Been A Rough Couple Of Weeks

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Fellow az'ers;

Some are aware that I had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and am recovering now at home.

Two weekends ago was supposed to be my zen weekend where after getting all my biz in order I could just cool out and relax my way into the much anticipated and dreaded Tuesday morning surgery. It was gonna be done in NYC so my oldest boy had me coming to his Manhattan apartment to spend the night Monday.

Sat night my girl and I went to sleep but at 12:30 am my phone rang; I missed it, it was my sister who lives approx. 20 mi north of me. For her to be calling at this hour, something was up.

I called back and she was hysterical and had to pass the phone off to a friend who had just arrived who told me in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Danny is dead, he was killed in a car accident." WHAT???!!! I lept up and began trying to process what was just said as we hurriedly go dressed and made our way out to the car. We passed the accident scene on the way up Rt 8 N to get to my sis and "Kat" Katherine), Danny's wife. They were married just a couple of years and had two babies, 3 yo and 10 mo. This was my sister's only child, her golden boy. Danny was my only nephew. WTH! What happened?

Danny was heading out to meet his best friend for a movie; Kat was gonna join them but couldn't get a babysitter.

As Danny was heading south through a very beautiful section of Rt 8 in Thomaston, on a gentle curve out of nowhere there were headlights and an unavoidable head on collision. According to a driver of another car next to Danny, she said the headlights appeared and POW, zero time to react. Danny was killed instantly.

Just like that, my nephew and my zen weekend were gone.

Danny was a fine young man, just 29 years old. As he was growing up and trying to find his way, his parents called on me to assist a few times with a little guidance. I brought him to a pool hall in Torrington where he could get relaxed and talk a little easier.

Always a smile on his face and not a bad bone in his body, he was agentle spirit and I will miss him dearly.

I saw him last at a summer party at a cousin's house a month or so, ago. As I came up to the top of their driveway on my shiny motorcycle, there was Danny in the pool with his baby. Of course he broke my balls by pushing his palm across the water toward me getting dangerously (for him) close to my bike.

Just learned he and his wife called me Funcle Brian. :)

The other driver, a 43 yo guy, was blotto drunk and driving north on the southbound side of the highway. He has not been charged yet as the investigation continues.

Don't ever hesitate to take someone's keys.

My nephew:

http://www.rep-am.com/Obituaries/903847.txt

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
That's a bitter pill.

I"m so sorry & will pray for ALL who know Danny. Please note that I said Know & not knew.

I'm glad you're physically okay & I prayed for you too.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry brother, gave me goosebumps.... Hope your family does well through these tough times...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fellow az'ers;

Some are aware that I had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and am recovering now at home.

Two weekends ago was supposed to be my zen weekend where after getting all my biz in order I could just cool out and relax my way into the much anticipated and dreaded Tuesday morning surgery. It was gonna be done in NYC so my oldest boy had me coming to his Manhattan apartment to spend the night Monday.

Sat night my girl and I went to sleep but at 12:30 am my phone rang; I missed it, it was my sister who lives approx. 20 mi north of me. For her to be calling at this hour, something was up.

I called back and she was hysterical and had to pass the phone off to a friend who had just arrived who told me in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Danny is dead, he was killed in a car accident." WHAT???!!! I lept up and began trying to process what was just said as we hurriedly go dressed and made our way out to the car. We passed the accident scene on the way up Rt 8 N to get to my sis and "Kat" Katherine), Danny's wife. They were married just a couple of years and had two babies, 3 yo and 10 mo. This was my sister's only child, her golden boy. Danny was my only nephew. WTH! What happened?

Danny was heading out to meet his best friend for a movie; Kat was gonna join them but couldn't get a babysitter.

As Danny was heading south through a very beautiful section of Rt 8 in Thomaston, on a gentle curve out of nowhere there were headlights and an unavoidable head on collision. According to a driver of another car next to Danny, she said the headlights appeared and POW, zero time to react. Danny was killed instantly.

Just like that, my nephew and my zen weekend were gone.

Danny was a fine young man, just 29 years old. As he was growing up and trying to find his way, his parents called on me to assist a few times with a little guidance. I brought him to a pool hall in Torrington where he could get relaxed and talk a little easier.

Always a smile on his face and not a bad bone in his body, he was agentle spirit and I will miss him dearly.

I saw him last at a summer party at a cousin's house a month or so, ago. As I came up to the top of their driveway on my shiny motorcycle, there was Danny in the pool with his baby. Of course he broke my balls by pushing his palm across the water toward me getting dangerously (for him) close to my bike.

Just learned he and his wife called me Funcle Brian. :)

The other driver, a 43 yo guy, was blotto drunk and driving north on the southbound side of the highway. He has not been charged yet as the investigation continues.

Don't ever hesitate to take someone's keys.

My nephew:

http://www.rep-am.com/Obituaries/903847.txt

best,
brian kc

Condolences, Brian.

Lou Figueroa

DJ62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about this tragedy. My condolences to you and your family. I hope your recovery is going well.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Life is so fragile...hug those you hold dearly and appreciate every moment.
My deepest thoughts and sympathy to you and your family, sir.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Realy so sad tears as i write. God bless!

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope...

Brian, take care brother... our thoughts and prayers are with you!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the best for your recovery and prayers for you and your families tragic loss.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Brian,
I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew, Danny.

As we live longer, we see this type of situation repeated over and over and it never gets any easier to accept.

(Stay well and listen to your doctors.)

JoeyA

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Joey...so well said, all I can do is add my dittos. So sorry to read of this horrible news. We read of these happenings in the paper, see 'em on the nightly news. When it happens to one you love...well, you feel for those families because you do know how they are feeling.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

A death of a loved one is never easy but losing your nephew like that is a nightmare. My prayers and condolence's to you and your family. You have been through an awful lot the last several weeks take it one day at a time for a full recovery.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brian
I`m so sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you & your family. I to have been going through a rough time myself. My mother had open heart surgery (value replacement) on Aug 13th & passed away on Aug 18th suddenly. 4 days later we took my father to the ER thinking he was having a heart attack. He has been in & out of the hospital twice since my moms passing. Its a hard & difficult time right now, wishing & praying for a speedy & fast recovery for you & give my condolences to your family.
Jeff