Simonis X-1 Cleaner

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Has anyone used this product? Simonis-x-1-pool-table-cloth-cleaner. Is it worth it?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Worth it? Eh. Vacuum lightly and you’ll be ok.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used this product? Simonis-x-1-pool-table-cloth-cleaner. Is it worth it?
No, I got one but hardly ever use it. After vacuuming our tables, the only thing the X-1 will basically do is if you run nice even lines up and down your table with it, you'll see the lines, kind of like a freshly cut golf green. In no way will using the X-1 replace the need to vacuum all the chalk dust and other dust off your table. It just might be a little easier to use if you don't have the time to get out and use the shop vac, but it won't do as good a job as the shop vac.

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
no. i have one, and it is very ineffective, not mention silly amount of money for what it is.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have it and find it useful for "touchups" or "spot trearments "
what i mean lets say there some chalk marks around the table or some powder got on the table and i dont feel like vacumomg the whole table i will use the x-1 to clean up those areas and it works well imho
i still have to vacuum the table regularly and lightly wash down with a microfiber cloth from time to time

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve used mine almost daily for several years. The only way to effectively clean a table in literally under 5 minutes.

No it’s not a substitute for a thorough cleaning but the only alternative is to use a traditional brush on the cloth which is not removing chalk dust, just pushing it around.

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd brush first and then use the X-1 if you don't have a vacuum cleaner. Thats what i do. When my mechanic puts new cloth on a lot of times he mentions how I don't seem to have much dust on the slate.

r/DCP

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
No. I bought one and sold it at a loss. Vacuum and microfiber cloth does better. It is basically just a microfiber rag with a handle

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one and it is one of the items I wasted money on. Later I found this small vacuum cleaner with a 6m (~20 ft) cord, a couple of brushes for about 1/3 of the price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLATRONIC-...222485&hash=item35e242be6d:g:2LwAAOSwyW5a-p-M

Works a lot better in actually the same or less time. Stays plugged in the wall socket in the pool room. I am sure you can find different models which work just as good. Don't take one running on battery since those rechargeable batteries usually don't last more than a year or so. Also, take one with a long power cord. Doesn't take up a lot more room than the Simonis.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one and it is one of the items I wasted money on. Later I found this small vacuum cleaner with a 6m (~20 ft) cord, a couple of brushes for about 1/3 of the price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLATRONIC-...222485&hash=item35e242be6d:g:2LwAAOSwyW5a-p-M

Works a lot better in actually the same or less time. Stays plugged in the wall socket in the pool room. I am sure you can find different models which work just as good. Don't take one running on battery since those rechargeable batteries usually don't last more than a year or so. Also, take one with a long power cord. Doesn't take up a lot more room than the Simonis.
We use a 2.5 gallon, 2.5 horsepower small shopvac ($30), with some 6" shoe brush attachments ($11 each), to go with it - will do a great job! That's what we use for our pool tables in here, and we have as many shopvac brushes as we have tables, so that we can start with a clean brush on every table. It takes no more than 30 minutes to do 10 tables, and another 15 minutes to completely clean out and hot soak the 10 brushes before starting.

Last edited:

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Thank You

Thank you for your responses. I have made up my mind not to buy. Thank you again. :):):):)

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the closure to the thread
lots of times you never know if the op read his thread or not

I first use a Dyson Vaccum, then horse hair rail brush to get ubder rails, then full bush and finish with a x cleaner brush. I the us the x device to touch up. My centennial has 860hr and suoerspeed. It is perfect and I think the x cleaner is great.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have one

I got one about 3 years ago and have only used it a few times. I find a micro fleece towel does as good or better a job of picking up chalk and I can rinse them in the deep sink and toss in the wash machine.

I mainly use a small vacuum cleaner and micro fleece towels, works good.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I bought one and sold it at a loss. Vacuum and microfiber cloth does better. It is basically just a microfiber rag with a handle

I know of one person who swears by the X-1, but i agree with this post. A micro fiber cloth will pick up chalk even after a vacuum is used. I use to slightly dampen the cloth before using but recently have done it dry and it works great IMO!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone that I know that has one says they regret buying it. Weak vacuum and microfiber all in one direction toward the head string (rack end) of table.