Product testers wanted, new Jump/Break tip SURE SPC

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
test

I will test one if a spot opens up. I have perfect itrader. I'm a cuemaker and repair man. I play daily - at least a couple of hours.

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tips are on there way for two weeks now. We are really looking forward to your reviews.
Have fun! :)

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:smile:

I did not plan on being so slow. I received the tip in the mail at least two weeks ago.
When I first looked at it, I thought it looked just like a piece of G-10 material. It was a disc around .593 in diameter and .194 thick. Just a flat disc with no markings.

Last night I finally put it on a shaft and today I turned it down and shaped it. When you machine it, it comes off like fine dust. You can shape this material with sandpaper. Shapes easier than G-10 material.

G-10 material is the only thing I can compare it to but it doesn't hit as hard as G-10. Works real good and when you chalk it, the material is porous or rough enough so chalk holds to it. Seems you can control the cueball and breaks good.

I'm not a good jumper but I did jump with it and it worked like most other tips I've tried.

Overall I think it's a good tip and works good for breaking with control. I like the porous material...seems it holds chalk well. :thumbup:

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your review! The grip level is very high with the tip and we made tests with jumps without rechalking and had very good results. I'm interested in following comments.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tips are on there way for two weeks now. We are really looking forward to your reviews.
Have fun! :)

I had the Samsara on my cue for almost 4 years before I put this tip on. You're going to have to wait at least a a couple months for my review. Expecting reviews after a week would only lead to improper reviews. But if you insist on my review now, it's negative. Give us time. Patience leads to more honest reviews.

But as is, the height of the tip is a major concern to me right now. It's too thin.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my tip a few days ago. Installing it later today on my Mezz Deep Impact Pro H shaft. Gonna be interesting...

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
SURE SPC jump/break tip~> made in Germany

I installed this tip tonight on my break cue.... I will say that I like it very much, from install to cue ball contact.. I like it'
I was jumping like a rabbit with just the shaft.
I cut it down with live tooling then light sandpaper to spec. I'll assume it can be cut with a stationary single point cutting tool.
A little bit of color transition/in grain as rolled but that's no factor in hit.

Thanks for the opportunity to sample a new product.

I'll keep using this tip a lot and report back further down the road.

Thanks again.

Rob.M

Last edited:

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your first impressions. How do you like the breaking and grip/ precision?
The tip does not change your shaft to a LD break shaft, but allows very good breaking if stroked well.

Besides, I would like to mention that the tip is an offer for players who like nonleather tips with long lasting characteristics! For highest grips you need to scuff the tip every few months.

Good testing to all of you.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Hi Fellas,

I can only imagine most or all of the tips should have arrived by now, but so far only 2 test reports.
Keep them coming please ;):thumbup:

gr. Dave

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working Great....

:thumbup:

I've been using this tip for a few weeks now and it's really working good.

Breaks great and it's easy to get the cue ball to squat in the center of the table.

:smile:

Last edited:

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Hi,

I'd love to test your product. I've got a lathe, a couple friend that would test it out as well and write a review.

Let me know if interested.
I'm in Canada

Cheers

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
installed tip....the color transition an above user mentioned wasn't there after polishing/burnishing it.....looks like aquamarine glass

i like the horizontal weave orientation of the material seems like it will be more grippy than typical phenolics, i have yet to hit with it but will probably do so tonight and post a pic of the tip later today as well.

tip was nice thickness as well, that i like about it...some are too thin.

it was also faced off nicely fresh out the pack on both sides...good product so far and machines nicely....wear breathing mask, machines to powder

-Greyghost

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Spc

I received my tip about two weeks ago and had it installed on a plain Jane Lucky shaft so I could feel how the tip played, not the shaft. It doesn't take as much force as my old linen phenolic one piece to really move the balls. For as hard as it hits, it actually holds chalk better than the phenolic as well. It didn't take long to figure out how to park it for 9 and 10 but like most break tips, center ball with a smooth stroke or the benefit of the tip is lost. Second ball breaks are no problem for 8 ball. I have had a couple of 9 and 10 ball break sessions and make at least one ball with great spreads about 90% of the time. Actually made 5 once last night in 9 (got hooked on the five and couldn't see the 2:mad:) I haven't jumped much with it because I don't carry a shorty in my 2x4 but at home it was easy to push right through the cue and get air-born. So far, so good and I think I might actually put one on my OB Break to get the benefit of both. :thumbup:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
jumped and broke well as expected, holds chalk excellent, due to the horizontal exposure of the fibers in the material seems like. Shot a good dozen balls like a normal playing cue using draw and pretty heavy enough english to have msicued with a phenolic tip first shot....so it has plenty of grip fresh off the lathe on CB....over time???? time will tell. ill let ya know.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I'd love to be a beta tester. I've written some nice reviews for DJ Gear over the years.

Thanx in Advance! -Z-

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame that so many of these product testing events end up the same way. People receive the goods as promised but then refuse to do a real review on it. Or just say on one line "its an okay tip that looks funny." That doesnt help much if you are trying to decide wether or not to buy one :( In my opinion, if you volunteer to receive something in exhange for a honest review, you are theb obligated to give said review.
With time more testers will most likely provide their insights on these tips. Atleast I hope so.
A big thank you to everyone who have provided sufficient feedback, especially greyghost and dontlitethat :smile:

The above is not to pick on anyone in particular, just an observation in general in these types of things.

Cant wait to see some pictures of the texture that many have mentioned. It is always nice to have new products come up every now and then :rolleyes:

Last edited: