how are ya'll doing in league ?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck.. Hope you guys win it all. I sooo want to try the Masters Format. I have watched it the past few years. Seems like something I would enjoy.

Thanks, and it's fun. I've never played masters league, just a tournament here or there that was masters format. I like it because you get to mix things up a bit.

Are you in this video chili? I’m not sure I followed your description of who’s who. I’m nosy about people’s game lol

Yessir and you mean you couldn't read my gibberish? LOL. I am in the second match that starts at around the 1:20:00 mark, I'm in the grey NIC Alumni shirt.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So cool to watch you play!

BTW, masters is really fun.

Thanks, first time I've watched myself in a match. I film myself at home once in a while but never in a match.

And yeah, I dig the masters format. They are trying to get a league night going here but I can't play on Thursday's, which is when they would have it.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Oh, and you'll be seeing me there as well. We threw a team together at the last minute and went through the A side of the APA Masters Vegas qualifier to knock out the 3-time defending champs :thumbup:.......

Good luck.. Hope you guys win it all. I sooo want to try the Masters Format. I have watched it the past few years. Seems like something I would enjoy.

Are you guys staying at the Westgate?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks, and it's fun. I've never played masters league, just a tournament here or there that was masters format. I like it because you get to mix things up a bit.

Yessir and you mean you couldn't read my gibberish? LOL. I am in the second match that starts at around the 1:20:00 mark, I'm in the grey NIC Alumni shirt.

Nice shooting Chilico, you do good pool.

I was slightly disappointed to learn that chili Palmer was not your real name. I had hoped for a slicked back criminal with overpriced drugs and a pinup girl rooting you on. Alas, life is as it is.

How did you like that light colored cloth? It looked nice

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure yet, going to try going through the paperwork tonight or I might just message the LO to find out about group rates, etc.

I found a pretty good deal at Bally's. With the monorail, it shouldn't be too hard to get back and forth to the Westgate. Looking forward to meeting my fellow AZB'ers. Going to be a fun time. No one on my current 9 ball team has went before. So they are all excited.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I found a pretty good deal at Bally's. With the monorail, it shouldn't be too hard to get back and forth to the Westgate. Looking forward to meeting my fellow AZB'ers. Going to be a fun time. No one on my current 9 ball team has went before. So they are all excited.

Great place and a great location, it's right in the middle of everything. Within in walking
distance of a pretty good steak and a great little bar (both off strip) with off strip prices.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great place and a great location, it's right in the middle of everything. Within in walking
distance of a pretty good steak and a great little bar (both off strip) with off strip prices.

I heard that.. Someone said that there was a great place to grab breakfast right behind it too. I have stayed at like 5 different places on the strip. But this is my first at Bally's.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Chilico, you do good pool.

I was slightly disappointed to learn that chili Palmer was not your real name. I had hoped for a slicked back criminal with overpriced drugs and a pinup girl rooting you on. Alas, life is as it is.

How did you like that light colored cloth? It looked nice

Thanks, I was gone for far too long and am enjoying my time back. I was out of pool for 14 years and been back for 1.

EDIT: And sorry I ruined your opinion of me but who says I'm not the nicest asshole you've ever met :)

As far as the cloth goes - I hate it. I'm a very traditional person - if you call it a Reuben sandwich then don't use turkey pastrami, if you own a pool table then use blue or green cloth, life really isn't that hard. That place could be a gold mine (we'll call it a silver mine for now) if they would take care of their tables. They have 6 9 footers, 9 8 footers, 2 crappy bar boxes and 4 diamonds. The diamonds are the best in the house, all the other tables absolutely suck, so much that the gamblers in town just rented a shop and ordered a 9 foot diamond so they can have their own little club with a good table. Irritates the shit out of me, there needs to be a revolt. Maybe that new club will open someones eyes.

That being said - I shoot great on that felt even though I hate it. The one time I played in the 9B tourney I went through the A side, I always shoot great in league when there and then I did well in the APA Masters. Sweet sorrow? LOL

Thanks, I'll have to look into it.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Tuesday night 8-ball... I hadn't touched a cue in a couple weeks. Playing an opponent that i rarely do well against. First two games, I played about as well as I ever have, up 2-0. He gets the next game, no big deal. I then progressively become worse and worse. Somehow I managed to get to hill-hill with him. He has a shot at the winning 8, and surprisingly misses it. I'm left with a slight cut into the side, which the natural leave would have me in great shape for the 8.

Of course I donkeyed it.

I haven't felt so bad about losing a match in a long time. Really discouraged.

