AZB-1P room money MUST be mailed out

T

Timberly

Envelopes MUST be postmarked by tomorrow Sat 12/16. Anything after that will be returned.

T

Timberly

Sweet Marissa said:
Just curious, but why the deadline?
Simply put... because the organizers stated it.
Williebetmore said:
To play, however, requires an advance contribution – send your money to Timberly (I’ll post her address below). We will accept player’s donations until mid-December, NOT AFTERWARDS, NOT AT THE VENUE. All of our expenses are UP FRONT, and no one wants to chase down pool players at the venue – we are not accountants, we are pool fans and players. If you want to play, you MUST send in your donation by mid-December.

Not so simply.... Last yr WBM collected the money and numerous people promised to pay when they got there. He either ended up chasing most of them down for the money or simply didn't get any money at all. Not to mention that he has a family and a job and he was dealing with all of this during the holidays... time better spent with family and enjoying the season IMO.

I told him that I would accept the money this yr and the three of us agreed that there would be a deadline and all money would be paid up front before the holidays.

Christmas is rapidly approaching and I've got a lot that I need to do in my personal life to get ready for it. I've donated my time & energy to this room for the last 7 months between the raffle and collecting the room money. I'm no longer going to answer emails and PM's that ask me the very things that are posted in the sticky thread and I'm not going to collect anymore money. I'm going to focus on the holidays, enjoy the holidays, and then enjoy the private room at the DCC that I've spent the better half of the last yr fundraising & supporting to help ensure that it happens.

Hence the deadline.

People have had months to get their money in. If there's anyone that doesn't agree with the deadline... all I've got to say is A) You should've paid better attention to what was posted in the thread about it and B) Someone else is more than welcome to volunteer to collect the money through the holidays, at the last minute, and chase people down at the venue next yr if they want to.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Timberly said:
Simply put... because the organizers stated it.

Not so simply.... Last yr WBM collected the money and numerous people promised to pay when they got there. He either ended up chasing most of them down for the money or simply didn't get any money at all. Not to mention that he has a family and a job and he was dealing with all of this during the holidays... time better spent with family and enjoying the season IMO.

I told him that I would accept the money this yr and the three of us agreed that there would be a deadline and all money would be paid up front before the holidays.

Christmas is rapidly approaching and I've got a lot that I need to do in my personal life to get ready for it. I've donated my time & energy to this room for the last 7 months between the raffle and collecting the room money. I'm no longer going to answer emails and PM's that ask me the very things that are posted in the sticky thread and I'm not going to collect anymore money. I'm going to focus on the holidays, enjoy the holidays, and then enjoy the private room at the DCC that I've spent the better half of the last yr fundraising & supporting to help ensure that it happens.

Hence the deadline.

People have had months to get their money in. If there's anyone that doesn't agree with the deadline... all I've got to say is A) You should've paid better attention to what was posted in the thread about it and B) Someone else is more than welcome to volunteer to collect the money through the holidays, at the last minute, and chase people down at the venue next yr if they want to.
Sounds good to me! Thanks, and mine will be mailed this weekend!

Purdman

Banned
Actually it is because you folks allowed her to be involved in the first place. Her true colors come out when there is a poolplayers azz to kiss or she has some power. To tell you the truth, I have seen her at work and it is sickening. I was going to go to the DCC this year, however, not with her running anything. I wouldn't go if Timberly was handing out towels in the mens room. I know this ain't gonna make me very popular with those who's azz she is constantly kissing. I just can't take it anymore. If you don't want to do it, don't volunteer for it!! Just stop bit@hing about it.
Purdman

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Purdman said:
Actually it is because you folks allowed her to be involved in the first place. Her true colors come out when there is a poolplayers azz to kiss or she has some power. To tell you the truth, I have seen her at work and it is sickening. I was going to go to the DCC this year, however, not with her running anything. I wouldn't go if Timberly was handing out towels in the mens room. I know this ain't gonna make me very popular with those who's azz she is constantly kissing. I just can't take it anymore. If you don't want to do it, don't volunteer for it!! Just stop bit@hing about it.
Purdman

WOW!

I'll tell ya what guy......I'm glad you're not coming.

You're a reaaal sweetheart.

Have a wonderful holiday season sucking on some lemons.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Purdman said:
Purdman
I wish you would come, Purdman! Pretty, pretty please?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Envelopes MUST be postmarked by tomorrow Sat 12/16. Anything after that will be returned.

I am still trying to get a pass from the wife and work. I've finished renovating the apartment and the wife is impressed. We've already got a tenant for it and she is happy. Do you think I have a pass to go?

Apparently it is too late to send money to be part of the AZ Room or player's group.

I enjoyed participating last year and wish you all a good time. If you have never been to the AZ Room, even if you didn't send in your money, you should stop by and say HI. Just don't try and play on their pool table or you may get your knuckles rapped or a heel on your head. :)
JoeyA

T

Timberly

Purdman said:
Purdman
WOW, this is really interesting to say the least. I've never been anything but nice to you and up until this point, you were always nice to me. I find your observation of me at the open just as interesting. I pretty much split my time between hanging out with Sally at the picnic table or watching tournament matches.

