Plastic Shim Stock For Sale

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
What I have for sale here is plastic shim stock 5"W X 10"L .020 thick that one of our great forum members turned me onto using in place of plastic or delrin collets. They work really great if you cut them into 1" strips, which will give you 10 strips to use as shaft protectors in the chuck jaws. I HAVE noticed that after using them a couple of times they will tend to separate in half and you will then have a piece that is .010 thick, which in turn, also gives you twice as many strips. In that case, you will end up with 20 1" strips. To me, they seem to hold better being .010 thick versus .020 thick. I've been using them for a couple of weeks now and even at .010 thick they protect the shaft perfect and the chuck jaws leave no mark whatsoever.

I am selling these sheets at $10 bucks each, shipping by USPS Priority mail included in that price. That is $4.50 for the sheet itself and $5.50 to cover my shipping. Once they separate in half into .010 thick strips, that comes to about $.50 cents per strip and they can be used over and over again. 20 1" strips will probably last you a lifetime. I have 11 sheets to get rid of,after that, they are gone.

If anyone is interested, please reply here BEFORE sending payment. PLEASE no PM's. Please post in this thread. My paypal email is Dirtbmw20@knology.net
Please pay as goods and services and NOT as a gift and I will eat the fees.

The sheets as they will be shipped to you........................

This is what they look like after being cut into strips...........

Last edited:

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
5 paid for. 1 in reserve.

There are 5 left. (I had 11 available, not 10...... sorry for the miscount)

All that have paid today will ship out today. I have sent everyone a PM with tracking info and already left positive iTrader on the transactions.