PSA: Barry Szamboti Cue

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
You may be a victim on some level IF you were not given the information. I agree with that. The only real victim is Dennis, the cue had surgery and because you did not honor anything you have on your website, and not take the cue back when all this was found out, he is the guy that was left hanging. You should have taken the cue back, and if then taken it back up with Don.

I pleaded with Dennis to take you to court, after YOU threatened him with it. Luckily for you, he just wants to wash his hands of it, or you would truly be screwed. You threatened the nicest guy I know with "theft by deception", when he was evaluating a trade. When it was YOU that sold him something that wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Yes, you read that right, Bill called the cops on a CUSTOMER who was evaluating a solution to the problem. Let that sink in for a minute....

You didn't pay double, you better cut that lie out right now.

JV

because of my bus. i paid double to make my customer whole plus some .. the real victim is me and dennis clark! dennis was made whole and some! and i sold this 5 years ago and bought it 6 i have a copy of every letter that has accompanied a cue no matter how minuscule!!and i never recieved one! or 2 new shafts! .. i would have let somone know what was done because if barry did it i know it was done right!!
"if i have a 1962 ginacue with a roll and ernie takes it apart and rebuilds it is not a Gina?"
No matter what i should have been told! and who ever buys here after! once i get the cue i will evaulate it .. but it was a sound straight cue or it would not have made it to the site!!

Last edited:

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
PSA Barry Szamboti Cue

did i just read Bill, stating he got the letter & cue was perfect. how did he get a letter, but didn't get one from me? because i never got a letter, or was aware of any letter, or work done on cue. thanks for your statement FrankO, its appreciated. all i know is the ones that make up stories, big ones are usually the biggest deceivers of all. claiming they are the greatest, etc., etc.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
did i just read Bill, stating he got the letter & cue was perfect. how did he get a letter, but didn't get one from me? because i never got a letter, or was aware of any letter, or work done on cue. thanks for your statement FrankO, its appreciated. all i know is the ones that make up stories, big ones are usually the biggest deceivers of all. claiming they are the greatest, etc., etc.

Don,
Just to clear this confusion up......

He just received the cue back (shipped from me) with the new letter from Barry that I had done a few months back.

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
just so you know JOE you have like always made it personal. and good luck with the visit from your new friends! I let it slide multipal times ,,, but the lovley person you are caused the storm comming down for you and mark . and calssic cues!so dont blame anyone but yourself!

cornerstone

Silver Member
You may be a victim on some level IF you were not given the information. I agree with that. The only real victim is Dennis, the cue had surgery and because you did not honor anything you have on your website, and not take the cue back when all this was found out, he is the guy that was left hanging. You should have taken the cue back, and if then taken it back up with Don.

I pleaded with Dennis to take you to court, after YOU threatened him with it. Luckily for you, he just wants to wash his hands of it, or you would truly be screwed. You threatened the nicest guy I know with "theft by deception", when he was evaluating a trade. When it was YOU that sold him something that wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Yes, you read that right, Bill called the cops on a CUSTOMER who was evaluating a solution to the problem. Let that sink in for a minute....

JV
and again you ditorted the facts!as soon as i found out (6 years) later ,i sent him a gus worth 2Xs the barry.. that barry refused to put finish on because classic cues di somthing to him!! so he sent it back!and you had it completed by another maker (And did not inform anyone i found out later) and did you guys take care of it NOOOOOO!and you had it on you site for 14,900 but you told your customer it was a dog ! and you made it one! so for the cue police you are .. why did you not tell anyone about a doctored gus! so let continue what about the warped richard black you sold me that you refused to take of ! so for someone that is stuck on original you dont follow what you preach!!!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Silver Member

JV
I called the police because joe told me(via text) i was not getting my cues back!!! of course i called the police .. this is all because of joe running his mouth , so as we all know that joe did not post anything except the cue for sale on his site and he charged his customer 2000 for 2 shafts that he bought from matt for 500... and he had steve klien work on them.. not Barry,, why did you not post that on the site!! i thik we all se who is the decptive one !! no one except me will take care of a cue 6 years after the sale and you proved with all your post i han no knowledge.. the big differance is you did know, and put it up without telling people!! why is that barry not deal with you guys? whay did marcus have to contact barry . lets look into the honesty of what you guys did to barry.. one of the nicest guys on the planet! so joe you are beeting a dead horse that has nothing to do with you except you got caught with your pants down trying to screw people again , what i did was without knowledge and was innocent ... your deception was and is with knowledge!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Silver Member

yes i did don This morning at 11:55 am , at least this proves i had no knowledge!

