Barry Behrman: Best pool promoter and can save pool

dom_poppa

Banned
Barry is a great promoter and this last U.S. Open turned out to be a success. It's the beginning of pool slowly coming back. I expect a good field next year due to honoring his promises.

Best promoter in the country. There isn't a tourney better than his.

I don't blame him for getting wasted as he was celebrating a successful week.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry is a great promoter and this last U.S. Open turned out to be a success. It's the beginning of pool slowly coming back. I expect a good field next year due to honoring his promises.

And fair play to him too.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
As long as they can keep the cash escrowed in advance, they will always be full in the future. There was some truly dynamite pool this time. If they consistently full, the payouts will only grow.

dom_poppa

Banned
As long as they can keep the cash escrowed in advance, they will always be full in the future. There was some truly dynamite pool this time. If they consistently full, the payouts will only grow.

Good pool, the prestige of the tournament, his pool hall and 30k for the winner will definitely draw more players.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Good pool, the prestige of the tournament, his pool hall and 30k for the winner will definitely draw more players.

If they are at 256 players each year, they can charge vendors more, more people will buy streams and tickets, and payouts will be considerably larger. $60k for first place isn't out of the realm of possibility in a couple years. THAT will be a nice draw for American pool, truly.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is just the beginning of the upward swing of things, can't wait to see what the next one brings...

Doc Holliday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He still owes employees money for last year that he shorted them, maybe if this year was good he can settle up with them, then my family and I will attend again:smile:

dom_poppa

Banned
415221000.jpg

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What? You're delusional. Barry has a long history of late pays. Just because as a last resort he made good on his "promise" to pay this year does not make up for many years of not doing so. Best promoter in the country? Nope...that title would easily go to Mark Griffin, who, btw, has NEVER late paid anybody in any event he's ever put on. Congrats to Barry for finally being a stand up guy...but best promoter...NOPE.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The Rooster

Registered
Barry finally did what was suppose to happen every year. I'm hoping this continues and perhaps more players will participate in the coming years. I've played in 2 events in the pass 2009 and 2010. I don't see me playing in any in the future but will come back and support pool as a spectator.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is true for our Industry as well when people start dong the OPPOSITE of "normal"

This is just the beginning of the upward swing of things, can't wait to see what the next one brings...

Yes, the down cycle was broken a few months ago.....we can all expect pool to rise with new changes right around the corner. However for this change to come quickly we all must understand what changing really entails - it's different than many would think.

Trying the same thing over and over expecting different results is proven not to work, The best sign of change is when new decisions, places and things are implemented.

This is true for our Industry as well - when people start dong the OPPOSITE {of what they're programmed to do} is when things really do start to change - when they want to complain, they compliment, when they want to stay home, they go out, when they want to hate, they like, when they want to talk bad about people, they talk well of other people, when they want to go drinking ,they go play pool, when they want to steal other's time they honestly give their own.........this is how change happens, and it's been true since the dawn of this world age. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the down cycle was broken a few months ago.....we can all expect pool to rise with new changes right around the corner. However for this change to come quickly we all must understand what changing really entails - it's different than many would think.

Trying the same thing over and over expecting different results is proven not to work, The best sign of change is when new decisions, places and things are implemented.

This is true for our Industry as well - when people start dong the OPPOSITE {of what they're programmed to do} is when things really do start to change - when they want to complain, they compliment, when they want to stay home, they go out, when they want to hate, they like, when they want to talk bad about people, they talk well of other people, when they want to go drinking ,they go play pool, when they want to steal other's time they honestly give their own.........this is how change happens, and it's been true since the dawn of this world age. 'The Game is the Teacher'

I'm interested CJ - what ideas of change would you put forward. From the top, down of the game and industry? :thumbup:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stop talking negatively and work together as an industry until the end of the year

I'm interested CJ - what ideas of change would you put forward. From the top, down of the game and industry? :thumbup:

The first thing is to get a TV contract instead of relying on streaming video to pull people into playing the game. AtLarge figured up the losses for the US OPEN to the players and it was enough to put pool on TV regionally for several months.

Develop professional pool characters and personalities using professional producers/directors. They could be involved in commercials and ad campaigns and especially charity functions. We used to do charity events at nearly ALL professional events....and now there's how many???

Advertise the game on ESPN with commercials produced by the BCA. Hire a PR Firm to get press releases to all major media groups in radio, TV, print, etc. - this needs to be part of the trade organization's budget if available....if not create a fund asap.

Stop talking negatively and work together as an industry until the end of the year to see how it feels to develop teamwork and synergy. (hey, it's an idea, and prob. a miracle)

There's, of course more, but it's proprietary information at this time to the public;)

Don't take this the wrong way, and I don't mean to be rude, but, you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Johnny should tell everyone exactly what happened this year. There would be ZERO players next year if they knew.

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny T. has this right IMO. Meeting your obligations is supposed to be the norm, not the exception, and really does not deserve any special honoring.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Johnny T. has this right IMO. Meeting your obligations is supposed to be the norm, not the exception, and really does not deserve any special honoring.

Tap, tap, tap. Informative, succinct, and well said.

PS: Just for the record, I always read my subscription to BD starting on the last page :)

Last edited: