Forum name.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some people just have no imagination. Or, they are putting others off the scent. From the thread below, I like this post by someone who also appears to be creativity-challenged:

I was going through an honesty phase at the time I joined. I had to use aliases like Driverbaker, Fast Barry, John Barten and Travis when I needed to express my less community minded views!
Here's a thread from a few years ago on the same subject. I imagine some members who posted in that thread won't be posting in this one, so the older thread may still be of interest.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=399408

But seriously, folks, I joined the innerwebz back when everyone used their real names on posts. To do otherwise was considered pointless if not slimy and deceptive. Some people still think of fake screen names that way.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people just have no imagination. Or, they are putting others off the scent. From the thread below, I like this post by someone who also appears to be creativity-challenged:

I was going through an honesty phase at the time I joined. I had to use aliases like Driverbaker, Fast Barry, John Barten and Travis when I needed to express my less community minded views!

But seriously, folks, I joined the innerwebz back when everyone used their real names on posts. To do otherwise was considered pointless if not slimy and deceptive. Some people still think of fake screen names that way.

Do I win the least imaginative award?
PT had to help me with my avatar.

I'm definitely creativity- challenged

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My name is Chris.

In the 80s and 90s, I played in a traveling BCA league in Houston with some guys who played out of Cue & Cushion. We all had quite varied backgrounds, but all of us played pretty decent. We all drank a fair amount of alcohol.

We were throwing around possible team names one night and drinking fairly heavily. One of the guys, Eric, was finishing his PhD and working at the medical center. He proceeded to tell us about Korsakoff's Syndrome, a condition where a person has severe memory loss due to alcohol consumption (which causes a vitamin deficiency). So, we became the Korsakoffs.

I have great memories of the guys and probably improved my game at least a couple balls just hanging out with them for a few years. So, when I registered here, that was the first thing that came to mind.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I'll stand strong in my belief that these "screen names" are real.

Been around forums for a long time, never heard that using a nickname or handle is deceptive.

If I was a professional in a pool related business then I'd be using my given name.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a fan of Pool and I thought what the Heck , I am going to use Pool fan and then the 101 is usually the basic 's so I put 2 and 2 together and that is how I came up with it. Interesting to say the least .

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From an episode of the old Drew Carey show when they were playing a game on the table he had outside in his backyard.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then why "bbb"?

LOL I forgot which site I was on....senior moment
lll
Is my screen name on one pocket.org
I picked that first
When I joined AZB
I used b for billiards and still liked the idea of triplets
Hence. .....bbb

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to have a weekly card game with 6 buddies. Every once in a while, instead of hold'em, we would play dealers choice. I had one friend who would, without fail, call out "7 card stud, jokers wild". Drove me nutz. When they found out it irked me, it was over...I was instantly "jokers wild". That was 25 years ago...man time flies. I adapted the spelling from wylde stallyns, from Bill and Ted,s excellent adventure.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
My last name is Acree ( rhymes with bakery) and I've been called that my entire life, back around 2010 or so when I became an 8 in 9ball in league, my teammates started calling me Eightcree, kinda liked it and it stuck. 9cree isn't nearly as cool nor a play on words lol

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is inspired by the movie Pump Up the Volume with Christian Slater.

In the movie, he rented a mail box under the fake name Charles U Farley to throw off the authorities.

Chuck U Farley or F**k you Charlie. Thought it was funny. I enjoyed the movie as well. I wouldn't say it's in my top 10 or anything, but it was pretty good.