NEW pool room - Key West

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Key west hasn't had a pool room in 7 years - and the most recent room was a joke.

Shooterz billiards and lounge will be open (supposedly) on Superbowl Sunday for its grand opening.

Room has 3 - GC 1's, 2 - 9' Imperials, and 1 12' Russian Imperial. It's not huge, but we're a small town with super-premium space. There is action in town, but they've crawled into the weeds after the last room closed down....they'll be back.

Come check us out!

Feel free to contact me if you want additional info.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome, I used to go there every year, 2017 was the last time I was there. I'll have to stop in next time I'm down there.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Key west hasn't had a pool room in 7 years - and the most recent room was a joke.

Shooterz billiards and lounge will be open (supposedly) on Superbowl Sunday for its grand opening.

Room has 3 - GC 1's, 2 - 9' Imperials, and 1 12' Russian Imperial. It's not huge, but we're a small town with super-premium space. There is action in town, but they've crawled into the weeds after the last room closed down....they'll be back.

Come check us out!

Why would anyone open a new pool room today with such outdated equipment, it's no wonder the pool rooms have closed down in your area.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would anyone open a new pool room today with such outdated equipment, it's no wonder the pool rooms have closed down in your area.

Probably what the last guy that went busto had in his storage unit. I wish the guy luck but with that equip and that location, he is going to need it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Great news! Is it where Stick and Stein used to be?

Found an old beer coozie with Stick and Stein on it a few months ago. I'll probably be down some time in April.
Jason

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

Come check us out!

Great news and good luck!!! $$$$

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Come check us out!

Awesome! Another reason I can't wait to go down. Don't listen to the naysayers..if they ever make it to MM 1 it will be on a cruise ship. If you get my drift.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you, a dealer in Diamonds? Sheez..it's a new pool room for crissakes...and you don't have to make that long trip just to play on equipment you deem unsuitable.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You guys are funny...LOL when you've been in this business as long as I have, on my side of the fence, NOT the peanut gallery side like you people are on, you start to see patterns that seem to repeat themselves on a regular basis, and ONE of those patterns is opening a place to play pool with the same business plan that has already proven to fail. I say it all the time, LAST YEARS BUSINESS PLAN DONT WORK FOR TOMORROWS PLAYERS! It's kind of like Harley Davidson crying about losing business, when they should have realized the old facts that use to support buying new baggers are dying off, or retired....so pay attention to what the customers are buying today, and build something that attracts THOSE buyers if you want to continue to sell Harley Davidson. Motorcycles tomorrow. Harley got the message, 20 years late, but they got it, their bikes are now changing for tomorrows buyers.

I'm not hating on someone opening a new pool room with yesterdays business plan, I'm just shaking my head as to why, but I guess it's so all of you can cry about how pool in this country is dying because ANOTHER pool room when out of business....that not ONE of you is going to support in the first place!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just wondering, how many of you naysayers even OWN a pool room today??? How many of you have EVER owned a pool room period?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if I get to Key West from here in Naples Fl. I would support them and stop in to play. I like the original Gold Crowns anyhow- some of them still play real well.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We get it, you want everyone to know that you're the smartest guy in the room. As usual.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You guys are funny...LOL when you've been in this business as long as I have, on my side of the fence, NOT the peanut gallery side like you people are on, you start to see patterns that seem to repeat themselves on a regular basis, and ONE of those patterns is opening a place to play pool with the same business plan that has already proven to fail. I say it all the time, LAST YEARS BUSINESS PLAN DONT WORK FOR TOMORROWS PLAYERS! It's kind of like Harley Davidson crying about losing business, when they should have realized the old facts that use to support buying new baggers are dying off, or retired....so pay attention to what the customers are buying today, and build something that attracts THOSE buyers if you want to continue to sell Harley Davidson. Motorcycles tomorrow. Harley got the message, 20 years late, but they got it, their bikes are now changing for tomorrows buyers.

I'm not hating on someone opening a new pool room with yesterdays business plan, I'm just shaking my head as to why, but I guess it's so all of you can cry about how pool in this country is dying because ANOTHER pool room when out of business....that not ONE of you is going to support in the first place!!!

Nothing wrong with a GC1. Dont know what the other 2 9'ers are and neither will the rec players.
Jason