What Would Happen If...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
If the cash was not posted for this "match" it would make an interesting discussion. It sure is a lot easier to talk about money in just numbers than actually pulling that cash out of your pocket. Kinda the same when purchasing something, it sure is easy to sign a piece of paper to complete a sale for $3500, taking that $3500 in cash out of your pocket at time of sale rally males you think about it, at least for me. I cant help but wonder if thats what went on here.
To stay on topic, I dont think my wife would divorce me but I would be in a heap of $h1t for an extended period of time and she would never let me forget about it. I would also be busting my butt to get every penny back and then some for my poor decision making.

P.S. does anyone know if this match is on video and where it can be found??

This is precisely the trick behind credit cards...making money much easier to spend than actually having to lay out the cash. Use your cards as if they were cash, you're not as likely to end up in trouble. There's a name credit card companies use for people like me who pay in full every month yet use the discounts and other things they offer customers....deadbeats.

Proud of being a deadbeat and also proud of being considered a nit because I don't play pool for money.

To each their own...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is precisely the trick behind credit cards...making money much easier to spend than actually having to lay out the cash. Use your cards as if they were cash, you're not as likely to end up in trouble. There's a name credit card companies use for people like me who pay in full every month yet use the discounts and other things they offer customers....deadbeats.

Proud of being a deadbeat and also proud of being considered a nit because I don't play pool for money.

To each their own...

We pay off our credit card every month to a zero balance.

It's the only way to go.

Lou Figueroa

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James 2:13
"For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment."

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
today's English lesson...

gloat
crow
exult
rejoice
relish
celebrate
glory
triumph
vaunt
whoop
rub it in

absolute
bottomless
boundless
enormous
eternal
everlasting
immeasurable
immense
incalculable
inexhaustible
interminable
never-ending
perpetual
unending
untold
vast
million
total
all-embracing
enduring
illimitable
incessant
inestimable
measureless
no end of
no end to
numberless
perdurable
sempiternal
stupendous
supertemporal
supreme
unbounded
uncounted
wide
without limit
without number

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gloat
crow
exult
rejoice
relish
celebrate
glory
triumph
vaunt
whoop
rub it in

absolute
bottomless
boundless
enormous
eternal
everlasting
immeasurable
immense
incalculable
inexhaustible
interminable
never-ending
perpetual
unending
untold
vast
million
total
all-embracing
enduring
illimitable
incessant
inestimable
measureless
no end of
no end to
numberless
perdurable
sempiternal
stupendous
supertemporal
supreme
unbounded
uncounted
wide
without limit
without number

It's got to be too early for vodka...

Lou Figueroa
or is it?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's got to be too early for vodka...

Lou Figueroa
or is it?

never too early for a bloody mary...;)

attempted disguise as an academic exercise, you know, Lou, that you're just introducing a little more salt into the cut.

I get it that it's hard for you to pass up these opportunities.

best,
brian kc

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never too early for a bloody mary...;)

attempted disguise as an academic exercise, you know, Lou, that you're just introducing a little more salt into the cut.

I get it that it's hard for you to pass up these opportunities.

best,
brian kc

As I explained a little earlier in this thread, I thought it was an interesting question and still do -- that's it.

And, as much as you might try and drape it with ulterior motives, I'm telling you there is not. Now, if you really want to insist on your interpretation and are concerned about any salt in any wounds, perhaps, just maybe, you might consider letting this thread die instead of bumping it up to the top of the first page. I know you're buddies with John and all but you're way off the mark on this.

Lou Figueroa

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
As I explained a little earlier in this thread, I thought it was an interesting question and still do -- that's it.

And, as much as you might try and drape it with ulterior motives, I'm telling you there is not. Now, if you really want to insist on your interpretation and are concerned about any salt in any wounds, perhaps, just maybe, you might consider letting this thread die instead of bumping it up to the top of the first page. I know you're buddies with John and all but you're way off the mark on this.

