Generation Gap/Millennials/Pool/Sports

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[

To some extent, yes. A good coach knows when to be an "asshole". It's how the player responds and moves forward that defines their maturity.

Placing the blame for their own shortcomings back on the Coach is very millennial.

Try recalling various All-stars in the past who demanded special treatment, and threw a tantrum when they didn't get it. In their own minds, those players were bigger than their teammates, coach, and even the game itself! That's how we're raising millennials. Poor parenting. Lack of respect. Entitled.

..And I'm in the middle!

No.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m technically a millennial. But I don’t really feel like one. Mostly I was a traveling vagabond, criminal, soldier, writer, street fighter, and finally I discovered what everyone should strive to become...a pool player. Life is great and strange and terrible. Who wants to be linked to a group of whiney beatrice?

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am 29 years old so i'm solidly a millennial - and i think i have a good understanding of why we act the way we do.

We inherited the world the older generation gave us, and it's kind of the worst gift we have ever received.

that is the perfect millennial response! Awesome!

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Cell phones and the internet did not make us better people.

It made people act worse, from a distance.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 29 years old so i'm solidly a millennial - and I think I have a good understanding of why we act the way we do.

We inherited the world the older generation gave us, and it's kind of the worst gift we have ever received.

Yes. Whenever boomers complain about the millennials on their lawn, I always remember two things:

1. Millennials are better behaved in just about every way: less crime, less teen pregnancy, etc., and boomers were the worst on all those stats.

2. Millennials have a tougher economy to deal with, unlike the boomers and their friggin pensions, affordable mortgages, and lifetime jobs.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose (grudgingly) that my birthdate lands in the pu$$y a$$ millenial time interval. In my humble opinion, to say that we inherited the "worst gift" is 4ucking bullsh1t. We inherited the g0ddammend pinnacle of human achievement so far. Just because it ain't easy to keep up with the blessing don't make it a curse, you ingrate.

I am 29 years old so i'm solidly a millennial - and I think I have a good understanding of why we act the way we do.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Threads like this are proof that assholes come in all shapes and sizes.

All generations too. :thumbup:

sfvpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Human life has never been better. I suggest reading "Enlightenment Now" by Steven Pinker. I know schools have been teaching children and young adults for decades about the evils of Capitalism and America, and that we're going to die from Climate Change, but it isn't true.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Reality Sucks

What's sad about what you said, is all the friends I lost in Vietnam during my college years and all the shipmates my dad lost in WWII when his destroyer was sunk by a Kamakazi 30 days after he was decomissioned

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose (grudgingly) that my birthdate lands in the pu$$y a$$ millenial time interval. In my humble opinion, to say that we inherited the "worst gift" is 4ucking bullsh1t. We inherited the g0ddammend pinnacle of human achievement so far. Just because it ain't easy to keep up with the blessing don't make it a curse, you ingrate.

I like it! ^^^^^

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[/B]

What's sad about what you said, is all the friends I lost in Vietnam during my college years and all the shipmates my dad lost in WWII when his destroyer was sunk by a Kamakazi 30 days after he was decomissioned

And the majority of people serving in the never-ending wars of the 2000s are millennials.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the secret is grandchildren

Yeah, because every generation of old people hasn't complained about young people, and vice versa.

A letter from ancient Rome was translated a few years back. The main body of it was talking about how bad the younger generation was and that Rome and the whole world was going to hell in a handbasket.

The secret to the world turning out OK is grandchildren. Somehow our children marry total idiots and they still manage to have all geniuses for children! Obviously IQ is one of those traits that skip a generation like twins.

Hu

Island Drive

Silver Member
And the majority of people serving in the never-ending wars of the 2000s are millennials.

You got it out for me don't ya? :)

So your perspective is.

More millennials from your generation will be killed than my generation?

I am by no means going to get into a ....ing contest with someone that writes better than I.

If you want a real battle, lets go to the 4 1/2' by 9'....I'll let the others give u the attention you seem to need.

Later

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So your perspective is.

I am by no means going to get into a ....ing contest with someone that writes better than I.

If you want a real battle, lets go to the 4 1/2' by 9'....I'll let the others give u the attention you seem to need.

Later

The point is, Bill, that every generation has complained about the generation that follows theirs. It goes back probably to the caveman.

The differences are that we weren't raised in the same time as our parents. And our kids are not raised in the same times that we grew up in.

To sit and complain about one or the other is fruitless, and only goes to serve the ego of the complainer. Makes them feel better, right, tougher, (substitute whatever adjective you wish).... but it again is meaningless banter that accomplishes nothing.

Our society is softer than it was 100 years ago. It will be softer than it currently is, 100 years from now. That is the story of our human evolution. We create ways to make things easier etc.

Will it have any meaningful impact on anything? Who knows.

We will all be dead by the time that gets proven one way or the other.

So again, it doesn't fooking matter. :thumbup:

Island Drive

Silver Member
The point is, Bill, that every generation has complained about the generation that follows theirs. It goes back probably to the caveman.

The differences are that we weren't raised in the same time as our parents. And our kids are not raised in the same times that we grew up in.

To sit and complain about one or the other is fruitless, and only goes to serve the ego of the complainer. Makes them feel better, right, tougher, (substitute whatever adjective you wish).... but it again is meaningless banter that accomplishes nothing.

Our society is softer than it was 100 years ago. It will be softer than it currently is, 100 years from now. That is the story of our human evolution. We create ways to make things easier etc.

Will it have any meaningful impact on anything? Who knows.

We will all be dead by the time that gets proven one way or the other.

So again, it doesn't fooking matter. :thumbup:

Thx..........Personally, I loved my parents families and friends. My Uncle Ed Schreiber, was the head reporter for the Chicago Tribune during the early Mayor Daly years. Daly and Uncle Ed battled via the Chicago Tribune, and both helped each other at times mature and ''get a grip''.
What Mayor Daly did uexpected, he showed up when Ed Was Being buried. Outta nowhere, Daly flew in on his helicopter to the cemetery. He was there to awknowlege him as a person, man, and one who always kept an eye on his actions. I also was a neighbor of Matt Danaher, Dalys next door neighbor/judge during his tenure. Me, I was a kid, and caught turtles, raced sail boats, water skied, and took care of golf courses my entire youth and thru college.
Matt Danaher Sr. had Chicago White Sox Fireworks that I used to light for he and Joan, on their pier every 4th. Those fireworks were the ''real deal''.

Have a great summer.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So your perspective is.

Later

I’m Gen X, but I defend the millennials because if they get too many micro aggressions they might start eating Tide pods instead of avocado toast.