How ugly do you think this cue is?

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This seems like a reoccurring theme. Why can't you just buy a cue and stick with it? I see the one you want is 299. If you can't afford that maybe you shouldn't be looking at custom cues. Also I think you'd be much better served getting a sneaky from a reputable maker.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ivory joint alone is 200+ from almost anyone.

I dont think cue is "ugly". If I liked ivory jointed vues ai would sure try it.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Justin,

Tight money always seems to be a theme. You need to start thinking about making a living instead of cues. I didn't care where you live or what you do, there are opportunities. If you are willing and able to work, you will find them.

I don't know you but it seems to me if you took these hours of daydreaming about pool and cues and took a second or even third job, or got on a career path, you would be better off and could buy and sell as many cues as you want.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
the ebay seller has like 8 feedbacks and the most recent one is negative and says the cue he sent was warped.

I think you two were meant to do biz.

I say go for it!

best,
brian kc

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can only afford a 200 dollar cue............maybe you should play with one off the wall.

money.......is the best cure for being broke.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If you can only afford a 200 dollar cue............maybe you should play with one off the wall.

money.......is the best cure for being broke.

justin isn't broke even though he keeps saying he is.

this is his hustle - it's his part time job. :yeah:

anyone who thinks otherwise, you've been hustled. :slap:

best,
brian kc

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
the ebay seller has like 8 feedbacks and the most recent one is negative and says the cue he sent was warped.

I think you two were meant to do biz.

I say go for it!

best,
brian kc

Ebay is pretty good for glass Bong parts & tip tools, but that is about it.

I was going to make a joke about buying warped cues on Ebay, however the truth is
half the cues I've purchased on Ebay were sent back, and the other half I should of sent back.
Ebay is a dumping ground and simple things like Schon shafts even have some
issues when purchased on Ebay.
I bought some high end fishing line on Ebay, and every roll was lets say depleted.
The seller apologized and credited everything, which is one of the good things about Ebay.
Ebay does have some structure and you are protected to a certain extent.
The "dumping ground" part really comes true when you are too busy to go through the return for credit process.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am justin's opposite.I can buy any cue I want and have a sub $75 cue that I have used since the early 90s.It's still straight and runs racks.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
OMG stop allready!!!

Flipping the cue that someone just about gifted to you is one of the biggest dick moves in the history of the forum. You should have been red bombed into oblivion for that one. I'm not really sure what your game is here? Buying warped cues and shafts etc..WTF is that? Then nit picking every cue that is perfectly playable? Go to a god damned store or even a pool hall. Look the cue you are about to buy over. There your problems have now been solved.

Your problems could be ended once and for all if you actually saved up for a Mezz. They are the best cues I've ever tried and have several different shafts to choose from, even regular maple. An entry level Mezz will set you back about 400 dollars and they are worth every cent. You can get phenolic joints or metal joints, the balance is perfect, the joint is nice and snug and the hit is amazing. Instead you want to buy some beaten to shit sneaky from a garage cuemaker, that you are guaranteed to sell in a week...I bet you even a regular, plain Joss will play circles around any custom you can find for 200 dollars and IMO the Mezz is even better. 400 dollars isn't all that much money if you really want something and are willing to make some small sacrifices for it. If it has to be 200, buy a used Joss. You can keep that for the rest of your life. It's a perfectly acceptable cue for players of any level and it's quality.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone say ugly? I was so ugly as a kid.........my mom gave me a toaster for a bath toy.

I was such an ugly kid........playin in the sandbox the cats would try and cover me up!

Compliments of the late Rodney Dangerfield

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was so ugly as a kid my Mom made me trick or treat the neighbors over the phone.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
My girlfriend is ugly. Ooooooh is she ugly. I gave her a hickey and got fur in my mouth. :grin: