What Luggage or Duffle Bag Will Fit A Cue Case?

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know which luggage or roller duffle bag will fit a 3x6 cue case? I refuse to use my porper travel case and check it in. I prefer to have my entire cue case inside a luggage or long bag with my shoes & clothes.

Thanks a million!

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
Ive been looking at getting new luggage that would carry my cues and case. Using my Instroke 3x7 case as a guide, that case is 32 inches long. So I found that the largest normal suit case is never big enough. But roller duffels can be found that are 33, 34, 36 and even upto 40 inches in length.

So I have looked at 36 to 40 inch roller duffels. Good ones that generate consistent high reviews tend to start at around 100 dollars from what I have found so far.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Many will. The simple solution is to just measure the cue case then bring a tape measure with you when you go luggage shopping. Remember of course, that you can pack it in on the diagonal. :thumbup:

I have a Club Glove rolling duffel that is more than big enough.

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Borrow a hard shell golf club case put you clothes folded with cue case wrapped with a couple of towels ect

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I travel around quite a bit and always check in my luggage with my cue inside.

Depends on how many cues you need to bring if it's just 1-2cues then it's easy.

My luggage can fit some of my shorter cases.

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
A couple of years ago I had the same dilemma when I won a trip to the BCA Nationals. I ended up getting this type of rolling duffel bag, as I was concerned about being assess for an oversized luggage fee. This is as close as I could find to the 62" limit. It will fit a 2x4 It's George, or 3x6 Whitten when I lent it to a friend this year.

You can pack your clothes around your case, and I found it held enough clothes for two weeks in Las Vegas. YMMV.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Luggage-Explorer-Duffle-Black/dp/B005LPE5P0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Wheeled Bat Bag

Google- wheeled bat bag to hide my case. Just find one thats under the size limit. It works great and you can pack your cloths in it.

Good luck.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Overall dimensions of 69 inches is larger than the 62". Have you ever been scrutinized or tagged for oversized?
ΠCapacity - 6588 cu. in.
• Weight: 9.45 lbs.

Body Dimensions: 36.0" x 17.5" x 14.5"

Look at the brand High Sierra. They make a 36" duffel bag with wheels and a nice frame to it. Well made and has lasted me about 6 years with a few trips per year. Only about 100 bucks or so, but so worth it.

http://shop.highsierra.com/adventur...dwvar_63610XXXX_color=Black/Blueprint#start=1

You can fit like 2 or 3 cue cases in that bottom compartment.

Hope this helps,

KMRUNOUT

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
A few years ago we traveled as a team and packed 3 cases with clothes into an army duffle. They fit real nice, I this we paid about $20 for it at the local surplus store

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same suitcase as JIVE: Rimova is the one for the travelling people.

Mine is app. 34" diagonal. I often buy a cue in the US to carry back home.

Not cheap but the pleasure of quality remains, when the price is long forgotten. :)

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

Attachments

• Rimowa1.jpg
    Rimowa1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Rimowa2.jpg
    Rimowa2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,268

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are measuring diagonal you must do it out from the corner where your case is going to hit the sides. See pictures above.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

We actually made one of these cases specifically to Jive's specs so that it would fit inside his suitcase. That is another service we offer on request.

I travel around quite a bit and always check in my luggage with my cue inside.

Depends on how many cues you need to bring if it's just 1-2cues then it's easy.

My luggage can fit some of my shorter cases.

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
I had the same issue and was using a wheeled duffel bag. The issue is these bags don't hold their shape and your stuff gets tumbled all over and basically ends up on one end..

I found the solution.. Had this for a couple years now and is fantastic!!

Victorinox CH-97 2.0 Explorer 36" Wheeled Duffel

225729_1_1

Search for it.. My case fits right in... it has metal reinforcing on bottom so it holds shape...it looks sharp.. and its rugged..

http://www.ebags.com/product/victorinox/ch-97-20-explorer-36-wheeled-duffel/225729

CMB1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I travel with a 32" diagonal luggage case and a Mezz CM-23. It's body is 31" and I can flip the lid back and fit it into my luggage.

c2_zpsc2rdtckx.jpg.html

c4_zpswjcrg4j3.jpg.html

CMB1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I travel with a 32" diagonal luggage case and a Mezz CM-23. It's body is 31" and I can flip the lid back and fit it into my luggage.

c2_zpsc2rdtckx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

c4_zpswjcrg4j3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Very nice Rimowa luggage. Those aluminum ones are so badass, I see them sometimes as the carry on and they are just showstoppers. The larger ones run 1k plus though which is pretty pricey.

Ive flown alot with cues and I also use the same one as Adam, the Swiss Army duffel.One thing I like about the Swiss army is that when the cue case is wrapped in some bubble wrap, then wrapped in plastic shrink wrap, it barely fits in the case. You have to kinda wriggle it in and out, and its not so easy. The reason I like this is that im always sweating my cues getting stolen. For a luggage ramp rat to heist my cues, they would have to really be trying hard to first get the mummified case out of my bag, then they have to unravel it to take the cues or be somehow walking around with all those cameras on them carrying this item. If a cue is easily and quickly slipped out and down a pant leg it would seem like it could disappear easily, so I like the difficulty factor that the swiss army bag offers.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could not recommend more highly a very nice duffle from High Sierra. Mine is 36" long and easily fits 2 or 3 good size cases in the bottom compartment. It is built well, has a rigid frame to protect stuff in the bottom compartment, has nice wheels and a handle. Lots of space. Seems like the perfect bag for a pool player. I'm sure High Sierra must have a website. Check it out!

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millertime77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have found catchers bat bags work great!
A week of clothes in the top slide one or two cases in padded area where the bats would go! The second one I bought has wheels making it even better!