1p- what's the shot? I am stumped

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First shot after the break...I go no idea.

I am literally waiting to shoot now, so hurry the f up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,717

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take it you are playing someone else and they broke, didn't make anything, and your pocket is the top left (where there are no balls). Best thing I see is cut the 11 towards the side and put the cue ball back close to the same position it's in now.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) Shoot thru the 12 (top english) to land on the bottom rail under the 9

2) take a foul and land on the 4 off of the 3

3) land on the 7 off of the 2

r

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternate view:

You can lose fast or slow, or you can take one 40% shot at reversing the game. If you succeed you instill a little fear. If you fail, you get to the next rack sooner.

This is my shot (gotta hit this one firm, so that you either get a ball over to your side or at least open up a banking lane):

Attachments

• For BB.JPG
    For BB.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,628

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Assuming that your opponent has the pocket with the 9 ball hanging...

I would point and yell "Is that Justin Bieber behind you?!" Then, quickly put the cb between the 9 and the pocket. Make sure you freeze him on the ball.

Eric

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys rock...a friggin smorgass bored of replies!

I tried to shoot the 3 off the 10 and stick cb on the 4. The three was directed to carom into the 8 and move some nuggets to my side.

cb trickled forward though and I left a shot. Good news is that I was playing with myself:eek: and ran 8 out from there.

It was a damn good break, I wish I broke like that more often.

An for le record: I choose Lenny's shot next time. Super simple and executable 90%, IMO. Especially on my own table.

Thanks again.
:bow-down:

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd attempt to play the 12-15 with follow to put the cue ball in the corner under the 9.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Take a foul roll up slow on the 2 and 7 and hope you get something to look at next inning.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe stun the 2 with the ever slightest angle, the 2 goes between the 8 and 12 and freeze the cue ball to the 7 or just behind it. the 2 may kick out the 14. just a light stun with a little draw maybe.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First shot after the break...I go no idea.

I am literally waiting to shoot now, so hurry the f up.

I've got the nuts of a shot for ya BB. Play the six ball and run out. I'd do a slight masse between six and eleven, to the bottom rail coming off just right so u go into the nine banking it back to into the six making it with cue ball going into the fourteen ball leaving a safety with perfect shape on eleven ball and then it's off to the races! That's exactly what I would try ( for real if not playing for too much :) )

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Intentional fouls are no good because your opponent can foul you back to where you were. I would probably play the 5 ball softly to the rail with a slight cut and try to freeze to the 12 or get it very close to frozen.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a foul roll up slow on the 2 and 7 and hope you get something to look at next inning.

I liked this idea also , the only thing is I would not hit the 2 because that keeps him from being able to shoot into the only ball near my hole , the 5 and drawing back into the stack.
So I would just roll up on the 7
I also like an intentional scratch, rolling into the 3 soft and lightly caroming closer to the 4 ball. not even wanting the 4 to move.
I know Scott shoots those caroms a lot and Efren but for most people it's a give up shot.
Lennys shot is probably best for most people, although if you don't freeze on the rail, they might roll you over into the corner pocket and snooker you , which would put you on 2 and in a world of crap.

Last edited: