The single most overlooked part of game play: kicking

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told many years ago:

"Find what works and go from there but, never take the, "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality, because that is settling and not striving for improvement"

Jeff

I like it..my dad said similar, his quote was, "upgrade":thumbup:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even find my left hand (right handed). If not for extensions and a bridge, I would be dead in the water.

I try ever now and then to shoot off handed. It's truly the hardest thing I've ever experienced in pool.

Jeff

I hear ya! It was hard for me at first also. I used to work night shift. My nights off were spent playing in the basement while everyone else slept.

I spent at least 5 nights off shooting nothing but left hand. The first two nights were rough. You couldnt imagine how many miscues and missed balls I had. After that, it started feeling pretty good. Then I even started breaking left handed. It's not pretty, but i can do it.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear ya! It was hard for me at first also. I used to work night shift. My nights off were spent playing in the basement while everyone else slept.

I spent at least 5 nights off shooting nothing but left hand. The first two nights were rough. You couldnt imagine how many miscues and missed balls I had. After that, it started feeling pretty good. Then I even started breaking left handed. It's not pretty, but i can do it.

I've never dedicated that much effort to shooting off handed.

After I recover from my surgeries I may have to give it another go. Maybe I just didn't put enough work into off handed play.

Thanks for the incentive.

It's funny how we find encouragement in places we least expect.

Again, thanks.

Jeff

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never dedicated that much effort to shooting off handed.

After I recover from my surgeries I may have to give it another go. Maybe I just didn't put enough work into off handed play.

Thanks for the incentive.

It's funny how we find encouragement in places we least expect.

Again, thanks.

Jeff

Its not easy. I still practice at it. But you can become proficient enough you'll start leaving the rake on the rack.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went in a different direction. I learned to shoot left handed. I'm to the point now where I'm just about as accurate left-handed as right-handed. My only big flaw shooting left-handed is speed control. Being able to shoot both hands is a huge Advantage at the pool table. There is only one spot at Each corner pocket where I can't reach with either hand. Then I have to resort to the Moosehead.

Cool. I'm on a 9' table and I learned as a kid playing snooker exclusively. Using the mechanical bridge is automatic for me. Just a matter of taking a couple seconds to get it and the put it away.