bar logo cloth

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
I've been asked to cover two tables at a local bar with some logoed cloth I'm not familiar with. Its a white cloth backing with a very shiny playing surface. zero stretch. Its just a glue job and I'm pretty sure I can get it down but I'm concerned about how the pockets will fold. and i'm about to do the first rail. Here are a couple pictures of this stuff if it will help. Probably wont have any problems but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm also concerned about how the surface will play. Its so slick I think the balls are going to slide everywhere. Guess I will find out soon.

Attachments

• PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 268
  • PICT0033.JPG
    PICT0033.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 265
  • PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 254
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 259

JulioRice

Registered
Hello. I've done one table with that stuff. You're right, it really doesn't stretch. I will a little, but not much. The only problem I had with it was as I was gluing it down I had to lift it off the table to place it and stick it. It stuck to the table and peeled the paper back off the cloth and it stayed on the table. Made a hump, luckily it was mostly hidden under the rail. Good luck and take it easy. Julio

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I've been asked to cover two tables at a local bar with some logoed cloth I'm not familiar with. Its a white cloth backing with a very shiny playing surface. zero stretch. Its just a glue job and I'm pretty sure I can get it down but I'm concerned about how the pockets will fold. and i'm about to do the first rail. Here are a couple pictures of this stuff if it will help. Probably wont have any problems but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm also concerned about how the surface will play. Its so slick I think the balls are going to slide everywhere. Guess I will find out soon.

It is a poly blend cloth...not fun to work with. Plays fast and slides. Get's a lot of friction burns. Worsted wool cloth is available with logos but costs $200 to $300 more per cut.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
^^^^^^^^ this is all 1000% right on the spot.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
did the rails last nite. wasnt great. hard to pull the corner ends without stretch marks. But its done. beds today. thanks for the warning about the backing coming loose. Did the pockets tuck in ok?

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
It is a poly blend cloth...not fun to work with. Plays fast and slides. Get's a lot of friction burns. Worsted wool cloth is available with logos but costs $200 to $300 more per cut.

The bar got the stuff for nothing, so there ya go. I'm not sure it will last very long nor do I think many will even like how it plays. Time will tell.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Hello. I've done one table with that stuff. You're right, it really doesn't stretch. I will a little, but not much. The only problem I had with it was as I was gluing it down I had to lift it off the table to place it and stick it. It stuck to the table and peeled the paper back off the cloth and it stayed on the table. Made a hump, luckily it was mostly hidden under the rail. Good luck and take it easy. Julio

Thanks Julio. You To. Don

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
The bar got the stuff for nothing, so there ya go. I'm not sure it will last very long nor do I think many will even like how it plays. Time will tell.

i'm surprised! cloth actually plays well. Like new Simonis! Dont know how it will last but its OK.