Take 2 weeks off then sell your cues......

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I quit pool but this lock down is giving me the urge to play again but part of me says that I may play again and quit again.

I'm actually looking to buy a cue in the 4k range but if I can't find one before the lock down is over then I'm keeping the money plus the stimulus. A lot of money floating out there due to stimulus but no cues. Sellers are not taking advantage of all this money. It will be spent and we move on.

No cues to be had or at least I can't find any I like.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
For me, it depends on whether or not my favorite pool hall is able to reopen after having been closed for so long. I don't drink, don't like poorly maintained Valley bar boxes...the only tables in my town. Before the shutdown, I'd make 80 miles long round trips once a week to play on a well maintained 9' table.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I quit pool but this lock down is giving me the urge to play again but part of me says that I may play again and quit again.

I'm actually looking to buy a cue in the 4k range but if I can't find one before the lock down is over then I'm keeping the money plus the stimulus. A lot of money floating out there due to stimulus but no cues. Sellers are not taking advantage of all this money. It will be spent and we move on.

No cues to be had or at least I can't find any I like.
Its heart warming to know that those currently successful and virtually everyone's children or grandchildren are able to provide that money so people can buy such nice things.

Sent from the future.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its heart warming to know that those currently successful and virtually everyone's children or grandchildren are able to provide that money so people can buy such nice things.

Sent from the future.

I'm an essential worker so I'm still working we're just closing the office for walk-ins.

Trying my best.

The lock down made me reflect on my pool game and I want to come back. Maybe I should just wait.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Ah, the joy of having a home table and time to spend on it :thumbup:

Dave <-- cues are NOT for sale :p

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I suspect there’s been an increase in home table sales...going by a bunch of pics online.
...I just got a buddy an hour ago to call a billiard supply place...he felt they were closed..
...he’s got no room for even a 7-footer, but he’s going to shove it against a wall...
...he gets one side and two ends to shoot on.....he made the deal...now he’s happy.

DaveK

Silver Member
I suspect there’s been an increase in home table sales...going by a bunch of pics online.
...I just got a buddy an hour ago to call a billiard supply place...he felt they were closed..
...he’s got no room for even a 7-footer, but he’s going to shove it against a wall...
...he gets one side and two ends to shoot on.....he made the deal...now he’s happy.

I had a friend (RIP Bradley) who did the same, had fun hitting balls in his small living room :thumbup:

Dave

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member

I too have a home table, 9ft GC2......but nobody comes over to play, and I can only play 9-ball against myself or practice drills so much....its quite boring... One of the best things about pool is the camaraderie with your pals that come over to play.

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a auto shop metal building 50x30 me and dad built in 93 , and i told him i wanted room for a 9 foot . so i found a brand new big gandy for hardly nothing . guy was gonna open up pool hall bought all these tables . wife cheating on him . plans gone . but me and my buddies would play all the time . problem was in summer to hot ,winter to cold . so ive lost both my parents .and we moved into the house i grew up in , and the basement is being fixed up im gonna put a table down there . i font have friends so its me and the dogs .

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No time off away from the table - coming back stronger than ever. With more cues and ball sets

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My budget was 5k and looking for 6 point Black Boar. That’s my max budget that I was going to send a check tomorrow. I was informed and educated that I will not find one. So BB is out of question.

So I dropped my budget to 4.5k max and got a lot of Tascarella’s that I didn’t like from members.

Today my max is 4K and I get more varieties but not my specs.

Market is so dead that I’m going to eventually settle for a 1.5k Mezz?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I too have a home table, 9ft GC2......but nobody comes over to play, and I can only play 9-ball against myself or practice drills so much....its quite boring... One of the best things about pool is the camaraderie with your pals that come over to play.

Play straight pool....keep trying to beat your high run....you’ll get to like it.

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My budget was 5k and looking for 6 point Black Boar. That’s my max budget that I was going to send a check tomorrow. I was informed and educated that I will not find one. So BB is out of question.

So I dropped my budget to 4.5k max and got a lot of Tascarella’s that I didn’t like from members.

Today my max is 4K and I get more varieties but not my specs.

Market is so dead that I’m going to eventually settle for a 1.5k Mezz?

I have a Lambros I would sell. Also possible a Scruggs.

DaveK

Silver Member

I can play solo without issue, and for me it's the game not the camaraderie. Everyone is different .... or so people keep telling me :eek: :smilewinkgrin:

Dave

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

I used to have a very good friend and we would take turns every week hosting one another for about three hours of pool on our home tables.

It was the most fun I've ever had playing pool.

Sadly, he moved far enough away that we don't see each other anymore. If I lived close to you, we'd be enjoying playing one another as often as you liked.

Maniac

Last edited: