Question for Casual Players

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I got back into the game I'd play at the Main Event near me. $15/hr. I'd practice 1-2 hours at a time.

Now I have a table at home. And the pool hall I go to, 20 min away, has a haphazard charging policy. I don't think they charge regulars.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
slick willies is just 3bucks an hr

6 after 7

theres some action there on the 9fters also

2-3 hrs tops, not because of the money i leave
wife dont like being left to fend for her self with our kids for too long

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
For me it varies from two to five hours, depending upon who shows up, but I seldom pay over three, or four bucks, for the whole deal.
Our poolroom has a special for those who eat lunch. One hour of free pool. Since we've all been playing there for so long the guys who have lunch never pay anything, and those of us who don't split the rest. Pretty good deal.
We always play on table number 10, a GC IV, sometimes. :smile:

Last edited:

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My home room charges $6/hr and I normally just play until I don't feel like playing anymore. They also do a 100/month membership where pool is free until 8PM, at which point it's $3/hr. I typically buy the membership, as all it takes is a couple of days a week for it to be worth it.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By myself 1-2hrs, if I had a partner 5-6hrs (Saturday noonish till 5or 6)
But I have a table at home for daily practice

heltok

Registered
Here in Germany (Berlin to be precise) the hourly table rate is around €4-€8, depending on the place. I usually play between 2 to 5 hours per time.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
$3/hr for league members or $25/month you can play from 11am-7pm every day. I usually stop by on my way home from work and play a few hours with my friends there.I am in their 1 Pocket league.

Lesh

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
When I play, I'm usually gambling. And most of the time I play for 5-8 hours.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room where I play on 9 footers, I pay $1.41 per week ($73.33 annually). I usually play over my lunch hour several times a week for about 40 minutes each session. From May through December, I might make it there on a Saturday morning for a 3 hr session. I will also take some afternoons off to play four hours.

I also play on a Valley table that is closer to the office at times. Usually play 4 or 5 racks at $1 each.