new case for riding motorcycle

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
After a 38 year absence I started riding a motorcycle again. I need a case that is safe to transport my cues strapped across my back. I have more than reasonable fear of strap failure and losing my cues to the pavement at 70 mph. I wish to avoid this. I appreciate any input on this matter. Thank you.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Fellini

After a 38 year absence I started riding a motorcycle again. I need a case that is safe to transport my cues strapped across my back. I have more than reasonable fear of strap failure and losing my cues to the pavement at 70 mph. I wish to avoid this. I appreciate any input on this matter. Thank you.

Hard tube case (no faring) cross it in front of you on the handlebars with Bungee cords. It's always there to see. Did this in S. Cal. 76-81 on a 750 dohc.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
call me about my 1979 Triumph Bonneville

it has been restored,rebuilt and goes way over 70MPH

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
What is the bike. I have a an HD Ultra and have found a few spots, do you have a tour pack, saddle bags, fairing, etc??

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of bike?

I have a BMW R1100RT, and can imagine many ways to secure a cue case to the bike.

I wouldn't wear a cue case on my back, though, for fear it would injure me, or make injuries worse, if I took a spill.

You might be able to modify something to create a locking bracket for a rigid case.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

JB Cases....the ‘Rugged’ with back pack straps....

C0AECE0E-0037-4993-B5DF-80D74DCCE25B.jpeg

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
JB Cases....the ‘Rugged’ with back pack straps....

View attachment 514233

Ideally the top of the straps would be lower, so the bottom of the case was above a persons waist. Difficult to sit on a bike otherwise.

This is how baseball/softball backpacks work - the bat handles stick up like personal TV antennas. They were all the rave when they came out 12-15 years ago. Pretty standard fare for players nowadays.

Attachments

• Batbag.jpg
    Batbag.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,056

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
I have no fear of carrying my Gus on one side and my SW on the other, I ride 12K-25K per year. My bike has plenty of mods done to it but I was able to find secure, non evasive, protected areas for my cues if I choose to take them. Anything hitting the seat on the bottom and extending beyond the shoulders on the top has potential for significant riding discomfort and safety as well, if your in a helmet state will the helmet be in contact with the top of the cues. Will the bottom of the cues prevent movement when a car pulls out in front of you and you have to make extreme maneuvers to avoid an accident. Longer Zues bolts and some shims on my bike and I can carry a George 1X2 case on each side with little effect on function or passenger if I have one. A backpack type carrier may be the ticket in your setup, in mine it would be a pain in the buttocks. Just food for thought.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take my HD to pool a lot.
+1 for the JB rugged. I opted for the single strap and sling it over my head and shoulder like an arrow quiver.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The police version of the R1100RT had an automatic locking shotgun mounting bracket on it. I always toyed with the idea of getting that, and adapting a cue case to work with it.

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
The police version of the R1100RT had an automatic locking shotgun mounting bracket on it. I always toyed with the idea of getting that, and adapting a cue case to work with it.

Now's that's a damn good idea. Ill look into that option

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought the biker in “Rasing Arizona” had a good solution.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 73E06FFE-E679-4906-9965-A3E76B5F2905.jpeg
    73E06FFE-E679-4906-9965-A3E76B5F2905.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 369

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bit more seriously, originally, the three-piece cues by Sheldon Lebow discussed recently were made for a bike rider.

His cues play great.

Lou Figueroa

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is how I secure my case. Rear rack + bunjies. Been fine so far filtering through a tight tunnel.

Ideally, I want to make a bracket to hold it on the left hand side. Bolt a holder to the passenger foot peg, and another one on the rack so it sits diagonally pointing backwards slightly. Sort of like the rifle case someone mentioned.
e6091bb4f0b39cb5efbcd3358d6f2eb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This is how I secure my case. Rear rack + bunjies. Been fine so far filtering through a tight tunnel.

Ideally, I want to make a bracket to hold it on the left hand side. Bolt a holder to the passenger foot peg, and another one on the rack so it sits diagonally pointing backwards slightly. Sort of like the rifle case someone mentioned.
e6091bb4f0b39cb5efbcd3358d6f2eb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Road/sold had maybe 20 bikes in my life. Traveled the entire country many times with my cue. There's something to be said....about having it in contact with your body, or in front of you when your driving ''to keep your eyes on it". I even had my fellini hard case one time, the cap wiggled loose at 80 mph on the 605 fwy N. outta Long Beach, but I saw it in time and was able to save it, if it would of been in the back, going up/down any freeway at 70-80 mph I would of not known that was taking place....I never take my eyes off the road....NEVER. Mind you, at the time I either was using my Zamboti or my Kirschenbrock. Too valuable to EVER take my eyes off of it. And whey you hit bumps at high speeds, it better be ''tight and right''. 110% of the time. If you have a 100 dollar cue, different story.

Last edited: