Mike Webb experience..

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Everybody,

Mike has contacted me and he's pushing my cues through. He feels very bad about the delays but he's been extremely honest about it.

I would like to thank Paul Stamatos (The Pavlos) too for being a good guy all the way around and a good friend to Mike.

Pics for sure when I get them - I'm jazzed about getting this Model M back.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL you guys make me laugh. First of all coming on a chat board and making a thread about someone is a form of disrespect any way you slice it.

So now I am the dumbass ok. I did not smash my shaft in anger who is the dumbass???Well guess what I don't care what you think of me anyway.. Mike is a friend and a stand up guy in my book. If he was late on something I would not sweat it. It will get done and done right.

Now lets get to the heart of the matter I don't know what most do for a living on this board. Some are 9 to 5 guys which is fine I am sure there are some small/business ownere contractors ect. How many know what it is to have to work under deadlines?

Guess what small businesses don't have the man power if things get busy so there lies your delays. Mike is a 1 man shop should he have a better idea on time frame yes. But how much can he do in a day and the guy works long hours every day. But then most pool players don't want to hear the truth.

Custom work takes time he is not Preadator rolling out 1000s of shafts a day.

IMO most pool players are impatient cheapskates maybe I'll start a thread to that effect should not leave anyone feeling disrespected Right:thumbup:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Most one man cuemaker shops take too much work. For awhile they get away with it. But in the end it catches up to them. Johnnyt

liakos

Banned
LOL you guys make me laugh. First of all coming on a chat board and making a thread about someone is a form of disrespect any way you slice it.

So now I am the dumbass ok. I did not smash my shaft in anger who is the dumbass???Well guess what I don't care what you think of me anyway.. Mike is a friend and a stand up guy in my book. If he was late on something I would not sweat it. It will get done and done right.

Now lets get to the heart of the matter I don't know what most do for a living on this board. Some are 9 to 5 guys which is fine I am sure there are some small/business ownere contractors ect. How many know what it is to have to work under deadlines?

Guess what small businesses don't have the man power if things get busy so there lies your delays. Mike is a 1 man shop should he have a better idea on time frame yes. But how much can he do in a day and the guy works long hours every day. But then most pool players don't want to hear the truth.

IMO most pool players are impatient cheapskates maybe I'll start a thread to that effect should not leave anyone feeling disrespected Right:thumbup:

Well said! Like I said before, Mike is a stand up guy, his work speaks for itself!

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most one man cuemaker shops take too much work. For awhile they get away with it. But in the end it catches up to them. Johnnyt

100% agree but on the other hand if you don't take the work then your not getting any money. Especially on a repair of your own cues.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
look guys
if your roof was leaking
and the roofer said ill fix it on friday
and 1 year later he fixes your roof
and you live in seattle
and its been raining more the 50% of the days
YOU WOULD BE PISSED
and justifiably so
it doesnt matter if the roofer gives free shelter to the homeless
donates to to your favorite charity
he is in business to provide a service
if he doesnt deliver he is wrong
i dont understand
whats the debate about??

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member

You say let's get to the heart of the matter but you're not even addressing the issue at hand. Do you still not understand that the issue isn't that he's late, it's that he told the customer it was done for over 2 months now and hasn't even shipped it yet.

This has nothing to do with deadlines or running late. This has to do with someone telling their customer it's done when it's not.

This has been brought up at least 4 times in the thread now and you seem to still be missing the point.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
You say let's get to the heart of the matter but you're not even addressing the issue at hand. Do you still not understand that the issue isn't that he's late, it's that he told the customer it was done for over 2 months now and hasn't even shipped it yet.

This has nothing to do with deadlines or running late. This has to do with someone telling their customer it's done when it's not.

This has been brought up at least 4 times in the thread now and you seem to still be missing the point.
The issue at hand is that TATE is getting his cues ! Try to keep up 😋

Sorry OP. CST = "get in line".

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Let's make it clear - we're all rooting for Michael to catch up and THRIVE. We need to do it in a way that doesn't whitewash some of these problems he's experienced and overlook some of the disappointments his loyal customers have experienced.

I am thrilled to see him on top of my cues now. I know I will get perfect cues, like my other batch, when they come in.

no-sho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike and I settled out of court and I wish Mike the best for the future.

no-sho

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Well I have been waiting for over 7 years for my cues which I paid for in full. Over $7,000,00. It is not the first time we have had business together and I have been more than patient. I have heard ever excuse I think there is. He doesn't answer my phone calls or emails for over the last year and I am actively pursuing a lawyer at this time to bring legal action.

no-sho

WEBB isn't the persecuted or victim, "no sho" and others like him are...

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Its a shame when cuemakers do this type of stuff but unfortunately it's part of the business.

One of my top 3 cuemakers has pretty bad customer service // timelines but i accept it any time i try to deal with him.

I love his work more than anyone else's and I'll wait.

In your case I see why you're mad but what can you do...

The Piper

Get Ugly...
Silver Member
Mike is currently working on something for me. Stand up guy. Never had a single bad experience.

liakos

Banned
No, it is his honesty, character, and integrity that are lacking.

Instead of telling you how I feel about your statement and get banned for life, I'll just assume you obviously don't know who Mike Webb is!

That being said, if you do know him, you are definitely the type of garbage I stay from in the pool halls and everywhere else for that matter!

Have a wonderful and blessed day

Eli

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of telling you how I feel about your statement and get banned for life, I'll just assume you obviously don't know who Mike Webb is!

That being said, if you do know him, you are definitely the type of garbage I stay from in the pool halls and everywhere else for that matter!

Have a wonderful and blessed day

Eli

Eli,
I appreciate the support but let it go. My mess and I'll clean it up. I'm not as perfect as everyone on here is. I can live with that but I strive to be. I've apologized to those that I needed to, I apologize to AZ. Accept the apology or not. I understand completely.

DonsSmidget

Guppy
Silver Member
I adore Mike. I have seen some of his work up close and personal. He made a shaft for my husband's break stick and the turn around time was two weeks at most. I see him a couple times a month at Bo's Billiards and he has been one of the few who have been very supportive of my small but improving game LOL. His work is phenominal. He has done some work for others on my team as well and it is outstanding. Now...... to figure out how to steal the hubbys break shaft............

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike might just have some undisclosed issues who knows?
I can tell ya my expierence 12 years ago was terrific !My webb butt end with Ivory splintered !I told him about it he said send it to me. Received the butt back better than new in a month!!! His paint finish was phenomenal!!

sorry but hope all good with him!

Burn out might be the deal but who knows except him!

ty Mike Webb again
ps. keep that cue home and the never hit shaft ,in safe keeping ,as I had him make me a 314-2 prior to my deciding this cue is a collector one!
oh no charge !!!

Last edited:

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Mike has stepped up to the plate and resolved any issue I had. Did a splendid job and in barley two weeks.

I was not going to post on this thread as it only seems to bring back the negative although there are many positive post..

I will not post on this thread again as to hopefully let that it move into the past as Mike is obviously trying to move to the future. We all have past issues and that is where most would like to keep them.

Charlie