Last edited:

classiccues

Silver Member
First.. I will address anything related to this deal, only, the Gus only in the fact that it was out being evaluated for purchase when Jim committed suicide. The cue to the best of my recollection was not listed for sale. It may have been, please provide a screen shot, or link. Jim bought a lot of cues from many people, he was looking at this with full disclosure from us. I believe it went right to Jim, maybe he saw it on the site. It was 12 years ago.

As far as it being worth 2x the Barry, its an opinion we do not share.

Unlike you, we do not "loose" letters or threaten female secretaries with arrests.

JV

and again you ditorted the facts!as soon as i found out (6 years) later ,i sent him a gus worth 2Xs the barry.. that barry refused to put finish on because classic cues di somthing to him!! so he sent it back!and you had it completed by another maker (And did not inform anyone i found out later) and did you guys take care of it NOOOOOO!and you had it on you site for 14,900 but you told your customer it was a dog ! and you made it one! so for the cue police you are .. why did you not tell anyone about a doctored gus! so let continue what about the warped richard black you sold me that you refused to take of ! so for someone that is stuck on original you dont follow what you preach!!!

classiccues

Silver Member
Again, I will only answer things related to this deal.

You are lying. I never said you were not getting your cues back. I said pay him what you owe him and you will get them back, both of them. Never once was it even implied that you weren't getting them back. In fact Dennis would have rather you had them back, both of them. But you were never going to honor anything. As far as it being 6 years, this is a date that has changed multiple times, 4,5,6.. you have no idea. Just like what you paid for the Gus, there are 7-8 numbers that you have stated. That is the problem with lying, you can never keep multiple lies straight.

Dennis bought them, 2 shafts, from Matt and I believe they were 750. I do not believe I was involved in that transaction. Steve sanded the pilots down to fit into the joint. So yeah, I didn't think that was important. Its not like he drilled the cue out from the bottom or anything.

Lets keep in mind Dennis had to buy these Szamboti shafts to make the cue saleable because the replacement shafts, by Barry, and letter never made it out of Michigan.

Its only your word you didn't know and we all see what that is worth. You owed the man a refund, and weaseled and lied about operations, insurance, and everything under the sun to not pay him.

Even when it was sold and you were asked to come up with the difference, 5k, you couldn't. You were given extension after extension to sell the cue, you couldn't. You couldn't do ANYTHING to fix this, or wouldn't do what you should have. Simply put, you owed the man the money.

Then you called the cops on a woman, you must feel like a man. The best thing here is the guy, YOU, who committed the crime was the one calling the cops. You defrauded the guy, and you called the cops on him. If I was him, I would have offered to buy your plane ticket out here.

BTW no one said you didn't know, another lie. I said IF you didn't know. That is a pretty big, if not a probable if...

JV

I called the police because joe told me(via text) i was not getting my cues back!!! of course i called the police .. this is all because of joe running his mouth , so as we all know that joe did not post anything except the cue for sale on his site and he charged his customer 2000 for 2 shafts that he bought from matt for 500... and he had steve klien work on them.. not Barry,, why did you not post that on the site!! i thik we all se who is the decptive one !! no one except me will take care of a cue 6 years after the sale and you proved with all your post i han no knowledge.. the big differance is you did know, and put it up without telling people!! why is that barry not deal with you guys? whay did marcus have to contact barry . lets look into the honesty of what you guys did to barry.. one of the nicest guys on the planet! so joe you are beeting a dead horse that has nothing to do with you except you got caught with your pants down trying to screw people again , what i did was without knowledge and was innocent ... your deception was and is with knowledge!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Silver Member
thank you joe for that statement , that i commetted a crime and that is good enough for libel ---I will run with that at this point your statment are now prosecutable!!!

cornerstone

Silver Member
so joe , are you a representitive of classic cues or part owner? or just a keboard warrior ??that makes himself more important by trashing people and acting like you have a life.. the only one you decieve is yourself!also i know why you dont want to talk about anything other than this deal,, so the gus is part of this deal?? so what happened, you told your customer that Barry shafted you and you never got paid by the person that bought it?? is that even remotly the truth?? or another one of your self proclaimed truths?

