makers who do fullsplice blank cues?

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
makers who do fullsplice blank conversions?

who makes a nice fullsplice cue? i have a john davis blank that i want to finish.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
who makes a nice fullsplice cue? i have a john davis blank that i want to finish.

A lot of people now make full splice cues without veneers. A handful do them with veneers. John is one of the best at that. But any competent cuemaker that will work with other peoples blanks can finish your cue for you. So if finishing the Davis blank into a custom cue for you is what you are after, it does not matter if the cuemaker can build full splice cues or not.

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people now make full splice cues without veneers. A handful do them with veneers. John is one of the best at that. But any competent cuemaker that will work with other peoples blanks can finish your cue for you. So if finishing the Davis blank into a custom cue for you is what you are after, it does not matter if the cuemaker can build full splice cues or not.

yes, i meant who can make it into a custom cue, there's so many makers but who does it good?

avscue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second chris's reply and add a few makers do full splice butterflies as well

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
yes, i meant who can make it into a custom cue, there's so many makers but who does it good?

All good cuemakers who will work with other peoples blanks will do a good job.
So if you want quotes you might just want to ask for quotes to be PMed. It would be in bad taste for us to name cuemakers who would not do a good job, since this is ask the cuemaker section. You are basically asking who are good cuemakers. Most of us are good cuemakers.

Before asking for PMed quotes you should list what all you want on the cue. Type of wrap, type of joint, type of rings, and inlays, number of shafts and so on.

Then once you have your quotes you can look at those persons cues and see if they are good enough for you or not.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recomend you do a search for John Davies in the cue and case section, lots of nice looking cues based on Johns blanks.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I would ask John Davis to finish it! I know he can. It might be worth asking him if he would.

Larry