Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple rules. Not sure if it's a certain table or not, but I imagine it is. Shaw wants to play in Connecticut, 5 sets, 9b on the spot, standard pockets. Shane said only if its 9 on the spot to make it more difficult.

Attachments

• 20190325_072115.jpg
    20190325_072115.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,632
Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't see any stipulations there about who he would play. How can you not like this guy? :grin:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DD(James Aranas) is at Roy's practicing right now. I hope Roy makes it happen. I think it's an even match under those rules.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shane posted a reply with a .gif of donald duck flipping through a stack of cash:D

(jayson replied too, fyi)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
shane posted a reply with a .gif of donald duck flipping through a stack of cash:D

(jayson replied too, fyi)

Dudong is one thing. Shane is clearly another. When was the last time anyone offered an open 9-Ball (or Ten Ball) challenge in this country that did not exclude Shane? How about a decade ago!
Not so sure about a player like Dennis who was a mentor and close friend to Justin. Alex on the other hand has no such allegiance.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex has won everything in sight lately. I hope he goes for it. Very even match.

I believe Dennis and Justin were even traveling friends, so that is out.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For 10 Gs....you still have to be in the area.
To fly in, the expenses are a big factor.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For 10 Gs....you still have to be in the area.
To fly in, the expenses are a big factor.

Agree. 10k is not enough to brIng in the big guys - they know their edge is not that big. Doubt that’s what he’s looking for though.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's plenty of players that flies cross country to play in a top prize 10K tournament.

SBE is 10K. Turning Stone is 8-10K.

This the room own might take care of flight expenses and lodging. Sometimes money added as well.

Shane just went to Romania to play in a top prize 3K euro event. Made it into the top8 I believe.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Carlo Biado were travelling friends too but they just had a huge money match.

They were staked playing for a cut of the win.

Btw Dennis is playing live right now vs Jericho Benares on fb. Dennis to 70 benares to 50. Camera angle is hard to see the layout. Interesting 15 ball rotation.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Cmon Jay, he knows it's a gaff package.
I've watched it too many times.
Almost as if you don't even have an opponent (oh wait he did say anyone)
Wing ball corner pocket, 2 ball float up table, next rack.

1 stipulation, 9 on the spot and that's a deal breaker?

Dudong is one thing. Shane is clearly another. When was the last time anyone offered an open 9-Ball (or Ten Ball) challenge in this country that did not exclude Shane? How about a decade ago!
Not so sure about a player like Dennis who was a mentor and close friend to Justin. Alex on the other hand has no such allegiance.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Wing ball corner pocket, 2 ball float up table, next rack.
1 stipulation, 9 on the spot and that's a deal breaker?
Template rack and one on the spot... Why don't they just play remotely and see who can beat the ghost better?

Here's a game they could try: The breaker always shoots the second shot on a legal break and he must play a push out. Nine spots on the break. No ball counting, no arguing about the triangle/template/Sardo, no worry about pattern racking and everyone gets a chance every rack. Reward pool knowledge.

Or, you could go with the gaff game on the other player's home table. Hint: it may not be gambling.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some have missed a point here. He said he would 'MAKE A GAME WITH ANYONE' ! Not that he would play anyone even ! Whole different ball game.
Anyone can 'match up with anyone', even me...lol.