windows 10 update is now causing problems by hiding user profiles

Botched Windows 10 KB4532693 update is hiding user profiles. Uninstalling update fixes problems.

Catalin Cimpanu for Zero Day | February 15, 2020

https://www.zdnet.com/article/second...user-profiles/

Windows 10 users are reporting that a second Windows update included in this month's Patch Tuesday is causing problems.

According to reports, a bug in the KB4532693 update is hiding user profiles and their respective data on some Windows 10 systems.

Issues with KB4532693 have been reported on Microsoft forums [1, 2, 3, 4], Twitter, Reddit, and tech support sites like AskWoody, Bleeping Computer, and BornCity.

Users are reporting that after installing the update they can no longer view or access their original Windows 10 profile.

According to reports users are logged into a blank/default Windows 10 profile where all their previous data is missing. This includes access to installed apps, desktop wallpapers, desktops files, downloads, and others.

=======================================

I have read other sources saying BSOD.....

=====================================
https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-k...ood-news-soon/

Microsoft’s last Patch Tuesday update KB4532693 is creating all sorts of problems for Windows 10 users. A few days ago, we reported users are complaining about Desktop returning to their default state, causing all the shortcuts and icons on the Desktop and Start Menu to disappear after installing Windows 10 KB4532693 update. Unfortunately, Windows 10 KB4532693 update appears to be way more disruptive than what it appears a few days ago.

Windows 10 users are now facing fresh troubles after installing Windows 10 KB4532693 update. Some users are reporting that the latest Patch Tuesday update deleted their personal files on the Desktop and what is even more concerning is that there is no way to bring all those deleted personal files back.

There is more. The KB4532693 update is also causing boot failures when users are trying to install the update. Some users are reporting that they are not being able to install the update as it gives a blue screen of death and boot failure. This issue, however, can be avoided just by uninstalling the update.

The good news is these issues are not going to cause troubles for a long period of time as Microsoft has started to investigate Windows 10 KB4532693 update issues and you know what that means. Microsoft will either deliver a new update or it will give us a step by step guide to fix these issues..
. Whatever the case may be, if you’re one of the users who didn’t install the latest cumulative update and now thinking of installing it on your PC, you should wait until Microsoft finds a solution to fix these bugs.

====================================

This Posting Proudly Brought to you from a continuously functioning Windows 7 computer.....after disabling Windows 10 updates completely on my wife's computer which has not been able to successfully complete the latest Verison upgrade issued last Fall..............WINDOWS 10 SUCKS

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 02-17-2020 at 01:01 PM. Reason: fix title

Old
  (#2)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-17-2020, 01:13 PM

Good luck with that.

Windows 10 only takes no for an answer so many times before it just installs the update anyway. I have never been able to successfully stop it from doing so.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#3)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 01:30 PM

Edit duplicated.

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 02-17-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Old
  (#4)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....

02-17-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Good luck with that.

Windows 10 only takes no for an answer so many times before it just installs the update anyway. I have never been able to successfully stop it from doing so.
Go into services and disable Windows Update service or set it to Manual which will inform you of updates but require you to accept the update. If you disable the service it won't check for updates and it also may not let you "View Update History" You would have to resart the service to even check for updates.

This video has a lot of views .... if you need a video to help, I highly recommend the simple steps here to disable it and keep it from restarting on reboot. I wasn't aware of a restart issue on reboots until I watched the video and was shown how to stop that. . https://youtu.be/KHvQVZSUbes

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 02-17-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Old
  (#5)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Go into services and disable Windows Update service or set it to Manual which will inform you of updates but require you to accept the update. If you disable the service it won't check for updates and it also may not let you "View Update History" You would have to resart the service to even check for updates.

This video has a lot of views .... if you need a video to help, I highly recommend the simple steps here to disable it and keep it from restarting on reboot. I wasn't aware of a restart issue on reboots until I watched the video and was shown how to stop that. . https://youtu.be/KHvQVZSUbes
That sounds good in theory but in real life I have done all that and the POS just goes ahead and installs updates anyway.

You probably don't believe me but I know what I know.

JC

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-17-2020, 04:34 PM

I don't use windows 10 at all. There is a reason for this.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

02-18-2020, 01:37 AM

I have an older Windows computer that keeps telling me I need to update to 10 because what I have is no longer supported. Kind of leery of that after having the Windows 10 "malware" lock up my computer multiple times with it's offers of a free upgrade to windows 10 over the last few years.

What say you computer guys/gals?

Old
  (#8)
JC
Needs Moderation

02-18-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
I have an older Windows computer that keeps telling me I need to update to 10 because what I have is no longer supported. Kind of leery of that after having the Windows 10 "malware" lock up my computer multiple times with it's offers of a free upgrade to windows 10 over the last few years.

What say you computer guys/gals?
My main PC that I run my business on is windows 7 as are all the satellite computers out in the shop.

I will continue to run it until such time as something happens that I don't like that can't be solved without upgrading to 10. Hopefully by then these computers will have lived out their lives and I can just buy new one's designed to run it.

My understanding of no support is it will affect things like playing media from the web more than any kind of security threat. I guess we'll find out because I have no intention of upgrading just because.

JC

Old
  (#9)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Second Windows 10 update is now causing problems by hiding user profiles

Botched Windows 10 KB4532693 update is hiding user profiles. Uninstalling update fixes problems.

Catalin Cimpanu for Zero Day | February 15, 2020

https://www.zdnet.com/article/second...user-profiles/

Windows 10 users are reporting that a second Windows update included in this month's Patch Tuesday is causing problems.

According to reports, a bug in the KB4532693 update is hiding user profiles and their respective data on some Windows 10 systems.

Issues with KB4532693 have been reported on Microsoft forums [1, 2, 3, 4], Twitter, Reddit, and tech support sites like AskWoody, Bleeping Computer, and BornCity.

Users are reporting that after installing the update they can no longer view or access their original Windows 10 profile.

According to reports users are logged into a blank/default Windows 10 profile where all their previous data is missing. This includes access to installed apps, desktop wallpapers, desktops files, downloads, and others.

=======================================

I have read other sources saying BSOD.....

=====================================
https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-k...ood-news-soon/

Microsoft’s last Patch Tuesday update KB4532693 is creating all sorts of problems for Windows 10 users. A few days ago, we reported users are complaining about Desktop returning to their default state, causing all the shortcuts and icons on the Desktop and Start Menu to disappear after installing Windows 10 KB4532693 update. Unfortunately, Windows 10 KB4532693 update appears to be way more disruptive than what it appears a few days ago.

Windows 10 users are now facing fresh troubles after installing Windows 10 KB4532693 update. Some users are reporting that the latest Patch Tuesday update deleted their personal files on the Desktop and what is even more concerning is that there is no way to bring all those deleted personal files back.

There is more. The KB4532693 update is also causing boot failures when users are trying to install the update. Some users are reporting that they are not being able to install the update as it gives a blue screen of death and boot failure. This issue, however, can be avoided just by uninstalling the update.

The good news is these issues are not going to cause troubles for a long period of time as Microsoft has started to investigate Windows 10 KB4532693 update issues and you know what that means. Microsoft will either deliver a new update or it will give us a step by step guide to fix these issues..
. Whatever the case may be, if you’re one of the users who didn’t install the latest cumulative update and now thinking of installing it on your PC, you should wait until Microsoft finds a solution to fix these bugs.

====================================

This Posting Proudly Brought to you from a continuously functioning Windows 7 computer.....after disabling Windows 10 updates completely on my wife's computer which has not been able to successfully complete the latest Verison upgrade issued last Fall..............WINDOWS 10 SUCKS
Hate to inform you.

It is doing to Windows 7 as well.
My brother just went through it.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Last edited by Sev; 02-18-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

02-18-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
My main PC that I run my business on is windows 7 as are all the satellite computers out in the shop.

I will continue to run it until such time as something happens that I don't like that can't be solved without upgrading to 10. Hopefully by then these computers will have lived out their lives and I can just buy new one's designed to run it.

My understanding of no support is it will affect things like playing media from the web more than any kind of security threat. I guess we'll find out because I have no intention of upgrading just because.
My setup is a windows 7 also.

That is how I have been reading the info too. The biggest threat is you would not be getting regular updates and fixes so you may be more vulnerable to viruses and stuff. I have a good firewall package and run spyware daily. Plus I am the only user on the system so I don't have to worry about someone else randomly clicking stupid shit. I am not super worried now. That could change however.

I'd love some more input from anyone else on the matter too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: