derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Shane up 3 games. Was up 6.

2r7yibt.gif

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Frost is a tad too offensive. Often works, but you get bit sometimes when you make your opponent shoot at his hole. And who the F wants SVB shoooting at his hole?

I'd like to see someone squeeze SVBs head for a couple of hours, see how things turns out when SVB bunts for an hour or so...every game.

Not sure who could do it, but I don't think Frost could. Perhaps Varner, circa 1982:eek:?

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Frost is a tad too offensive. Often works, but you get bit sometimes when you make your opponent shoot at his hole. And who the F wants SVB shoooting at his hole?

I'd like to see someone squeeze SVBs head for a couple of hours, see how things turns out when SVB bunts for an hour or so...every game.

Not sure who could do it, but I don't think Frost could. Perhaps Varner, circa 1982:eek:?

Varner was the king of the squeeze. His ideal game was locking up every ball and fighting for one ball at a time. Every Accu-Stats I have with Varner ends up in the "wedge". He was really a master at controlling the game the way he wanted.

I don't know if there is anyone playing today that is as patient as Varner was. He really could bunt balls and not shoot at his hole for hours. I would think the most similar players today would be Gabe or JJ. They both play a much more methodical game and don't mind moving. Granted, Varner was on a whole other level, but those two would be the closest today IMO.

-Brandon

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varner was the king of the squeeze. His ideal game was locking up every ball and fighting for one ball at a time. Every Accu-Stats I have with Varner ends up in the "wedge". He was really a master at controlling the game the way he wanted.

I don't know if there is anyone playing today that is as patient as Varner was. He really could bunt balls and not shoot at his hole for hours. I would think the most similar players today would be Gabe or JJ. They both play a much more methodical game and don't mind moving. Granted, Varner was on a whole other level, but those two would be the closest today IMO.

-Brandon

Shame- don't think there are too many that can out-offense SVB on a pool table, and there are probably just as many who can duck and not get tortured.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Shane win the one-pocket event at DCC this year enroute to his Master of the Table Award?

It was a bad game, Shane would have played even - hes up a fortune on the year and killing everybody.
Scott should ask for 8-7 hed prob get it.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a bad game, Shane would have played even - hes up a fortune on the year and killing everybody.
Scott should ask for 8-7 hed prob get it.

dont' count on Shane giving Scott weight playing one hole
even maybe but 8 -7 with Scott getting the weight , I don't see that happening any time soon

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
To All the SVB Lovers...

Wanna bet something? Scott and him are back to even and will be resuming the ahead set battle tomorrow at 3pm, I am under the impression this will be the last day of play. I got a couple hundred for you if you want it, I have Scott and you have Shane, you must be on the GAL, if they quit even bets off, if they pro-rate so do we, any questions? Come get your Lenny bucks. :)

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanna bet something? Scott and him are back to even and will be resuming the ahead set battle tomorrow at 3pm, I am under the impression this will be the last day of play. I got a couple hundred for you if you want it, I have Scott and you have Shane, you must be on the GAL, if they quit even bets off, if they pro-rate so do we, any questions? Come get your Lenny bucks. :)

looks like Scott figured out how to play against Shane, should be a nice sweat , wish I had some action for you.
Just wish I could sweat it in person.

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member

I'll take $100 of that, Lenny. If they prorate it, let's do it $15 a game so there's no change.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go get 'em, tiger!

Did Scott learn from dippy do?