Last edited:

classiccues

Silver Member
What I am, is none of your business. I do not need to make myself important by trashing anyone. You sold something that wasn't what you claimed, a guy wanted his money back, and you couldn't, (wouldn't) pay him. You FORCED him into something by making him uncomfortable and fearful that he would not be made whole. .. and he gave you so many chances to do the right thing and even helped by selling the cue, something you couldn't do. There is no trashing, just the truth. Then when you got caught, and the wait was over, you tried to turn this on him.

Only you did this, no one else.

JV

so joe , are you a representitive of classic cues or part owner? or just a keboard warrior ??that makes himself more important by trashing people and acting like you have a life.. the only one you decieve is yourself!also i know why you dont want to talk about anything other than this deal,, so the gus is part of this deal?? so what happened, you told your customer that Barry shafted you and you never got paid by the person that bought it?? is that even remotly the truth?? or another one of your self proclaimed truths?

Attachments

• bill_g_2.JPG.jpg
    bill_g_2.JPG.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 579
  • bill_g_3.JPG.png
    bill_g_3.JPG.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Telling

Keep my name out of your BS. I contacted Barry because I wanted to know the history of the cue before buying it, because I need to know if a cue is sellable before I invest $ into it.

Maybe not against law but to me, when a seller has an issue with calling the maker ( or makers son ), it tells me that someone has something to hide.

I hate that this happened to anyone, but it should be a wake up call to all buyers, especially folks like me that are not experts. Get verification and get all information you can on any cue.

I hope this all works out for everyone, but I think it like musical chairs and the music has stopped.:eek:

Best of rolls to all,

Ken

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Maybe not against law but to me, when a seller has an issue with calling the maker ( or makers son ), it tells me that someone has something to hide.

I hate that this happened to anyone, but it should be a wake up call to all buyers, especially folks like me that are not experts. Get verification and get all information you can on any cue.

I hope this all works out for everyone, but I think it like musical chairs and the music has stopped.:eek:

Best of rolls to all,

Ken

That is the problem..... I heard whispers from people that the cue had issues and had been modified. So I knew I needed to do some digging. Had I not known so many people, I would have bought the cue and not known, until I tried to sell it.

I wanted to show all the people involved in the musical chairs, and then let them play the game until someone finally loses.

Hope you've been good.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fwiw

I feel I owe this to Bill Grassley . I am not trying to get into a situation where it seems all parties involved honestly feel they are right. In a previous thread I wrote my honest opinion of Don Sherman I feel I owe it to Bill to do the same.

I have known and done busn. with Bill Grassley since I met at Derby City when he was first getting started. Bill is a mover and a shaker and really livened up the Cue trade for all who were selling or Buying he brought life even to other dealers who would just sit and wait for a sale happen.

I bought , sold and traded many many cues with Bill and never once had any issue , the cues included Gus's Barry's Gina's Black Boars and many more. In 2012 I received a call from Bill saying he had tracked down my oringinal Six point Black Boar which I hD been searching for since 2007. Not only did Bill get me cue back but he gave me a really great deal on it , he could have sold it fast for more $ then he received from me. In all the cues I have ever owned that Boar means the most to me and Bill took that into consideration when offering it back. I can say more positive things but none more important then that.

Dealing in hig end cues is a risky busn. by all parties involved I hope this issue gets resolved before good reputations get ruined.

cornerstone

Silver Member
The Iam groot is a new facebook account with no info except it comes from the same ipadress as joe?? lol

thank you frank for the kind words it is always a pleasure dealing with you and good conversation also you taught me alot when i was green and new!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Silver Member
Thank you all for the calls and buliding me up.don did let the world know that i did not have a letter and he did not know when he sold it to me .but my attorney suggested i stop with this until the papers are served and the court case we opened against pooltable majic /classic cues/joe v /and mark k is completed!! thank you all and wish you all the very best! I will not post further!

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all for the calls and buliding me up.don did let the world know that i did not have a letter and he did not know when he sold it to me .but my attorney suggested i stop with this until the papers are served and the court case we opened against pooltable majic /classic cues/joe v /and mark k is completed!! thank you all and wish you all the very best! I will not post further!

You should sue yourself imo. Your replies have been less than inspiring to someone investing in cues.