Balabushka Tribute Cue

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my second solo conversion. Made from what I believe is some type of mahogany. Like a lot of you, I can not afford an original, so I decided to try my hand at making one. This was my first ...successful...taper pass, my first successful shaft and probably one of my best finish jobs. I decided to make the shaft 30", I figure if I want a 29" shaft later, it won't be an issue. The shaft was made from a vintage one piece house cue. My hats off to ALL the Cue makers out there, because this work is not easy. I've had quite a few of you that have been generous enough to share your knowledge with me and I so greatly appreciate that. I'll be winding down this venture in the near future and will be parting ways with ALL my shop equipment so stay tuned. A few more things to close out and I'm going to call it a success.

Cheers,
Tony

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Shame to call it quits when it looks like you build a nice cue.
I really like this one.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is my second solo conversion. Made from what I believe is some type of mahogany. Like a lot of you, I can not afford an original, so I decided to try my hand at making one. This was my first ...successful...taper pass, my first successful shaft and probably one of my best finish jobs. I decided to make the shaft 30", I figure if I want a 29" shaft later, it won't be an issue. The shaft was made from a vintage one piece house cue. My hats off to ALL the Cue makers out there, because this work is not easy. I've had quite a few of you that have been generous enough to share your knowledge with me and I so greatly appreciate that. I'll be winding down this venture in the near future and will be parting ways with ALL my shop equipment so stay tuned. A few more things to close out and I'm going to call it a success.

Cheers,
Tony

View attachment 553554

View attachment 553555

View attachment 553556

View attachment 553557

View attachment 553558

Nice job LK. :cool:

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for ALL the kind comments. I am completely flabbergasted on the number of people that have asked me about selling this cue. So I want to address the question. I only took up this endeavor with the hopes of making myself (1) keeper pool cue. I have three more pool cues that I need to finish in the coming weeks before I sell ALL my shop equipment. At that time I will decide which one I want to keep. The Balabushka will be hard for me to eclipse, but I do have some close runner-ups. Besides, I seriously doubt my pool cues would garner much as I'm a complete unknown. I do believe it to be a high quality pool cue as I am a perfectionist, not of sorts, just plain out OCD about it. For interested individuals, I will announce here what my intentions are.

Cheers

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very Nice looking cue.
Everything looks nice and clean installation and finish.
"Looks professionally done :)

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Real nice job! Must bring a lot of satisfaction in your own hands. Very cool.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
Thank you for ALL the kind comments. I am completely flabbergasted on the number of people that have asked me about selling this cue. So I want to address the question. I only took up this endeavor with the hopes of making myself (1) keeper pool cue. I have three more pool cues that I need to finish in the coming weeks before I sell ALL my shop equipment. At that time I will decide which one I want to keep. The Balabushka will be hard for me to eclipse, but I do have some close runner-ups. Besides, I seriously doubt my pool cues would garner much as I'm a complete unknown. I do believe it to be a high quality pool cue as I am a perfectionist, not of sorts, just plain out OCD about it. For interested individuals, I will announce here what my intentions are.

Cheers[/QUOTE

U better keep 2 or u will be sorry,

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
those veneer still have a ton of shine in them, great job in bringing it back to life
its perfect