Ah well. here's always next week. With new and exciting ways to screw things up :p

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuesday night 8-ball... I hadn't touched a cue in a couple weeks. Playing an opponent that i rarely do well against. First two games, I played about as well as I ever have, up 2-0. He gets the next game, no big deal. I then progressively become worse and worse. Somehow I managed to get to hill-hill with him. He has a shot at the winning 8, and surprisingly misses it. I'm left with a slight cut into the side, which the natural leave would have me in great shape for the 8.

Of course I donkeyed it.

I haven't felt so bad about losing a match in a long time. Really discouraged.

Ah well. here's always next week. With new and exciting ways to screw things up :p

Must be something in the air. I overshot 2 safes that both cost me games, I dinked a 9B that was a foot out of the pocket, almost straight on and I missed a fairly easy long shot on the 8 so my opponent easily won. Add those mishaps to two 9B's on the break (against me) and two early 9B combos against me and I had my worst night ever in BCA :eek:

Which is irritating because 2 hours before that I had a couple of 3 packs and a few 2 packs in the 2 hours I practiced.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a strange night last night. I was shooting fair considering i rattled several pockets on a diamond i seldom play on that wouldhave definitely fell on a valley. Then my opponent decided to pizz me off by calling a foul on me that was definiitely not a foul. The object ball was frozen on the side rail a diamond from the bottom pocket...the cue ball was in the jaws of the top pocket. I hit a stop shot with a little inside to bring the cue ball off the rail..he claimed i hit his ball first which was about 2 inches off to the side of my ball. I explained it was physically impossible for my ball to go in the pocket if i had hit his first . he kept arguing and pointing where the balls were and that his ball moved first.

I said fine...you want a win that bad ...take the ball and i picked up the cue ball and handed it to him. He failed to run out and i won the rack. Next rack i put up a break and run. On the way to rack again my oppnent was muttering about my amazing shooting. My scorekeeper 'replied....he is prone to do that when you piss him off . i won 4-2 in a 4-5 race.

I played the same guy an hour later in 9 ball where we are both 6's. It seemed neither one of us wanted the match but i pulled off a win 46-21 in a 25 inning match. First time i ever saw a 6 run more innings than he had points.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3rd place, Atlanta All Stars...tough cuz it was single elimination. 56 entrants.

Attachments

• 3EBDB1F7-0D95-4F44-B7CA-205C1CF762C0.jpg
    3EBDB1F7-0D95-4F44-B7CA-205C1CF762C0.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a long weekend and more pool than I have played in years and years, we ended up taking 2nd place at the annual 9 ball TapTitleholders event for nationals. Very proud of my awesome team, all of whom stepped up big time at some point. I personally played the best 9 ball match I have ever played against a player that I go back and forth with. I got down 2-0, was pretty disappointed that I was missing a little silly stuff, so after racking the third rack I realized I was playing scared, so I was short-stroking everything...made an adjustment (mentally) and waited for my next chance. My opponent broke dry, I ran the table...ending with a nice 8/9 combo. I break dry, he misses the 1, I run out. I break and run. I break and run again, all of a sudden I am up 4-2. I break dry, he makes the 1 and misses...I get to the 7 and play a lock up safety, he misses....game over. 5-2. What a fun weekend....8 ball is in a few weeks and think we should be able to win it all at that one.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
finally got into a league
a valley league, something i never heard of, basically bca

last week was my first up, i made 7,3,8,1,8
the team was said to be one of the better ones, but they werent all killers, they all gave me a few chances and i just made my mental errors like always, im playing better now than ever making alot of improvments this yr

break and run outs in practice are becoming more and more common

tonight is my second go around
i dont care how well the team does, i mean im not gonna worry about how well my team mates do, half of em are 3s lol
im just doing it for the experience of competition and having fun

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man i am glad all my weekends arr not like last week.

Started out good frieay night but went downhill from there...i mean way downhill.

Won 8 ball 4-0 in a 4-4 race

Jumped out to a 32 -10 score on 9 ball in a 46-38 race...lost 38- 39. Aint figured out yet how that happened

Lost 8 ball 5-0 in a 5-3 race

Lost 9 ball to a s/l 1 yea a 1 fellas. Score was 14-45. I only needed one point. Damn what a tough loss.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i won 4 outta 5 tonight, got 38 points of a total of 40
just left 1 ball and the 8 all night!
, beat a real good player that usually beats me in the tournaments
it was a good night for me
with my 75 dollar players sneaky pete

Last edited: