Pool, DCC made it on CNN

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty well written, current article. The author didn't check all the rooms, though. The San Francisco room has been closed for years. All the rest are still going in one form or another. He obviously didn't know about Fargo Billiards, perhaps the nicest room in the USA.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
closed for years?

Not so, Scott. The Billiard Palacade in San Francisco is going strong and has never missed a beat. Very friendly place. But Family Billiards is by far my favorite. It has outstanding equipment (18 Gold Crowns, 5 with 4" pockets) and gambling is NOT prohibited. (seriously)

Robin Snyder

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My mistake...I was thinking of the Billiard Palace, which was downtown, and closed a long time ago. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup: I like Family Billiards too. I've taught several lessons in there, and it is the home room for one of my best instructors, Tom Seymore.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Not so, Scott. The Billiard Palacade in San Francisco is going strong and has never missed a beat. Very friendly place. But Family Billiards is by far my favorite. It has outstanding equipment (18 Gold Crowns, 5 with 4" pockets) and gambling is NOT prohibited. (seriously)

Robin Snyder

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling Pool as "Sport of Rogues" is not complimentary. The article in CNN did not help the game.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Robin Snyder

I was in Family billiards a couple months ago and the tables where a mess. I was told the owner really didnt care and you could tell.The cloth looked to be at least 2 years old and it was filthy. It was sad really. We took the drive to Mountain view and spend 200 in 2 days and got treated like kings.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was there last June...

I was in Family billiards a couple months ago and the tables where a mess. I was told the owner really didnt care and you could tell.The cloth looked to be at least 2 years old and it was filthy. It was sad really. We took the drive to Mountain view and spend 200 in 2 days and got treated like kings.

I was there last June and while the felt was a little dirty and ratty, the tables still played pretty good.

Jaden