Gold Crown I Barn Find - Tangerine

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before after.jpg
There she is. Almost a year of restoration and waiting.

AZB had a large hand in getting it set up. This table is the brother of Rexus31's GC.

New paint, powder coat castings, trim and feet, sourced skirts from Trent, new light from Rexus31 and his fil Tom, cue rack from AZB user Deacon, triangle rack and hardware from xianmacx, and last but not least...

Subrail extension and overhaul, new cushions, slate leveled, new cloth by Steve Leistikow .
collage.jpg

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
another member of the old but good (great) GC family! :thumbup:

Looks terrific!

Enjoy, pocket. :cool:

best,
brian kc

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outstanding!! Love the old retro look of the painted GC's.
Kinda like the "56 Chevy's & T-Birds.
You got a real handsome winner there. Enjoy.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
BAM! That looks AMAZING! You and Rexus did some serious work and the outcome clearly shows that. High Fives/Positive Vibes!!!!

TFT:thumbup:

View attachment 547977

AZB had a large hand in getting it set up. This table is the brother of Rexus31's GC.

New paint, powder coat castings, trim and feet, sourced skirts from Trent, new light from Rexus31 and his fil Tom, cue rack from AZB user Deacon, triangle rack and hardware from xianmacx, and last but not least...

Subrail extension and overhaul, new cushions, slate leveled, new cloth by Steve Leistikow .
View attachment 547976

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Nice job! I couldn't go the retro route on mine as it just did-not-fit the room. But I do appreciate the look, sentiment,and certainly the work. :thumbup2:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the kind comments. There were times during this process where I thought I'd never have a completed table. It's so cool to open the door and see that setup waiting for me to punish the rails!

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 547977

View attachment 547976

Beautiful job. Love the light too.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
for those maybe considering restoring or paying to have one restored compared to a new table can you:

give a rough idea what you have in costs of

1. parts
2. your time or hours
3. paid costs to others for work done.

thanks it may mean a lot to some as a starting point.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for those maybe considering restoring or paying to have one restored compared to a new table can you:

give a rough idea what you have in costs of

1. parts
2. your time or hours

thanks it may mean a lot to some as a starting point.

I'll do the best I can from memory.

1. parts
Table $400, Skirts $250, Paint $200 ish
2. your time or hours
Too many to guess. 8-9 months, some was waiting to have rail work and assembly completed.
Powder coating $250 (not counting the $250 I got ripped off by a shitty vendor)
$1500 for cloth, rail calibration, new rubber, and installation.

I think Rexus 31 has a breakdown for his restore that may be better than mine. Look for his Barn Find thread or the thread with his finished table.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It 100% would not have been as nice a restore without your help. Appreciate it! Now, can you stop spending my money?

You are welcome, sir!

Stop spending your money? I've only just begun. The wife will have an entirely remodeled house once I'm done busting your pool budget!