Unusual 1pkt situation...what is the rule?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player A executes a shot which pockets a ball in his pocket. While executing the shot he accidently knocks a ball in his opponents pocket with the side of his cue.
Game is being played cueball fouls only.

Foul and spot up both the players ball and 1 for penalty. Opponent gets ball illegally made.

No foul and keep shooting.

No foul keep shooting after replacing the moved ball?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Player A executes a shot which pockets a ball in his pocket. While executing the shot he accidently knocks a ball in his opponents pocket with the side of his cue.
Game is being played cueball fouls only.

Foul and spot up both the players ball and 1 for penalty. Opponent gets ball illegally made.

No foul and keep shooting.

No foul keep shooting after replacing the moved ball or your opponent may elect to keep it down?

FROM ONEPOCKET,ORG RULES

6.1 Unless otherwise announced by the tournament director, One Pocket is played according to the World General Rules 1.16.1, ‘cue ball fouls only’. In the event that a player accidentally moves a ball, the opponent may elect to have the disturbed ball remain in its new position or be restored to its original position. [/B]When balls are restored, they shall be placed as close as possible to their original positions, with no advantage to be gained by the offending player. If no official is available to restore disturbed balls, then the players must come to agreement on satisfactory replacement of the disturbed balls prior to continuing play.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When I play....fouling a ball into a pocket is a foul...both balls spot.
...same as moving more than one ball.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
We play it as a foul, also. The same as knocking a ball off the table. The pocketed ball is spotted along with a penalty ball.
Rather than a cue ball foul it's a procedural foul. Like not shooting behind the head string, or sliding a ball up to the foot spot, or pinching a waitress on the backside. :)

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I play....fouling a ball into a pocket is a foul...both balls spot.
...same as moving more than one ball.

I agree except 1pkt rules say only cueball scratches take balls away from your opponent.

Balls off the table are a foul.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Any more opinions?

My opinion is exactly as the rule says. Let the choice go to the non-shooter whether he/she wants to replace the disturbed ball or leave it pocketed, then let the shooter resume shooting. No foul.

Now if it turned out to be the winning ball that would suck....but I suppose the shooter should have been damn careful with the goings-on with the table and not let that happen.

There is a possibility that the non-shooter MAY want the ball replaced. If the shooter has no makeable shot after this scenario occurs and cannot move his/her opponents ball away from their pocket, the non-shooter may want the ball to be replaced so he/she can use that ball on their turn to make and get position on a number of other balls.

Maniac

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody has his big thinking jacket on!

You, Maniac.
My opinion is exactly as the rule says. Let the choice go to the non-shooter whether he/she wants to replace the disturbed ball or leave it pocketed, then let the shooter resume shooting. No foul.

Now if it turned out to be the winning ball that would suck....but I suppose the shooter should have been damn careful with the goings-on with the table and not let that happen.

There is a possibility that the non-shooter MAY want the ball replaced. If the shooter has no makeable shot after this scenario occurs and cannot move his/her opponents ball away from their pocket, the non-shooter may want the ball to be replaced so he/she can use that ball on their turn to make and get position on a number of other balls.

Maniac

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
It really doesn't matter what the book says. It's local rules that count.
If where you are playing requires that you shit in a bucket each time you scratch, then you need to keep a bucket handy.
Quoting chapter and verse can (still) get your thumbs broke in some parts of this fair land.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Maniac.
No foul, opponents choice of restoring ball or leaving it down.

restoring a moved ball to it's original position would be sensible, yet restoring a accidentally pocketed ball, through contact other than stroke, would seem to be mandatory.