Anyone purchased a REVO CUSTOM?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered and received my Predator SP2-3. For the shaft, I optioned for a White vault plate, 29" length, a Navigator Black Extra Soft. I haven't been able to practice with it, yet. As like with others, I chose the WVP, for better sighting.

Out of curiosity:

How much does the shaft weigh?
Where is the shaft's balance point when measuring from the joint end?
How far from the joint end are the weights placed in the shaft?
How many inches (approximately) do the weights span inside the shaft?
What is the pin type?
Whats the diameter?

I realize that's a lot of questions and if you don't take or have time to find out I understand.

Either way, enjoy the cue.

Jeff

Empty403

Registered
Out of curiosity:

How much does the shaft weigh?
Where is the shaft's balance point when measuring from the joint end?
How far from the joint end are the weights placed in the shaft?
How many inches (approximately) do the weights span inside the shaft?
What is the pin type?
Whats the diameter?

I realize that's a lot of questions and if you don't take or have time to find out I understand.

Either way, enjoy the cue.

Jeff

1. 117 grams (grams was more accurate than the 4.1oz measured in ounces)
2. 9 1/16" from the edge of the carbon base, give or take 1/16"
3. I cannot tell. I tried using a magnet but it doesn't stick anywhere.
4. Same answer as in 3
5. Uni-Loc (it's a Predator SP2)
6. 12.9mm

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. 117 grams (grams was more accurate than the 4.1oz measured in ounces)
2. 9 1/16" from the edge of the carbon base, give or take 1/16"
3. I cannot tell. I tried using a magnet but it doesn't stick anywhere.
4. Same answer as in 3
5. Uni-Loc (it's a Predator SP2)
6. 12.9mm

thanks for taking the time to answer those questions.

Your shaft weighing 4.1 oz should have at least a small amount of weight added by way of weight bolts somewhere in the shaft.

Since it's a quick release joint the weights may be very small or even be a type of material that magnets aren't drawn to.

My revo is radial so it has more added weights and they are extremely easy to find.

I've heard others with quick release say they could not get a magnet to find any weights in shaft.

One more question:

If you will, whats the pivot point on your shaft?

The average revo's pivot point is 18" to 19".

I've tested a few revo's that had pivot points in the 15" to 16" range which means they are not as low in deflection as they are supposed to be. Some like cues with a bit more deflection so they actually want them that way.

The pivot point on my revo is 23" which is much lower than any revo I've tested or heard of.

At predator, they insisted that I am mistaken but I certainly know how to find the pivot point on a cue.

Anyways, it just seems interesting to know their product varies that much.

If more people knew about this, some of them would probably be checking the weight and pivot points before purchasing.

Then again, it's hard to try them in some area due to lack of dealers.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll sell you a carbon fiber tube, 12.4, 30" long and you can make it any weight you want. $80 paypal, I pay shipping and fees.
Terry Aeschliman Galveston Indiana 765 434 5131

I meant to call you yesterday.

When I wake this evening I'm gonna do my darndest to remember.

Again, thanks a ton.

Jeff

Empty403

Registered
thanks for taking the time to answer those questions.

Your shaft weighing 4.1 oz should have at least a small amount of weight added by way of weight bolts somewhere in the shaft.

Since it's a quick release joint the weights may be very small or even be a type of material that magnets aren't drawn to.

My revo is radial so it has more added weights and they are extremely easy to find.

I've heard others with quick release say they could not get a magnet to find any weights in shaft.

One more question:

If you will, whats the pivot point on your shaft?

The average revo's pivot point is 18" to 19".

I've tested a few revo's that had pivot points in the 15" to 16" range which means they are not as low in deflection as they are supposed to be. Some like cues with a bit more deflection so they actually want them that way.

The pivot point on my revo is 23" which is much lower than any revo I've tested or heard of.

At predator, they insisted that I am mistaken but I certainly know how to find the pivot point on a cue.

Anyways, it just seems interesting to know their product varies that much.

If more people knew about this, some of them would probably be checking the weight and pivot points before purchasing.

Then again, it's hard to try them in some area due to lack of dealers.

Jeff

I believe I won't be able to test the pivot point for quite awhile.