Lou Figueroa

Motives aside, you're a smart guy. Lou. At minimum you had to know that the net effect of a thread like this would be a little more shaming in John's direction.

You start a thread like this then you want to admonish me for expressing my opinion on it, that I shouldn't be bumping it? Are you serious?

As for my being buddies with John, I honestly try to be friends with everyone. I even consider you a friend though we respectfully disagree from time to time.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Motives aside, you're a smart guy. Lou. At minimum you had to know that the net effect of a thread like this would be a little more shaming in John's direction.

You start a shitty thread like this then you want to admonish me for expressing my opinion on it, that I shouldn't be bumping it? Are you serious?

As for my being buddies with John, I honestly try to be friends with everyone. I even consider you a friend though we can respectfully disagree from time to time.

best,
brian kc

I disagree about shaming anyone.

Gambling is a part of pool for a large segment of the population here, so the topic, regardless of its impetus, is not only germane to a lot of folks here, it is obvious from the thoughtful and humorous responses that others found the topic worth commenting on without mention of anyone else.

Again -- my intent had nothing to do with John. Now, if some, such as yourself, want to interpret it that way there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It's like saying a thread on rails is another slam against Glenn, or a LD thread being a slam against manufacturers.

Two last things: my point about bumping is that you wail about this thread yet go and give it more visibility by posting. If all you wanted to do was express your opinion to me, certainly my PM box is not that full (I think). And, I want you to think back to the issue of another $10K and how, despite my own personal recollection and those of the two guys with me, I tried as best I could to carve out room for your side of the story, your recollection, and give you the benefit of the doubt. You don't seem willing to do the same for me so I may have to rethink that.

Lou Figueroa

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I disagree about shaming anyone.

Gambling is a part of pool for a large segment of the population here, so the topic, regardless of its impetus, is not only germane to a lot of folks here, it is obvious from the thoughtful and humorous responses that others found the topic worth commenting on without mention of anyone else.

Again -- my intent had nothing to do with John. Now, if some, such as yourself, want to interpret it that way there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It's like saying a thread on rails is another slam against Glenn, or a LD thread being a slam against manufacturers.

Two last things: my point about bumping is that you wail about this thread yet go and give it more visibility by posting. If all you wanted to do was express your opinion to me, certainly my PM box is not that full (I think). And, I want you to think back to the issue of another $10K and how, despite my own personal recollection and those of the two guys with me, I tried as best I could to carve out room for your side of the story, your recollection, and give you the benefit of the doubt. You don't seem willing to do the same for me so I may have to rethink that.

Lou Figueroa

on the heels of John losing $40k in his match and you posting more than 70 times in the thread that was created about it then you started this new thread asking what would happen if we lost $40k in a pool match, it's not unreasonable to conclude there is a connection.

I will gladly give you the benefit of the doubt that further shaming of John wasn't your intent but the net effect is the net effect.

And that you are an intelligent guy, you had to know this would be the case.

I'll leave you with the last word and thanks for hearing my viewpoint.

best,
brian kc

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the heels of John losing $40k in his match and you posting more than 70 times in the thread that was created about it then you started this new thread asking what would happen if we lost $40k in a pool match, it's not unreasonable to conclude there is a connection.

I will gladly give you the benefit of the doubt that further shaming of John wasn't your intent but the net effect is the net effect.

And that you are an intelligent guy, you had to know this would be the case.

I'll leave you with the last word and thanks for hearing my viewpoint.

best,
brian kc

Let me see if I have this right.

John gets himself into a match and ends up showing poor judgement and money management and loses a significant amount of money. But he streams the whole match.

Then, John puts up not one, but two videos totaling 50 minutes, rationalizing his actions. Many of us, myself included, suggest to him to take the videos down but he chooses not to.

John then willing participates with over 70 posts, in a week-long thread, that gets almost 20,000 views. All the while, he hands out insults and calls it good publicity for himself and his brand.

But according to you, after all of this, I am suppose to be conscious of and concerned with the possibility that this thread is shameful to JB?

Lou Figueroa