Since you have no problem making statements such as "Her true colors come out when there is a poolplayers azz to kiss or she has some power. To tell you the truth, I have seen her at work and it is sickening", then I'm sure you'll have no problem providing examples of this? :confused:

FWIW, you're welcome for the pics of you and John that I took at the Open and emailed to you and you're welcome for my always being nice to you. Have yourself a Merry Christmas.

Purdman

Banned
Timberly said:
WOW, this is really interesting to say the least. I've never been anything but nice to you and up until this point, you were always nice to me. I find your observation of me at the open just as interesting. I pretty much split my time between hanging out with Sally at the picnic table or watching tournament matches.

Since you have no problem making statements such as "Her true colors come out when there is a poolplayers azz to kiss or she has some power. To tell you the truth, I have seen her at work and it is sickening", then I'm sure you'll have no problem providing examples of this? :confused:

FWIW, you're welcome for the pics of you and John that I took at the Open and emailed to you and you're welcome for my always being nice to you. Have yourself a Merry Christmas.

You were thanked for the pic gal, however, you never said thanks for the $200 ticket you were provided (so you could post results) nor did you have a word to say to me until John won. My only problem is this, if you are going to volenteer for something, just do it and stop complaining. You act like the whole DCC is run around you. I hope you have a great holiday.
Purdman

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I've been involved in activities where I had to keep track of money and chase people down for the cash etc. I tell ya what, it aint easy. Your comments really suprised me Don. I'm shocked.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Cash keeper Job

Hal said:
I've been involved in activities where I had to keep track of money and chase people down for the cash etc. I tell ya what, it aint easy. Your comments really suprised me Don. I'm shocked.

It's an un-appreciated job to say the least. :(
JoeyA

T

Timberly

Purdman said:
You were thanked for the pic gal, however, you never said thanks for the $200 ticket you were provided (so you could post results) nor did you have a word to say to me until John won. My only problem is this, if you are going to volenteer for something, just do it and stop complaining. You act like the whole DCC is run around you. I hope you have a great holiday.
Purdman
So that no one here misunderstands.... I had my own ticket to the Open. You sent me a PM saying that someone had bought VIP tickets and couldn't make it and you asked if I wanted to use them. (note to self.. never delete another PM w/o saving it on my computer first) I
thanked you in the PM for offering me the use of the ticket. You also offered the use of this ticket to other members. Knowing that you had offered the use of said ticket to other people and the fact that I don't like to sit at the tv table all the time, I even asked if you wanted the ticket back so that you could share it with others. Never once was anything said about posting results and that was why you were sharing it with me. There was no internet connection at the venue and I had to pay to have it in my hotel room. I spent maybe 4 hrs a night in my room so I opted not to get the internet.

I talked to you numerous times through out the week. The first night when you gave me the ticket, then there was the time that I actually sat next to you to watch a match before you decided you couldn't watch anymore, there was the time that you were talking to Skins... you were the one that introduced me to skins. If I saw you on my way out to the picnic table or back to the toruney room from the picnic table, I would give you an update on how John was doing. The pic I took of you and John was in the middle of the week... all of this stuff happened prior to John's win. I saw you right after he won, got him to sign your tournament pass, and then saw you for a few min at the pool room when you were there to collect your winnings. It's beyond me how you can say that I had nothing to do with you until John won.

I do not act as if the whole DCC is run around me, I just happen to be the most vocal on here about it because I was the one collecting the money for the raffle and the room. I actually don't get a chance to spend too much time in the room because I work at the InsidePOOL booth during the DCC. In the whole time that I did the raffle and while I was accepting money for the room, I never complained. A lot of people did not read the detailed information that myself & WBM provided and while I found it annoying at times, I always politely answered the questions. Once we hit the deadline for the money and I was trying to focus on Christmas along with dealing with my insurance company and doctors because of my wreck, I decided to say something. All I did was remind people that there was in fact a deadline and that I needed them to stick to it as closely as possible and to please read the information provided. After working on this for the last 7 or 8 months and never saying a word prior, I think speaking up about it at deadline time is within reason.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Timberly said:
... I think speaking up about it at deadline time is within reason.

T-girl,
I think your assessment is quite accurate. Count me as one who has NO IDEA what the Purdman is talking about. Thanks for all of your hard work - I read all of your posts and see nothing to criticize in this regard.

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Timberly, I don't even like reading an explaination from you because there's no need to give one.

You did a THANKLESS job this year....I hope people realize it was the...whole year...not just something in a week.

For someone to make asinine personal comments like he did shows the class he really has......NONE.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Timberly, many of us are very thankful for all of the time that you have spent doing more than you part in organizing the AZ room. I found the post from Don to be harsh, but that is par for the course on most message boards.

I do not know the history between you and the Purdman and I do not need to know. I can only say that he most likely speaks for a very small minority of the posters on AZ.

Thanks for all of the time and energy you have spent. Looking forward to seeing many AZ'ers this year.

JBK

Last edited:
T

Timberly

Sweet Marissa said:
I think Don is allowed to speak his opinion without being attacked for it.

Anyway, the only person who should be addressing his post is Timberly.
I have nothing else to say in regards to his post but in regards to your post... Because he posted his opinion in a public thread, he left it open to both criticism and praise. Some will agree with him and some will not. Anyone that has any feelings about it either way shouldn't be chastised for sharing their thoughts on it because he posted it in an open, public thread. JMO