Cue Case's with PVC tubes , need replacement liners?

jack 195

Banned
I called all the major dealers, they're very expensive.
where can I get generic liners, bargain priced?

Attachments

• black tubes.jpg
    black tubes.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 349

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Case Liner Tubing

Hello,

There is a thin wall PVC pipe made by Charlotte Pipe, this is not your schedule 40 pipe.

Home Depot carrys it only in their warmer climate stores such as Florida, I assume because of it's thin wall.

Here are the SKU numbers:

2827477 - 3/4"
Specs. 1.05" OD x .93" ID x 10' Long

312975 - 1 1/4"
Specs. 1.66" OD x 1.532" ID x 10' Long

I live in the upper midwest and Home Depot does not carry because of our cold climate.

BBC

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mean the fabric over the tube? You make one with a sewing machine and felt.

I would never recommend felt. I know it has and currently is being used, but its too rough IMO.

Buy a yard of something like this.
http://www.joann.com/signature-seri...ml?green=41C4BB9E-FC55-58ED-0CE9-BA6AA3FF117C

The irrigation pipe from above is pretty standard. So for that size pipe, you will need to cut the fabric into 4" strips for the shaft pipes, and 6" strips for the butts 42" or so long . Fold them face to face, and sew them closed.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I would never recommend felt. I know it has and currently is being used, but its too rough IMO.

Buy a yard of something like this.
http://www.joann.com/signature-seri...ml?green=41C4BB9E-FC55-58ED-0CE9-BA6AA3FF117C

The irrigation pipe from above is pretty standard. So for that size pipe, you will need to cut the fabric into 4" strips for the shaft pipes, and 6" strips for the butts 42" or so long . Fold them face to face, and sew them closed.

I know, I just mentioned a generic word from my phone, was too lazy to type. There are a lot of great options for cues that are lightweight and sturdy, while smoother enough for cue finishes

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did this a few years ago with an old instroke case. You will have to take the entire case apart because the original liner is taped to the bottom of tube. A big PITA, but it is dooable. Like everyone else said just get your material you can use sewing tape or glue if you don't have a sewing machine.

If you don't tape the sleeve at the bottom of the tube one of two things will happen. 1 - you will just pull the entire liner out of the tube in a few weeks when you pull your cue out. 2- your cue will get jammed in the case.

Use a bunch of baby powder to get all the tubes back into the case if you decide to go that route...and a rubber mallet.