!!! They Call Me Nostradamus !!!

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening everyone hope all is well in the world of the 14.1 forum and its die hard straight pool fanatics.

If some of you remember we have recently started our straight pool league and tonight was week three.

The reason why they now call me Nostradamus is because my prophecy of our very own Stevekur1 (Steve Kurtz) is beginning to unfold.

In his first match he faced a tough opponent for many reasons. Tough because it was me and I am his normal sparring partner. Tough because although we are like brothers we are probably more competitive and we demand nothing less of each other. Tough because all eyes were on this match tonight as the two favorites to take this league season who danced around each other last season and the first two weeks of this season finally found their way to face one another and stand toe to toe at the table.

All I can say folks is that it didnt end pretty for me. I played awful for reasons I cant even begin to explain. I guess I just got down on myself and couldn't recover after some early unintentional safeties that left me in jail.

That being said Steve played like a man possessed. Analyzing rack after rack for perfect position on most of his shots paired with confidant shot making made for a lethal combo as Steve bested last season's high run with a 48 taking the high run of 27 away from me this season.

Folks let me tell you although I was pissed in so many ways at the unintentional safeties and then at how bad I was playing, I still found a way to see through it and sit and watch a great friend and player run a beautiful forty eight which in my opinion could have been more if the equipment was a little better. Very slow cloth, dirty balls, screwed up pockets and more. You name it Leisure Time Billiards has it as the condition of the tables has recently deteriorated as of late.

The only word I can use to describe this run was inspiring. It inspired me to focus more, to play better patterns, and to choose my shots better. It inspired me to go back and review my own game and to review his. Basically it inspired me to be better to play better and to be a better student of the game. While I have come a long way in a short time mostly because of Steve and his invaluable tutelage I still have a long way to go. In the end this run has inspired me to play with passion, to love what i am doing with every shot and every opportunity at the table. This is how an experience like this should make you feel in my opinion. Humbled but hungry for more.

Oh and by the way he won our match with bonus points and then lightning struck twice as Steve won his second match with some beautiful double digit runs as he took bonus points off of another player in the league.

Great shooting man keep it up.

Charlie

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Wow......

In many ways I am sorry that I had to set the high run against you......

But even more so I am pleased That it was against you, because only you could have appreciated it and given it your undevided attention that it deserved.....

And I thank you for inspiring me earlier, and giving me the mojo that I needed to take you down !!!!

I really see alot of good things coming your way in 14.1, you just have to keep your head in the game and let things go ....

Thanks again, it means alot
Steve

Last edited:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to you Steve on the run of 48 (very nice).

Charlie/Steve I would like to play either of you some straight if I ever get up your way.

Charlie you sound like a worthy opponent with the right idea about playing the game.

Good luck to both of you in your straight pool league.

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running 48 in league play. . .well done. There is nothing easier/tougher than playing a friend.
Andy

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
let us know when you are coming into town, we would both love to shoot a few games with you.

Thanks
Steve