The Hustlers on Fox & Friends

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice clip good to see pool on main stream TV maybe the show has a real chance.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Very nice for the "The Hustlers Show". That was a pretty long skit on a major station. I knew Jen would be good in front of the TV camera, she's been there, done that. I was worried Mike was going to get that deer in the headlight stare, but he did very well IMO. This will give the new show a nice pop of viewers. Well done Jen& Mike. Johnnyt

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Excellent, the next pool boom can't come soon enough, I want to build a new hall.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Very nice for the "The Hustlers Show". That was a pretty long skit on a major station. I knew Jen would be good in front of the TV camera, she's been there, done that. I was worried Mike was going to get that deer in the headlight stare, but he did very well IMO. This will give the new show a nice pop of viewers. Well done Jen& Mike. Johnnyt

Perfect timing too, if they get this week's episode right it will be very action packed. A lot happened during this episode filming period...can't wait to see what they show or don't show. Pure craziness. "Pros and Conmen"

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent, the next pool boom can't come soon enough, I want to build a new hall.

You got a partner Colonel! It's great that they got on a major network to promote

the show, but I think the ppl behind The Hustlers could've done a better job at

preparing Mike and Jen for the questions to better explain the show. When

asked about the show Mike just said it was about pool. It's much better to tell

the avg. person it's about the personalities and conflicts that arise. Let's face it

everyone slows down to watch a train wreck like it or not. The emotional roller

coasters and excitement is what draws people in. For the masses it can be an

intriguing show with pool thrown in it not just "matching up" as he called it. You

could see the hosts on the show were chomping at the bit to watch a show

about "hustlin'".

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done
Though it is still too early to sing Kumbaya
:D

31Brownie.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The show has the PR department of a Cable channel behind it. Glad to see its on Fox, that means maybe even the folks here on NPR may tune in and catch a whiff of pool.

mmktierney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A negative response....FINALLY.....oh wait....thats
all I see on AZB........The TV plug was well done......hope it works out for all involved

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I fixed that for ya. :D On the show Mike mentioned Finnegan will use a broom stick to play Scott Simonetti on this Friday's episode.

Excellent, the next pool broom can't come soon enough, I want to build a new hall.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike and Jennifer represented the game very well. Great stuff "The Hustlers"!
I thought they did a fine job considering the three idiots on there that would not let them get in a word. Beretta wanted to promote the show and could hardly say anything before being cut off with some stupid comments by the hosts. I was something anyway I guess, better then nothing.

DOA

Registered
I just seen that The Hustlers will be showing on the Action channel starting this Wednesday. Now I will finally get to see it too.

Yee Haa,

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I was very impressed. For being on the air for less than five minutes, they went through the trouble of bringing in a table.

I thought they did a fine job considering the three idiots on there that would not let them get in a word. Beretta wanted to promote the show and could hardly say anything before being cut off with some stupid comments by the hosts. I was something anyway I guess, better then nothing.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was very impressed. For being on the air for less than five minutes, they went through the trouble of bringing in a table.
It would have been so much better to have done a sit down interview with some clips of the show. There is no way 1 minute after that segment if you asked someone who saw it what it was about they could tell you.

My post was just a knee jerk response to seeing again the same F'n thing they always do with pool when it does make it on a TV show going back the Steve Allen and Mosconi like 50 years ago and every time since. I hope it helped but with clueless idiots like that doing the interview, it was just a manic chaotic mess.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would have been so much better to have done a sit down interview with some clips of the show. There is no way 1 minute after that segment if you asked someone who saw it what it was about they could tell you.

My post was just a knee jerk response to seeing again the same F'n thing they always do with pool when it does make it on a TV show going back the Steve Allen and Mosconi like 50 years ago and every time since. I hope it helped but with clueless idiots like that doing the interview, it was just a manic chaotic mess.

Yes, you have a point. On the good side, for them to get a five minute spot on a major news network there was some serious influence by a good publicity firm. This indicates some that the show must be doing well for the producer or at the very least show signs of life in terms of ratings.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it was interesting to see what the hosts thought the show was about, as they had preconceived notions of hustling (in its traditional less-than-glorious sense). But Jennifer and Mike took time to explain the show is really about a bunch of friends matching up at the pool hall.

That being said, I think the show developers/producers made the right decision to name the show as it is, there's no doubt it attracts attention. Nobody will click the remote to watch "Friends Play Pool For Cash" but I'm sure they might tune in to "The Hustlers"...

I wish the show success, and I'm glad to see our beloved sport represented by Jennifer and Mike on a mainstream cable morning show.